It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS......GIVE YOUR FUAAAA!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
SO,

I was chatting with some co workers today and we came across a subject that really hit home for me.

I have heard these guys say a phrase over and over again and I had to ask what it meant.

They are Mexican and when ever we are moving allot of boxes or doing some really hard work they would say "saca tu FUAA!".

Now I am fluent in spanish but I never heard this before so I thought it was just a Mexican slang word. Basically it translates to = "bring out your ummff"

The story behind it is just precious. I mean its just wonderful and VERY funny.

There is a video of a man that was recorded as a news team for a mexican TV station was filming the effects of alcohol on an average weekend.

What they recorded became an instant hit and surprisingly, has inspired MANY people, even though it came from a man who started out the video on the floor and later on recorded a typical message from a drunk to his wife before going into a detox tank for the night.

Now apart from all that I want to show you the video my coworkers showed me and translate some of it.

SO the guy considers himself a wandering traveler. He can see the future and can bring people back from the dead. NOW I didnt see him say these things but it is what the video starts off saying about him.

He may have been drunk when he said it...or the news station was too busy laughing their ass off to consider this more than a 3 minute piece they could have some fun with....so they mocked him a little.

Anyways. LOL

His philosophy is pretty awesome.

He starts out by saying that he cant but he will try to talk to the camera. That he is going to bring up the FUAA!.

He then goes on to explain what this means since someone asked.

¿WHAT IS THE FUAA!!! ?

"Well, it is the strength we have inside us. That extra bit we have in our gut that when we are down and out, that we can summon to give us that drive to the finish. "

"Character." "I am going to do it"..."can do attitude."

"I cant do it, I cant, I just cant do it" he says people say...."what do you mean you cant" "of coarse you can", FUAAAAA!

"Thats when I summon the strength of character, the inner strength, the power...."

"It doesnt matter what you are doing, no matter what you are trying to realize....the most important thing is to give that extra....to go the extra mile....THE FUAAAAA!"

"Fuuaaaa! means to give that extra"

"That thing we project into the universe..." (pointing at universe)
"thats fua"

"when the person is dead, and everyone is like, naa he is dead...leave him dead....NOOO!! no, no, no, no,no....FUA! FUA! FUA!"....(I think he was referring to EMS and doctors or talking TO the rescue workers).....the news station probably thought it would be funnier to make him say he brings people back from the dead with his FUA!

"and when you revive him, and that person is useful to society....that is when you gave the FUA"(pounds on cop car) "FUA!"

"WHEN YOU GIVE THE FUA, THAT IS THE REAL FUA!!"

and this is him sober.....still cool as hell.

Again....Loosely translated by me...

"The fua is the energy that is in the pit of our stomach which is projected into the universe. The fua wont let die. You can use whatever you want to use....What I care about is that, that intention, which it can provoke in others...that distortion of reality....that distortion of truth....no matter what truth always prevails.....

DONT let yourselves be fooled, DONT let yourselves be manipulated....NO NO NOOOO....lol

The real FUA is what we have in our spirit, in our soul.....and what will make us make of our country the best country in the world...

the philosophy of FUA was created to serve others, not to be served by others...there are those who have manipulated the philosophy of life, and it is philosophy of life...which must accompany you in all your life...YOU MUST ALWAYS GIVE THE FUA!!!....when those people only use it badly, it makes me sick...."

He then goes on to recite a little of a beautiful poem describing how in life, you are the architect of your destiny and if you only get "ice" it is because "ice" is what you have given. It is a poem about the beauty of life and its harmony....the guy is pretty deep...and very humble.

So that is it. FUAAAA....!!

It is very popular apparently and even the former president of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, used it when addressing athletes who were to represent the nation.

It is used when someone is giving up. When they are down and out, or when you expect them to give their all...

So ATS......GIVE YOUR FUAAAA!!!!!!!!

edit on 11 3 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Easily one of the best threads I've ever read, congratulations S&F

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Beautiful tadaman.

Never knew this was in you.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Funny, in french "foi" (pronounced exactly as he is saying it) means "faith"( confidence, conviction, fidelity, spirituality...).

It is used to refer to faith in oneself, or in God, or just in general- in the universe.
At work, people ask each other when they arrive, "Tu as la foi aujourd'hui?" (Do you have faith today?) basically meaning-
do you have energy today? Do you feel pumped and ready? Are you "on" today?

But also pronounced exactly the same way is the french word "Foie" which means "liver".

Maybe he picked up french somewhere, and was talking about foi, or about the organ he is destroying with alcohol??

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
FUBAAAAAAARRRR!!!!

FUAAAAAArrrggglll !!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

coquine
Funny, in french "foi" (pronounced exactly as he is saying it) means "faith"( confidence, conviction, fidelity, spirituality...).

It is used to refer to faith in oneself, or in God, or just in general- in the universe.
At work, people ask each other when they arrive, "Tu as la foi aujourd'hui?" (Do you have faith today?) basically meaning-
do you have energy today? Do you feel pumped and ready? Are you "on" today?

But also pronounced exactly the same way is the french word "Foie" which means "liver".

Maybe he picked up french somewhere, and was talking about foi, or about the organ he is destroying with alcohol??
Kind of like spirit and spirits.

one used to define enthusiasum and drive, or a soul after death
the other a term for distilled alcohol.

And too much of one will make your the other.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Nice! S&F for the enjoyment alone....

And for the DBZ pics my daughter caught me looking at.
Almost made me feel like I was looking at something I shouldn't be.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hora ley pues.
I love it . Where I grew up in El Paso Juarez
we had so many sayings that I miss. And the food ? Dont get me started.
I had never heard this one. This was way cool gracias vato.
Now I gotta go down to work and throw some chingasos para mi Jefe.
Don't translate what that means

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Nice thread. Seems like a very good man, but the alcohol is getting him like a dog gets a bone. His notoriety is probably the worse thing that could happen to him as now millions of people will be glad to.....buy him a drink! The last thing he needs is an entire nation wanting to buy him a drink.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am become the FUAAA, I can, I will! Absolute best post I've read in awhile, tadaman, thank you. We are witness to the birth of a viral meme!

I'm thinking forget Nike, brother needs his own FUAAA! sportswear line. It even looks like a logo in itself, eh?

Probably should've kept that to myself. It's a winner...think about it.

edit on 3-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Don't translate what that means.

Careful. LOTS of us speak Spanish as well as English on here. You're not supposed to use Spanish (tried it - got wrist slapped).

And it's "Orale".

At the OP:

Reminds me of the HUA thing they say in the military. "Heard, Understand, Acknowledged"

or "OORAH" in the Coast Guard.

I had many great years working with Mexicans and other Central Americans/Latinos...what fun...especially when you get to know the vernacular stuff! I found them delightful - except for a couple of them who were psychos. Oh well - there's a couple in every bunch.

EDIT: Sorry, I had posted someone else's quote instead of sealing's.
Now corrected.

edit on 11/3/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Nice! S&F for the enjoyment alone....

And for the DBZ pics my daughter caught me looking at.
Almost made me feel like I was looking at something I shouldn't be.

Hahaha i feel you bro, this happens to me alot it's like getting caught with your trousers down, typically i would be in the worst part of liveleak then someone comes in "hey....what you doing ?.......OMG what the hell is that????? my eyes !my eyes!" and i'm like "noo wait ! wait ! it was just a link i clicked honest to god"

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
S&F for the DBZ reference, which is easily one of the best and funniest examples of FFFUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAA!!! I could probably think of. I mean, if anything is FFFUUUUUAAAAAA!!!!...well, it's that.

Good thread. Let's bring out the FFFUUUAAAAAAA!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The encouragement to remain determined no matter what Is what 1 picks up from this... The reminder is appreciated tadaman, thanks.
Its like a response to the errors of existence causing a compression somewhat on the soul strength to overcome and when no longer able to be compressed a reverse is ignited in response to the errors compressing. In short don't give in even if it feels like you have no other option. Omit that option and persevere.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As a fluent Spanish speaker, I thought those videos were hilarious. Especially the first one. Good one!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I've also never heard of Fuaa. But then again my parents are Guatemalan (Central American) and not Mexican.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Too bad all I could picture was Skyrim.
He's got the first word right. Now to earn the rest...

FUS

RO

DAH!!!

amiright?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is a real word.

It is spelled "FOI" and pronounced "fwaa", or "fuaa".

It means faith, confidence, conviction.

This guy did not make this up- he learned it somewhere from someone.

I can't believe this could get so popular and nobody pointed that out????

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Removed Huge Quote
Mod Edit

I think he's talking about Chi energy. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/5/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

I would just point out that I have heard this before my entire life from Spanish culture. He learned it from latin culture....I have heard this in the context of "pow" or "bada bing bada bang"...."whoosh", or "bam".....

He just added a back philosophy to it.

It is amazing that there is a French word with a similar meaning. But will you also imply that "ouch", or "Ahh" are french words we all copied....come on man, REALLY? That anal?

Dude, FUAAA!!!

EDIT:
I am glad you guys all enjoyed this...It really has enriched my life as well as given me great joy and I hope it does the same for you too...

Have a good one people

hold it down....

FUAA!

edit on 11 4 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join