It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacred Contracts: Do You Have One? What's Your Purpose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2013 by Rhoswen because: wrong place

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks, Wandering Scribe! I'm just at the beginning now, where she is writing about Socrates and the life of the great enlightened teachers. I'm probably a ways into the meat of it, but I'm looking forward to getting to the nitty-gritty!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

Learning .... from the cradle to the grave and beyond.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I feel like my contract is with the Universe for an unspecified amount of time. And I feel that my purpose in life is ineffable. This may sound like I'm being cheeky to someone else, but that's what I truly believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ezekielken
reply to post by Rhoswen

I like cats, but I can't eat a whole one!

Put the leftovers in Tupperware Dummy!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

They're pretty stringy meat, anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

watchitburn
I'm not really into mysticism, purposes and stuff like that, but I think if I was here for some type of purpose, it would probably be to help break the world.

Or fix it. Can't break something that's already broken.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

I actually experienced, for the first time, a contract with a pet. Thank you so much OP, as well as everyone else who has given links and book titles. You have helped me confirm ALL of my suspicions and have played a part in the awakening of my mind. I love you all.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Feel the same way myself. At times I'm paralyzed with self doubt and the question..."What am I supposed to do now?" So, usually instead of waiting and being unproductive and whatever else, I just do something. Anything. Sometimes it's wrong, or not what I really wanted to be doing and then I just change course later and do something else. I haven't read much of her work. I have read the passion test and found that to be an amazing book that will direct you, if not to what your purpose is, to what you enjoy most in life and start seeking it. As I get older, I'm still in doubt if there is God or not, if there is purpose in life or not, if there is a path for me or not, if there is an afterlife or not, if we just go blank when we die or not. I don't know. Right now, I have a short term plan in full motion and a long term plan that I'm visualizing and getting the basic ground work done on. My belief is that these will both bring me short and long term happiness, purpose and direction in life and make me a better person. Other times,...I just feel like Jack Reacher....except without the freedom and lack of commitments and with way more baggage and material possessions. that's enough of a rant from me right now. lol

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You know, I do have a sacred contract, but it isn't working for me... I worked hard and thought I was going to make a difference and came to the conclusion that humans are not capable of changing their ways.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I believe everyone has a purpose and a role to play. The people who oppose us, are as much our teachers as the ones who support us. But, on the other hand, I do NOT believe that it is necessarily a given that we will get to experience the outcome/result of the role we were meant to play. If you look around you and at history in generally, it would appear that the odds are mostly against that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
My purpose was to aid the incoming transition

I will say.
Virtually all sickness is because of disconnection to a souls true purpose or "higher self"
The disharmony causes a low vibration in the energetic field which then manifest as illness.
I know most causes of cancer are for this reason.

We all come here to learn specific things known as life lessons, we also have a life mission. Their are often various tasks in the soul mission, or various contracts with certain individuals. This can change drastically depending on the persons criteria.

If you look at it from the life of a shaman.
They are known to get what is called "shaman sickness" where if they applicant does not realize he/she has incarnated for this specific purpose to be a healer, he/she will encounter life threatening illness. Most die as they are unable to realize this process and every act they pursue results in sickness.

Of coarse this is the extreme case, but puts in perspective.
This soul will not be aloud to live if it does not pursue its purpose.

edit on 6-11-2013 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join