It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors are giving up or giving in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

The first time you throw out your back, you'll be singing a different tune about chiropractors as you crawl into their office begging for their service. If you can sing between the gasps of pain.

I'll admit, some are hippy weirdos - but there are some that really understand joint displacement and can really do some good.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

Some people seems to like chiropractors a lot, and swear by them.

I have tried everything, from acupuncture that I love it, massage therapy and occurs sports medicine surgery.

But I tried a chiropractor for the first time this year two months ago, she tried to sell me a whole wellness programs that lasted 3 months.

I had my first adjustment she cracked my neck, it was scary but nothing bad.

I had another appointment the second day, this time when she cracked my neck it was horrible, she was gentle, but it was loud and it felt like grinding sand.

After I left her office, I got nauseous, dizzy and had a head ache, then my neck became painful to the point that I could not move the head side to side, I panic for days, never went back and got the pain ease with massage therapy.

I read that Obama ACA will include insurance to provide for chiropractic services even if you do not need them, I wonder if they will cover for acupuncture.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I've had both experiences. My first occurred after a broken collar bone. Once the bone set and I was out of the shoulder harness - I had a lean and a pain between my shoulder blades. A local chiropractor was suggested and after 3 visits I had lost both the lean and the pain.

Then I moved. Various injuries and chiropractors later, I found another good one. A little woman named Lacy. At this point, I was convinced that the best chiropractors are small women. They MUST know bones and joints inside-and-out in order to do their job, because they lack the physical strength manhandle you (as some other chiropractors do). Lacy got married and moved on, and was replaced with Mandy - also a small woman, and just as good.

When you go to a chiropractor for a specific problem and they suggest regular and ongoing "therapy", then you've hit one of the bad ones. If you must part the bead-curtain to enter their office - you've hit one of the bad ones. If you have to ask them to put out the incense and open a window - you've hit one of the bad ones.

If you meet one that says, this is going to take between X and Y number of visits, but I think we can get you straightened out - give that one a chance, because they want to fix you instead of milk you.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

Yes, the chiropractor I had first thing after she viewed my x rays told me what I needed, thankfully the neck problems I thought I had was not, my neck was fine, the pain in my upper body neck and shoulders is the side effects of shoulder surgery back 10 years ago, compensating for one side has made my back supposedly out of "alignment" then in top of that I am an avid gym goer, from cardio, weights, yoga, Pilates you name it, I over due a lot of things, so I am always in some pain due to exercises.

The package she try to sell me would have cost me a few thousand dollars, I didn't know that Chiropractors has gone so expensive, and my insurance do not cover them.

One thing is for sure I will never let any body manipulate my neck again.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You need to be very careful with Chiropractors messing with your neck. There have been more and more cases of Chiropractors causing carotid artery dissection. I'm not saying that is what you have, I'm not a doctor, but it may be worth looking into it because what you described shared some of the symptoms.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In general, I think Chiropractors are scammers and not doing anything for you accept temporary relief...and long term dependency.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I have to say that you're right about some that are trying to get long term customers instead of straightening out problems - but there are some that not only know what they're doing - but can resolve issues such as my upper back issue from the broken collar bone - and the lower back issue I have from lifting odd shaped/large objects.

One of the more extreme issues I had involved lifting my bass amp onto a shelf about head height. I did manage to get it on the shelf, but crumbled into a heap. I could barely walk with a cane into the chiropractors office, but I walked out carrying the cane, some pride, a tube of biofreeze ointment and instructions on how to rest and stretch my back for the next few days.

Some are real life savers. Others are out to hook you into ongoing therapies. I would liken it to a dislocated shoulder - you can either endure some pain at the hands of someone who knows what they're doing to put it back into socket - or you can "manage your condition" forever. Find a person who can fix it - actually fix it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join