It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles proposes banning GMOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Los Angeles is considering banning the cultivation and sale of genetically modified organisms. If it does, the second-largest U.S. city would become the country's largest GMO-free zone.

Two LA city councilmen on Friday introduced a motion that would ban the growth, sale and distribution of genetically engineered seeds and plants. The councilmen, Paul Koretz and Mitch O’Farrell, said the measure is meant to protect local gardens and homegrown food from contamination by genetically modified seeds. The motion would not affect the sale of food containing genetically modified ingredients.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I was surprised not to find it on ATS yet. Some positive news on the GMO matter
The awareness on GMOs is increasing and sooner or later some state or city will decide on removing these from their markets, whether go gain votes or from personal beliefs. Hopefully we´ll see it soon.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

This is fantastic. Maybe we will see more of it in the future if it passes. I for one believe that GMO products should be banned as well, but at least it is a start. I am fortunate enough to live in an area(very small area) where organically grown foods is very popular so I at least get reduced amounts of GMO's.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

colddeadhands
This is fantastic. Maybe we will see more of it in the future if it passes. I for one believe that GMO products should be banned as well, but at least it is a start. I am fortunate enough to live in an area(very small area) where organically grown foods is very popular so I at least get reduced amounts of GMO's.

Yes; it is fantastic. Any actions are welcome until we can absolutely eradicate GMO-poisoned "food" at some point in the future. It's saddening to see that TPTB have made GMO cac a political issue rather than a safety issue.

Unfortunately, it will afford Kalifornians little reprieve as they are being hit with serious chemtrails and will soon be bathing in hot particles from Fukushima.

Rense.com has excellent and on-going coverage of the global threat from Fukushima.

edit on 2-11-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I highly doubt that as there really isn't much that isn't GMO and most Organic grown food has been infected thanks to cross pollination and wind bringing the pollen to all four corners of the globe so even organic food is messed up, unless it was in a hothouse.
Genetically Modified Crops ...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The fukushima radiation is still coming.

top topics

join