It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver police make arrests in "Million Mask March"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think the million mask march is a good thing. Not violence though. It just shows the PTB, that we have the numbers, and we CAN make a stand.

If we stay united, even around the world we can make a difference.

Look at the french, their gov. pleads with its people to stop protesting because they have numbers. So do we and I think we are just scared. Hopefully one day we wont.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Those videos are very scary. The fact that the police are purposely putting "decoy" protestors into the crowds to purposely rile them up so that they can step in. That is some scary #. We need to stay smart. Smarter than whoever is planning all this in the background.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

TheMistro81
reply to post by boncho

Law enforcement lick their chops over protests of any kind. They get to throw people in jail or prison, and keep the money flowing to the crooks that make money off of people being imprisoned. Then the police can get their "atta -boy" and maybe even a promotion!

If there was any truth to that there would have dozens of arrests instead of a few.

Having spent 12 years of my life as a Cop in California I can say I have never heard of any officer actually looking forward to this type of detail as its incredibly dangerous and more stressful than any other aspect of police work. I can also say you probably wont find a PD anywhere that has any real interest in sending people to jail for financial gain considering most get nothing out it, and promotions may work that way in the movies but in the real world it couldn't be further from the truth within a department. Wanna know the reality then go ride along with a few officers from your local PD and get to know some the guys and see how things actually work.

Police Departments have nothing to do with the way parole works and those who do decide the rules etc have nothing to do with them on any level as most states have their own officers that deal specifically with the prison system inside and out and administrative boards that set the rules for guys once they hit the streets. You need to go much higher up the food chain for your "Locking people up for $" to be plausible.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Candycab

I like your insight, it's definitively contradictory to popular belief ie: get people to pay fines or risk losing your job over a terrible budget etc etc... But what you're saying is that it's pretty much not the case, where quota, at least in California seems to not exist. But it's definitively hard to agree with that when cops sit at the side of a street with a radar gun or following someone until they break the law. Would you mind explaining why some cops do this? Is it just because they are a-holes or is it because their chief wants to see numbers for their own gain?

I know it's irrelevant to the topic somewhat, but I think better understanding cops and the bureaucracy that surrounds it can help shed some light, and possibly hope that cops are still there for the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Em2013
reply to post by Candycab

I like your insight, it's definitively contradictory to popular belief ie: get people to pay fines or risk losing your job over a terrible budget etc etc... But what you're saying is that it's pretty much not the case, where quota, at least in California seems to not exist. But it's definitively hard to agree with that when cops sit at the side of a street with a radar gun or following someone until they break the law. Would you mind explaining why some cops do this? Is it just because they are a-holes or is it because their chief wants to see numbers for their own gain?

I know it's irrelevant to the topic somewhat, but I think better understanding cops and the bureaucracy that surrounds it can help shed some light, and possibly hope that cops are still there for the people.

I would imagine department policy probably varies wildly in terms of having a quota system from One agency to another, but I know most traffic based agencies like State Troopers or Highway Patrol do have and use a quota system, but it has nothing to do with money. Its based on accident and crime statistics and provides a way to measure the results while trying to make a dent in those numbers over the next quarter or whatever time frame they decide works best.

In California ( I would imagine this nothing unique to Ca ) most departments have officers that only do one thing like working heavy traffic areas ( usually the Motorcycle guys ) or guys who do nothing but focus on commercial traffic ( 18 wheelers, agriculture vehicles etc ) 10851 task force guys ( stolen cars ) Gang task force etc So yes I would say there are definitely quota systems at work in most departments, but its nothing to do with revenue, just a way to gauge progress and show that officers are out doing their jobs instead of hiding under a tree somewhere all day
As a CHP Officer I have worked Northern and Southern Ca offices and dealt with many officers from several agencies ( LA area is a total zoo ) and have only met a few officers that I wouldn't want to work with who probably have no business working with the public. I would say there are more officers on the job who are good people that took an oath to perform a tough job in a fair manner and do so, but there will always be a few that slip through the cracks and do us all a disservice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join