It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS......GIVE YOUR FUAAAA!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by coquine

I would just point out that I have heard this before my entire life from Spanish culture. He learned it from latin culture....I have heard this in the context of "pow" or "bada bing bada bang"...."whoosh", or "bam".....

He just added a back philosophy to it.

It is amazing that there is a French word with a similar meaning. But will you also imply that "ouch", or "Ahh" are french words we all copied....come on man, REALLY? That anal?

One- "Latin culture" includes Spain Italy and France. Their language all comes from latin, and are very similar.

Two - the meaning is the same, as I explained.

-Three- If the word is pronounced exactly the same, and has exactly the same meaning, and comes from the same base language, maybe it could have been a coincidence, but the chances are slim. That does not invalidate the fact that the word already exists.

-Four- The anal comment was necessary? Really?

To that, I answer "caca"- which exists both in spanish and french, because it comes from latin.

edit on 4-11-2013 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

One- "Latin culture" includes Spain Italy and France. Their language all comes from latin, and are very similar.

Two - the meaning is the same, as I explained.

-Three- If the word is pronounced exactly the same, and has exactly the same meaning, and comes from the same base language, maybe it could have been a coincidence, but the chances are slim. That does not invalidate the fact that the word already exists.

-Four- The anal comment was necessary? Really?

To that, I answer "caca"- which exists both in spanish and french, because it comes from latin.

well,

1: Latino /hispanic culture is slightly different than latin culture. yes Spanish is a romance language with a common latin root as in all our languages.... BUT this term is commonly used as an expression in hispanic culture with synonyms as I pointed out like "pow", "woosh", or "bam".

2:FOI in French is akin to faith. This word though sounding similar is not related to faith. It is more akin to a "can do" attitude, or as the man put it, an "extra" bit of energy or force to accomplish a task when you feel empty and weak. .....Gusto,....umf.

It is not an act of faith or the state of having faith, or a profession of faith or anything else you say it is. "Tu as la foi aujourd'hui?" this means "do you have faith today". Do you believe.....dont stretch it too far there to make your argument bud.

FUAA!! is more of an ACT of overcoming. It has little to do with faith, though it does require it. It is about summoning ENERGY /force...STRENGTH OF CHARACTER. It is more related to Chi as someone alluded to earlier.

You posted the same information TWICE and then went out of your way to shoot this down. Sorry that is a little anal..... and very "caca" of you.

3: If the word is pronounced ALMOST the same, and has A DIFFERENT meaning, it is another word. You would be surprised how many times it happens though when similar words have similar meanings in two separate cultures.

so

FUAA!!

edit on 11 4 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Nice... wish more people could give their FUA and steer this boat in a new direction.

This woman below is definitely flexing her FUAAAAA!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Keep on Fuaa'ing, and you will ignore how to pull, sounds just like pushing really.

Btw, here is a video that somehow relates in a comedic way.

Pushing leads to pulling, pulling lead to pushings.

Wax on, wax off.

Nice thread though.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I'm not finished! As I came in here, I heard those words, "Cradle of Leadership". Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here. It has fallen. Makers of men, Creators of leaders. Be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong. I'm not a judge or jury, but I can tell you this: He won't sell anybody out to buy his future! And that, my friends, is called integrity. That's called courage. Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey. You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee. It's a valuable future. Believe me. Don't destroy it. Protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.

imbd quotes

This is on topic. If you've seen the movie, he says "hoo-ah" multiple times/.
edit on 11-5-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

No conspiracy or hidden agendas, just another reason to change the way you see things. I love it, thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow, wonderful and so freaking funny to see this threat. My friends and I always using this word, soon as I saw 'fua' I had to click it and see what's up. Bravo! haha good times! glad to see the fuaaaaa is spreading.

kix

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

yes its quite widespread in Mexico

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

You are correct!. I was born in Mexico but raised here in the US; growing up in my neighborhood (and in many work places) when working hard on something, moving stuff, I'm sure it's not just a Mexican thing though, that when when "stressing" for example to lift something heavy into place, we do the "fffffffffffssssss" or something, forcefully trying to keep the air in the lungs that is trying to escape, and when we accomplish the task we give out a loud "ahhh" so it is combined as a "fffffuahhhh" Usually though it's more like a "fff.....ffff...fffppppfft...(argh)
......ffffffffuah!!!!!
"

(note - My Great grandfather was a French General who fought in Mexico The French got their butts whipped, and he like many stayed, he in particular settled in the State of Jalisco, and there are plenty of French descendants there, but, I can assure and agree with you that it is not a derivative from the French "faith" I think it's just a congruent coincidence)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
FUA! (Mex. Sp. slang)= short for Fuerza!

In English....Force, power, might, vigor, willpower.....

Pretty sure that is what it means. However,I am no Etymologist
I believe others have taken it to mean Fuerza Universal Applicada....

Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by coquine

1: Latino /hispanic culture is slightly different than latin culture.

Yes, but you wrote "latin", not hispanic, nor latin american. That was what I was replying to.

2:FOI in French is akin to faith. This word though sounding similar is not related to faith. It is more akin to a "can do" attitude, or as the man put it, an "extra" bit of energy or force to accomplish a task when you feel empty and weak. .....Gusto,....umf.

It is not an act of faith or the state of having faith, or a profession of faith or anything else you say it is. "Tu as la foi aujourd'hui?" this means "do you have faith today". Do you believe.....dont stretch it too far there to make your argument bud.

Listen "bud" (or "dude" as you called me in the other reply), I am a woman, I live and work in France. When I come to work, and my collegues say "Alors, tu as la foi?" the first time, I asked what that meant, they explained with gestures of punching and roaring, "you know, la FOI! Hrruumph! You have drive and confidence, energy ready to explode???"

So the word has evolved with time to have a common usage in France, which sounds EXACTLY like what you are describing. For the french, confidence in oneself is exactly what enables one to have force of energy which comes from within- without that faith in an inner source, there isn't any. The word "faith" in english doesn't translate perfectly.

I don't want to be a party pooper, people who come to ATS aren't all looking to "deny ignorance"- sometimes ignorance is fun. But calling names and insulting people isn't the best way to keep them away- it is provocation in both cultures.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Very nice thread !
Change is in the air. Positive change.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I wish I could hi-five you! This thread trolled me in a great way!

I shall now be yelling 'FUAAAA!!!' after I do something that needed a bit of powering up to do!

Thank you for putting a label to it! I love DBZ more then I love Classic Star Wars. Bold Statement.

Anyway, s&f

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join