It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors are giving up or giving in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This past weekend, I bought a washer and dryer - and, of course - I pulled my back out unloading the truck. This kind of thing happens to me when I'm lifting awkward shaped or sized objects. I see my chiropractor at least twice a year for this kind of thing.

Except today...

When I arrived at her office, the receptionist was there - but no chiropractor. The strange thing is that the receptionist (daughter of the owner) explained that she's on unemployment because the chiropractor was not willing to accept even more paperwork related to the ACA and that she didn't like the new pricing structure that she was required to adopt. That's right, she quit! The receptionist and her father (the owner of the business) were scrambling to find another Doctor to fill the position.

So, being in a bad sort of way - my wife found another chiropractic clinic (30 minutes away) and set an appointment.

I was then introduced to the new level of paperwork, and the fee structure. 25 pages of forms, intensely personal information (SSN, what are your hobbies, did your wife have a c-section, etc). The fees - oh my goodness. What was previously a $40 adjustment - turned into $150 before prescribed therapies to "manage my condition".

I managed my condition right out of there and will spend some quality time in my gravity boots over the next couple of nights.

What I wonder is if this is going to become the norm.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

I see in your paperwork, on page 56, your bowel movements are not regular. Before I can treat you, it will be necessary for you to see a general practitioner, and reschedule your appointment here. That will be $150 please.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I try to get adjusted once a month so I certainly hope this doesn't become the norm. It seems like any time the government even thinks about getting involved in something it turns to a pile of crap.
edit on 5-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: Delete

edit on 5-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: Letter a

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What do you think if after 3.5 years and 600 million dollars spent the web site is trash.

Secondly it would seem that more people are going to end up without healthcare then the 30 million that this whole mess was created for.

I would say trust with all the lies and obvious mentally challenged people in charge of ACA is a little lacking here.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you want to keep your Doctor...

Vote these liars out of office.

Every single one.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

My doctor is gone, and we've tried the "vote them out" thing. I only hope that once the ACA fails miserably and is repealed or de-funded, things get back to normal (or some fraction of terrible).

I've heard cliche of doctors leaving because of ACA - but I never expected to actually see it.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A red flag should immediately go up when most of the health professional community says that this is a bad bill. The addition of personnel to the IRS, but the lack of addition to the health care work force should be an indicator of what's really happening.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

stutteringp0et

When I arrived at her office, the receptionist was there - but no chiropractor. The strange thing is that the receptionist (daughter of the owner) explained that she's on unemployment because the chiropractor was not willing to accept even more paperwork related to the ACA and that she didn't like the new pricing structure that she was required to adopt.

Does anyone know more about this? Are they creating figures according to time and material, like say,,,, repairing a dent in your car?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

stutteringp0et

I've heard cliche of doctors leaving because of ACA - but I never expected to actually see it.

Hey get this: It's NOT a cliché, it's the truth and it's real. Welcome to reality. Can't wait for the rest of the people to wake up so this nightmare will end.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Chiropractors aren't doctors, they're cranks. And I'm pretty sure they're not covered under the ACA or any other legislation.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ShadeWolf
Chiropractors aren't doctors, they're cranks. And I'm pretty sure they're not covered under the ACA or any other legislation.

WOW, check this out!

www.pbs.org...

Pladuim

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Does the car salesman remind you of someone?

Pladuim

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Wow. This is getting very bad. If I have to fill out forms again for each doctor this will be over a thousand dollars. This country is going to the rich now. The middle class is gone because of this ObamaCare Act. With a monthly cost of about $500.00 for insurance, plus a $5000.00 deductable is way more then I speed
a year with meds. My insurance costs were under $1500.00 with meds and copay. What this boils down to is Insurance will be $6000.00 plus $5000.00 deductable = $11,000.00 a year. WTF. If this is not challanged by us now then we are all heading to FEMA Camp USA. This is worse then NAZI Germany. Looks Like the book by Jim Marrs, Rise of the Forth Reich been going on behind the curtain. I thought we won World WarII

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Battleline

What do you think if after 3.5 years and 600 million dollars spent the web site is trash.

Secondly it would seem that more people are going to end up without healthcare then the 30 million that this whole mess was created for.

I would say trust with all the lies and obvious mentally challenged people in charge of ACA is a little lacking here.

Since the politicions wrote the ObamaCare (AKA) and there exempt form this bill, would we have a legal challenge in court as this is discriminating tax on us, cause there exempt from this tax?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

stutteringp0et

My doctor is gone, and we've tried the "vote them out" thing. I only hope that once the ACA fails miserably and is repealed or de-funded, things get back to normal (or some fraction of terrible).

My sister is a doctor and was the first person I know that was calling for health care reform. She is one of the most honest people I know. She worked herself through school. Now she has not changed her mind. The fact is we live in the best country in the world but have some of the worst rated health care. We are also one of the few modern civilized countries who don't provide health care for it's citizens.

She tells me aca is not perfect but should be allowed to work and made better. That nothing is going to be perfect but we must start. That it is unacceptable in our great country to have anyone without health-care. She is also states that our problem is also greed. That is an astounding statement but we have come a long way from the town doctor that takes eggs etc as payment.

Aca is not perfect but having a single person in this country suffer without health-care isn't either.

You have to throw out there, you know what, get rid of all them greedy money grabbing insurance companies and just go universal health care. Oh no they yell, communist, well greed is working so well. There really does have to be a better way, seriously, why did we not look at the fifty countries ahead of us and see what they are doing. Even Mexico rates better than we do, give me a break.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

I tried to look up who wrote the ACA and depending on which site you go to there all different, the only thing they all had in common was no one who had a hand in writing the bill read it when it was done.

As far as legal action I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seems strange how just a few years ago I kept hearing about how much growth was predicted for jobs in the medical sector. I remember the reasoning was that because of the Baby Boomers growing older, this would drive up the need for people to fill jobs in all aspects of medicine and health care.

My brother is a professional musician and times have been so hard for performers that a couple of years ago he decided to go back to school for something in the medical field. I don't even remember what he said he wanted to do, but I should find out what he thinks his prospects are in a post Obama care world.

It seems like the PTB try to ruin every possible opportunity for job growth and job security. I guess we can be sure of work in the prison system or maybe with homeland security or the NSA.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Anything unethical goes - is banished - no more tolerance.

Doctors for years have been prescribing medications to people to fund pharmaceutical Industry. Not to heal or cure patients, but to make them reliant on taking pharmaceuticals to make money for the doctors and the industry.

Ask yourself, when was the last time you went to a Doctor and he said "Ohh I have a cure for your condition"

It has to stop, this is only the tip of the problem.

Unless these people can operate with ethics, then they should not be (and you gotta love this word) "PRACTICING" at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I remember a while back when the Obama (we don't care) ACA was been debated that our orthopedic doctor was giving letters in his practice (he is a private doctor belonging to a group that does surgery in the same facility) telling that if the ACA was to pass congress they would have to accommodate for the difference on cut of care and that translated into no taking Medicaid patients under the program.

Because it didn't pertain to my husband and I, I really didn't give much attention to the letter, I also didn't understood much how ACA was going to work at the time once implemented.

Now I see how private practices will be dealing with ACA and those that will fall under, I imagine that those with insurance companies like Blue Shield and others in the same category even under ACA will be ok, but those that will be in the subsidized side of it or that will fall under Medicaid expansion will be the ones that will have problems.

So far the only paper work I have filed is with information pertaining to me and close family members history like high blood pressure, diabetes ext. If I am given a paper work that ask about my husband last colonoscopy ( just joking) I will tell them to ask him. he he,.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iamea

The problem is that ACA doesn't control doctors and neither the insurance businesses, it only make sure that you will have to buy an insurance of be fine and that you could not be denied,

Remember that Obama had close doors meeting with the big pharma and insurance companies before ACA was passed in congress, it was the insurance companies that influenced congress on the mandate at the time, so do not expect anything changing from the way that the insurance companies, doctors and big pharma does business.

Too much money running in the halls of the white house from the big private business in the nation, corruption is rampant.

edit on 5-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join