It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Arc Reactor (Questions)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been watching Iron Man a lot, and it got me thinking. Is it feasible (or even possible) to build a miniaturized arc reactor like in the movie?

I did some digging, and found this link:
Mini-Arc Reactor Concept

I'm not exactly a science wizz, but I understood some of what was said in the article. It talks about both hot, and cold fusion techniques. The author believes the arc reactor would use cold fusion with a type of palladium. I'm just wondering if any of our science people can say wether this is possible, or not? I have way more questions if it is possible. WAY MORE.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

If it's possible, it already exists. Just not to our knowledge.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

look up Ponds& Fleishman- cold fusion. Or, Rossi cold fusion reactor. It might help in your quest for cold fusion technology.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

w8tn4it
reply to post by jjsr420

look up Ponds& Fleishman- cold fusion. Or, Rossi cold fusion reactor. It might help in your quest for cold fusion technology.
Or just look up cold fusion on Wiki where you can see how to spell both of those names, since I suspect spelling them correctly would aid in a search.

It also has a brief answer to the original question:

It has been rejected by the mainstream scientific community because the original experimental results could not be replicated consistently and reliably, and because there is no accepted theoretical model of cold fusion.
Yes, they used palladium, which is probably where the movie writers came up with palladium.

The US Navy researched cold fusion up until recently when they finally terminated the research after decades of no success. They claimed to have found neutrons, but this was never confirmed, and the Navy wants real power production, not just neutrons. Rossi's technology isn't exactly the same (does he claim to use palladium? I didn't think so), but it's most likely a hoax, in contrast to Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann, who were sincere, but apparently wrong in their claims, which they later admitted.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

join