It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets say there was an APOCALPYSE. And we met, what would your role end up being???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Lets say there was an APOCALPYSE. It was a perfect storm. No power, virus, zombies, Newclear war, Most are dead, cities are ruined, it's become dog eat dog, kill or be killed.

But we from ATS had a plan to meet somewhere to work together to survive. It turned out that someone had a remote location deep in the woods, far enough away from any major threats, but close enough to a few abandon towns to make runs to them if we needed to for supplies. Then still ample forests, rivers, lakes to forage and hunt for food.

We who post on this thread met up there. But in order to get into the camp you had to indicate and prove what role you could fulfill in order to ensure you're capable of doing something, almost anything!

We all happen to arrive within a short period of time of each other. But we have nothing but some basic camping gear with us. So we're starting off livinging cramped in what few tents we have. How do we build our camp into one we all enjoy and that sustains us, in terms of culture, entertainment, religion, politics, education, basic needs, shelter, food, supplies etc etc etc.

So what would your role end up being around camp???

edit on 5-11-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Food, definitely food...my legs are great and would make great human drumsticks.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Either... Music.. or building / Repairing Energy sources / electronics.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
UseLess Eater

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So are you in a psych class doing research for your next paper? Or are you something more sinister? This is the classic high school (or what used to be before high school education had been "dummed down" ) Psych 101 acenario: there's you and a few others on a life raft in the middle of the ocean...how do you determine who survives? ( And that 's the super short hand of the title of the project) At 15 years old I knew what they were trying to do then...seems pretty similar to what you're trying to do here.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sex slave/Spirit guide.. ..hehehe

but seriously if the world was to suffer some kind of apocalypse my role would be a solitary one... living out my days alone in a secluded part of the woods with nothing but my dog for company, this is what i would choose because if law and order was to cease to exist i seriously doubt the ability of the majority to curb their murderous instincts... i have very little faith in humanity so to me a solitary life in the wilderness seems like the more intelligent option

that being said i really hope i am wrong to believe this but i definitely won't be hanging around a camp full of crazies to find out when the apocalypse comes

edit on 5/11/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Apocalypse means unveiling, or revelation. Just FYI. That is why the last book of the Holy Scriptures is called Revelation. It merely means a revealing of what is going to happen. And nowhere in the revelation are their zombies or nuclear war or anything of the sort.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I dont know really.

I should buy a few spare sets of glasses though, with no opticians the future will be blurry

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Broom
Apocalypse means unveiling, or revelation. Just FYI. That is why the last book of the Holy Scriptures is called Revelation. It merely means a revealing of what is going to happen. And nowhere in the revelation are their zombies or nuclear war of or anything of the sort.

You must be fun at other imaginary apocalypse camp role-playing simulations.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Usually I'm just sweeping up the mess. :|

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My next biggest concern during an apocalypse, other than the apocalypse itself is other people.
Other people stripped of civilization tend not to react overly well when in desperation, and will often toss morality out the window in favor for their own survival at any cost, even at the expense of others.

Thus, I'd be doing all in my power to avoid other people, at least for the first year until most people will have died off and those remaining have proven themselves successful.
Even so, their success could potentially have come from preying on other people, so, still, other people will very definitely be high on my list of things to avoid.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

My next biggest concern during an apocalypse, other than the apocalypse itself is other people.

I think the first priority would be to establish a banking system & other financial institutions ,,then we could charge interest for boymonkey74's arms & legs

edit on 5-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Broom

Usually I'm just sweeping up the mess. :|

LOL!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I would be the "smart" nerd. I would try to get broken radios, computers etc. working again, things like that.
Then I would install spell-checkers on some people's PC, including the OPs. Because it has been found that he tried to send out messages to whoever alive warning about the "newclear war" and no-one knew what he actually meant.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

role hmm... survivor?

i would love to help for food and water
and the team motivator

peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't want to assume I'd be bringing anything truly unique to a large group. We should all be overlapping skills to some degree for a group to form that has a good shot at making it. So up front, it would be to compliment and support in gathering supplies, defense considerations as well as being a bunny of general listening and comfort to those among the group that may obviously need it by then,

Tangible stuff? Oh, about a half dozen gigs worth of PDF files covering everything from what is good to eat vs. what is fatal in the wild to making soap from nothing...to perimeter alarms for wildlife of the 2 and 4 legged variety that may want our stuff more than we do.

That's a good start for offer in walking up to a new group cold.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What would you bring to my group?

As I have lots of canned food, hunting supplies and live in the country. I wouldn't be out looking for another group. My neighbors would make up most of mine, so it would probably be a matter of us letting people in or not.

Are you a doctor? We could use one of those, but we do have an RN.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

iunlimited491
reply to post by Broom

Broom
Apocalypse means unveiling, or revelation. Just FYI. That is why the last book of the Holy Scriptures is called Revelation. It merely means a revealing of what is going to happen. And nowhere in the revelation are their zombies or nuclear war of or anything of the sort.

You must be fun at other imaginary apocalypse camp role-playing simulations.

The fun dies when the fundies arrive

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ATS users should have a predetermined place meet incase the apocalypse happens. people here seem much more civilized than the masses already. if everyone met up there would actually be hope for humanities survival. im sure most of the people on this site are not the type to go crazy and start hunting people for food

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hunter, tracker, trapper, pure survivalist, but that would also depend on the region. I know that I am only capable of doing this in my home state. I know what plants to avoid and which are consumable here. I do not know about any where else, but I do know I can hunt and track and trap very well. I am willing to bet I could do this about anywhere. I would also volunteer my self to the responsible role of helping repopulate the world lol.. Ok so I am kidding I would be gone a lot trying to help feed people. I also think I could teach people many things as well as world history. Keeping history is a big thing for me and I have studied far too long to just let it disappear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join