It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live events from the Toronto Mayors Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.cp24.com...

Breaking News out of Toronto Canada right now. There is a developing story to the video which was denied to exist earlier this year. The entire story so far, involves the mayor in illegal activity, possibly his friend threatening people to find a video taken of him, (the guy arrested for threatening people and the investigation seems to possibly be linked to the mayor) and a long police investigation which documented all the events around it.

The mayor has already today come out and admitted the video exists (which the police have) and people are wondering if he is going to step down.

*Topic cleaned up for T&C

Searching links will let you know the topic of discussion, but please keep within T&Cs. thanks.

www.cnn.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

The live feed is about to start in a couple minutes, speculation on whether or not he will resign.
edit on 5-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

New development:

Mayor says that his admission was the "right thing to do." And he says he hopes that nobody has to go through what he went through.

"Folks, I have nothing left to hide." He says.

He is such a terrible public speaker.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Very sad. However, he gets full points for admitting it, because it's probably the most difficult admission he's probably ever had to make.

I do agree with his brother about the chief of police's remarks setting this whole free-for-all off though and that it was unprofessional for a police chief to make a personal observation about it.

However if Rob is having drunken stupors and doesn't link this with problem drinking, then I do hope things evolve that make him take some time off and get some help, because he's in denial.

The pressure on him has to be so immense. I wonder how his blood pressure and heart health is. I would have collapsed long ago if I had been in his boots.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So I've been watching the live feed for about an hour now… Nothing yet. Apparently there is press from all over the world there, CNN and BBC have been covering, so it will make the world news outlets as soon as they figure out space for all the reporters.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What a great example he is for Canada and the great city of Toronto..

Time for him to step down methinks.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
What a great example he is for Canada and the great city of Toronto..

Time for him to step down methinks.

A few councillors have tabled motions and have a lot of support, asking for him to take a leave of absence and for him to lose power over the executive committee.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If I was one of the reporters I would have asked him..

"Mr. Mayor, as a civic leader in our society, what kind of example do you think this sets for people?"

That would have really gotten his goat.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by boncho

If I was one of the reporters I would have asked him..

"Mr. Mayor, as a civic leader in our society, what kind of example do you think this sets for people?"

That would have really gotten his goat.

I get the idea of vilifying our leaders when they screw up, but rather I'd like to see it be handled in a constructive light, because the status quo right now is to destroy them personally and politically which keeps them lying even harder in the future.

At the end of the day people are people. And humans are far from perfect…

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I thought it would be more humorous than vilifying, to ask that question.

top topics

join