It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver police make arrests in "Million Mask March"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Police began making arrests Tuesday night as protesters moved from the 16th Street Mall on to the City and County Building and then the state Capitol.

At least six people — five adults and one juvenile — had been arrested by 7:30 p.m., police said.

Police cars briefly blocked Bannock Street in front of the City and County Building, preventing vehicles from dropping off ballots at the Denver Election Division less than one-half hour before the polls closed.

At one point, Denver SWAT formeda line, blocking protesters from getting to the building once it was reported some in the group had begun to deface the structure.

Denver is one of 100 cities around the world where people were scheduled to join in the Million Mask March to...

Denver police make arrests in "Million Mask March"

This is interesting news, I wonder just how well this turned out in Canada because it's illegal to wear a mask in protest in Canada these days. I'm honestly surprised that it's not yet illegal in the US but if it were, I wonder how well that would go.

What are the cities that supposedly participated you ask? Well, there's the official blog that states them all here: millionmaskmarch.wordpress.com... It seems that it's a lot more than 100, and closer to 500 cities worldwide, but I'm pretty sure most of these cities only have a dozen or less people participating but I can't confirm this yet.

The day is gone so this isn't a recruitment news piece, but rather information that it happened. Has anyone participated in this? I haven't even heard of it until an hour ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I wish I could have participated.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Almost seems like people are asking for the police state. Yes, I realize the fundamentals behind protesting, and people rising up, but a giant crowd of masked protestors, and it only takes a handful of provocateurs to start a major incident and justify wide scale police action.

Provocateurs are documented, not a conspiracy, they are used… period.

Encouraging people to mask up and march the streets is like asking people to bring unloaded guns into a police station to make a point.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What's wrong with a mask? What does it matter who I am? I am a person, don't make judgments about me. I agree that people who protest can be short-sighted and can exploit the circumstances to cause mayhem, but you can't paint everybody that way and you can't say nobody should protest just because a few of them are bad apples. I can't say exactly why, but I like the idea of donning a mask and joining a peaceful protest, as long as the message is positive. I've never protested and don't see myself doing something like this, but at the same time, if it has a good message hten maybe.
edit on 5-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah protesting doesn't change much these days. If you want change you have to do more then just walking the streets with a banner. Trust me been there done that a few years ago. Change these days only happen with force. And that doesn't neccesary means violent force.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

boncho
Encouraging people to mask up and march the streets is like asking people to bring unloaded guns into a police station to make a point.

Are you seriously equating masks to guns?

If we have the right to a secret ballot, shouldn't we be able to protest secretly as well?
edit on 5-11-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

boncho
Almost seems like people are asking for the police state. Yes, I realize the fundamentals behind protesting, and people rising up, but a giant crowd of masked protestors, and it only takes a handful of provocateurs to start a major incident and justify wide scale police action.

Provocateurs are documented, not a conspiracy, they are used… period.

Really bro, you really believe that. You know there is a medical condition for the fear you feel of people in disguise:-

METAMFIEZOMAIOPHOBIA: the fear of mimes, clowns, and people in disguise.

Metamfiezomaiophobia is more specifically related to mimes. But it is also a term used in a more generic way to describe the phobia in which fear of people in masks of any kind is prevalent.

the-penultimate-word.com...

edit on 5-11-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2013 by Bone75 because: oops

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

boncho

Since when is a mask like a projectile weapon? I mean, I know some people have a fear of clowns, but identity concealing stuff like masks and face paints don't exactly equal a persistent threat or anything.

Unless they're Killer Klowns from Outer Space. THEN we have a problem.
edit on 11/5/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

English not your first language, or just didn't read my full post?

"Uh, well sarge, see we had to stop the provocateur stuff, cause people keep showing up without masks being orderly and all that, so, uh…"

"Can't we organize a protest under the guise of anonymity and encourage everyone to wear masks?"

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Bone75

boncho

Are you seriously equating masks to guns?

I'm equating the excuse to wreak havoc for the police. It's documented fact that they send in agent provocateurs. They don't like protests. If you have trouble understanding that, look at how they have handled the G8s, the Occupy protests, go further back to the 60s movements.

Anon is great, allowing an anonymous portal, or an attention grabbing method of releasing information with anonymity. This can be used for you or against you.

The G8 saw some of the most powerful police presence at recent protests (Canada) and after spending 2 billion and it being a pretty mild affair, some masked men showed up and started setting police cars on fire and they made mass arrests.

Afterward they pushed through legislation to make masked protest illegal. Great, now they can send in agents, and instead of crossing the riot line they just arrest them, and continue to arrest anyone else wearing one, or get them on footage for subsequent arrest.

So yes, there's a path, and continued masked protests would make it all to easy for it to be abused by behaviour we have already seen.
edit on 5-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Some excellents points here.

To me, it seems like police going undercover at these protests should fall under the category of spying. I truly believe it should be against the law. Then maybe, just maybe these protests would do some good.

Law enforcement lick their chops over protests of any kind. They get to throw people in jail or prison, and keep the money flowing to the crooks that make money off of people being imprisoned. Then the police can get their "atta -boy" and maybe even a promotion!

What a mess our country is in.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wearing a mask protects your identity so for example if your employer finds out you were protesting, you could get fired, or severely discriminated against. If you don't wear a mask at a protest, perhaps the government will deem you a terrorist or something like it so you instantly become an enemy of the state and are on the no-fly list. The list goes on, but protecting your identity in a protest is critical in protecting oneself from the corruption and those around you that believe differently.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

A link to pictures from around the world:

www.popularresistance.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Yes, but masks also allow undercover police / agents to hide behind a mask as well, and start defacing property so they can justify mass arrests on people who didn't have anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Only because people allow it. People start stomping these morons who start breaking #, I bet that will change really quick.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Just read about this on Ickes website... didnt know about it otherwise I may well have turned up at the March in London.

edit on 6-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If you're going to wear a mask to a protest, wear a helmet, face shield, and gas mask. Might as well have some protection. But if you really want a peaceful protest, bring guns.

Armed protest at Alamo ends quietly

Police seem less inclined to instigate violence when they may wind up on the receiving end.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

boncho

Provocateurs are documented, not a conspiracy, they are used… period

why would u take an unloadied gun? Have you seen our police? I say take the bullets!!

Lets get this stated. We need confronting.

We need to get this started
edit on 6-11-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What is the website for finding out about protest marches involving 'anonymous'?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join