It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Knives.. Did Someone Say Budget Knives???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
condor knife and tool are a very respectable company . i have their golock machete , all though i think of it more as a sword . the sheaths that they come with their knives are sweet . i own the buck / tops knives c.s.a.r.t collection , and i ended up making my own kydex sheaths to replace the ones that come with them . i would have paid more for those if they had quality sheaths like condors.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No offence offcourse...
I have owned several kershaws and they just dont feel as sturdy as example a tenacious or a byrd knfe IMO
Only downfall is that 8cr13mov steel, no fan of it, chips very easy with some use.
Or you can go for a enlan bee knife, super cheap and strong as hell

Best regards

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

drneville

TheSmallandFast
A very general post. The first knife I ever got was a simple, small black pocket knife (2.5" blade), I got it from Wal-Mart for only $1 (at the time I was psyched that the price was so low, but worried at the same time, there are a lot of crazies after all). It wasn't the best quality knife by far, but for simple low impact tasks it worked perfectly. Fast forward a few years later and I'm now in the market for a new knife; something small, durable, multi use, and preferably black, due to financial reasons I will not spend more than $45 on a new knife and would prefer something around $20-30. Any suggestions? And thanks a bunch.

Spyderco delica 4
will last you a llifetime

Kershaw I don't like, they feel cheap...
If you want even cheaper, a gerber evo (mini or regular) is a great knife, superstrong and holds an edge

And yes, i use my knives, my edc is my spyderco peramilitary in D2 or my delica in ZDP189.
Hope this helps

edit on 13-11-2013 by drneville because: (no reason given)

Way helpful thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
in a real shtf scenario you'll use whatever knife you can find. A butter knife or a dollar store kitchen chef knife, or whatever you can find. I bought a decent survival knife off ebay for 10 bucks. I could gut a deer I'm sure with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Doesn't it make just good common sense though to prepare as much before hand as possible so you don't have to "Gut a deer" with a butter knife?

Does to me

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I don't think you ever spent one day in the woods.

Too busy writing survival scenarios.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I was going to recommend a Mora knife but you already did.

I usually carry a Mora or my SOG Seal Elite Pup.

I see no need for clunky Rambo knives, especially since my most used tool is a folding saw, I hardly ever use a knife.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

BitSlapper

I don't think you ever spent one day in the woods.

Too busy writing survival scenarios.

Coming soon, the 'how would you, if the world ended and you were somehow still alive' skin a deer without a knife thread.

Back on topic, I always found Spyderco to be slightly better than Kerhsaw. I do love a Spyderco.

Not sure that Mora Bushcraft is worth the price though, at least not in the UK. For the price you could get 2 Mora, 2 firesteel and make your own sheath attachment.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

spartacus699
in a real shtf scenario you'll use whatever knife you can find. A butter knife or a dollar store kitchen chef knife, or whatever you can find. I bought a decent survival knife off ebay for 10 bucks. I could gut a deer I'm sure with it.

Or I can find the ones that I bought before hand, precisely so that I don't have to do that.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Coming soon, the 'how would you, if the world ended and you were somehow still alive' skin a deer without a knife thread.

You forgot "while fighting off zombies".

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I recently purchased a Zero Tolerance 0350, and I can honestly say that it's one of the nicest, sturdiest folding knives I've ever owned. I got it off ebay for considerably less than their advertised price on their website. (less than a hundred dollars) And so far I couldn't be happier with it. I recommend it entirely.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Looks like a really sweet blade

I may have to check it out....

I've been on a Puma crave lately

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Long fingernails, useful for nose picking, spot popping and busking with the guitar for fish and chip money as well as gutting deer.

It's a fair thread idea, get in there first

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
my favorite knife was my crkt soo7 razel it was a big knife about a foot long that had a a razor shar blade a half serated edge for cutting rope and the tip was a chisel but some turd stole it out of my shop. my current carry blade is one of those nryll gryllis knives from gerber it is sharp as hell it only cost aeound 30 bucks at wally world but i use it for everything from cutting steaks to first aid i recently used it to remove a splinter from someones hand, i have used it to cut aluminum cans and other things. the one feature i like to have in all my knives is full tang construction . why because i gave had to many folders fold up on my hand . and when i as in my teens i used to buy survival knives whit container in handle amd every one of them the handle bolt broke so the knife was no good.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I personally like the Cutlass Machete from Coldsteel. $50, and it is actually a battle ready sword, with sheath.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Quite the hunk of steel but you may have found the one knife too large even for me..

I'm still loving my Buckmaster 184s

I'm finding this knife to be perfect for me..

(Not really a budget knife though)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join