It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand this one.

It sounds like some hospitals are not going to be accepting certain insurance offered to consumers on the PPACA exchanges.

According to one story, some States forbid that while many States apparently allow hospitals to be selective.

This could be a problem.

In other words, some people could be faced with extra payments for services.

And that begs a question about 'additional' money owed by patients if insurance limits the amount paid to hospitals ????

Very confusing and dangerous.

I think people were expecting better results from this miracle law.

And I remember being warned about this.

3 stories to read....

The U.S. News and World Report has more bad Obamacare–is there any other kind?–news: The nation’s top hospitals may not accept many Obamacare policies. From the story:

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.

Will President Obama call these institutions “bad apples” as he has insurance companies that followed the “law of the land”–aka, his “signature achievement”–and canceled millions of policies that people liked? Good grief.

National Review story;

2nd article - U.S. News and World Report

Americans who sign up for insurance on the state exchanges may not have access to the nation's top hospitals, Watchdog.org reports.

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

List of some Hospitals

edit on Fri Nov 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed bottom link to hospitals

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Wow.. Okay... Assuming Missouri and Washington ever work this out to where we get some benefit from what seems to be the only game in town, more and more? This is just wrong.

We have a couple level 1 trauma centers in Southern Missouri and if you're close to them (They're a few miles apart, amazingly) I guess one of the two will end up taking it. What about the countless small towns around this and so many other states though? If THE one little community hospital and/or clinic doesn't play? Well, that could be 30-50 miles, sometimes more and each way to another one.

This is the nightmare that keeps on giving as we find out how many pieces won't work at all or just don't fit, in quite the way they need to for a viable system.

The problem is, this train tore up the track as it went down it....so there is nothing to back up to in terms of what had existed in 2009. What do we do? Can't go forward (easily) and absolutely can't go back.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Your link to "List of some Hospitals" doesn't work, dear. Could you fix it, please? And thanks for bringing all of this info to the table in this thread!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It isn't so much that they won't take any Obamacare, only that they will only take a few select policies off the exchange. So if you happen to buy the wrong policy from the wrong provider than you're SOL, and I'll bet that isn't in the fine print. And, I'll bet that those policies aren't the cheap ones, either.
edit on 1-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's the idea - to create monopoly and total control. Oh and if a few too many of us wind up dying on the way? Well, there were too many of us to begin with anyhow.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I understand all the rebutles and points of view on this... However~

Why should top hospitals accepts "Half~Ass" insurance ponzy plans, when~

They have to wait for the gooberment for payment? Might as well rub this magic lamp I have, it would probably pay faster. They already take forever to pay on state coverage per the doctor's I've heard from.

This ACA is a way to bring Dr's and Hospitals down from being "paid well" to being just the same as everyone else in the world, "poor" and dependent on the government. This is how it feels to me.

America is looking more and more communistic on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I am starting to wonder if the failure of Obamacare was the intent.

Another cog in the wheel to weaken America.

When you add it all up, just a few,

Like, billionaires for open borders,
www.nationalreview.com...
The purging of the military
www.wnd.com...

Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, recipient of the U.S. military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, as well as other top retired officers, say President Obama’s agenda is decimating the morale of the U.S. ranks to the point members no longer feel prepared to fight or have the desire to win.
Read more at www.wnd.com...

Obama is a radical communist,
Alan Keyes

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Yes, Obamacare was designed to fail. The ultimate goal is single-payer. Everyone who wants that needs to consider that the two insurers existing in the US right now with the highest rate of claims denial are Medicare and Medicaid, and who backs them? Oh, it's not any private company, but the US government. So when it all comes around to being the only game in town, get ready to having less than what you used to have.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

sulaw
I understand all the rebutles and points of view on this... However~

Why should top hospitals accepts "Half~Ass" insurance ponzy plans, when~

They have to wait for the gooberment for payment? Might as well rub this magic lamp I have, it would probably pay faster. They already take forever to pay on state coverage per the doctor's I've heard from.

The "gooberment" is not the insurer on the exchanges. The same insurance companies that you can get private insurance with are the ones in the exchanges. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, for example. The "gooberment" does pay on Medicaid/Medicare, and VA/Tricare plans.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

new_here

Your link to "List of some Hospitals" doesn't work, dear. Could you fix it, please? And thanks for bringing all of this info to the table in this thread!

sorry. looks like a format problem...

here's the raw link...

www.usnews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

It's the government who wrote those plans for the insurers pretty much top to bottom through regulation. The intent is to get you to hate the insurers ever more than you do. It's like the throne room in the Wizard of Oz - Pay no attention of that HHS Secretary hiding behind the curtain! The whole bill is fascism with the aim of eventually collapsing the private market through untenable regulations. Then, because you are busy looking at the empty letterhead and hating the company without ever seeing the true puppet masters, you'll be all in when they throw back the curtain and ask you to let them just run things openly. So you'll them get the same crap, but they'll just try to make a better effort to hide the costs a little but more by tucking the taxes into everything else.

Why do you think so many people are getting chucked off their plans? It's because even with the grandfather provisions, Sebelius and her merry band of rules writers can ensure that no plan can exist without having to be changed in some way, shape or form. Then, oh well, so much for your grandfathered plan ... guess you'll just have to buy this. Why do you think they're telling you why your plan is gone? It's because it's true.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hey thanks! The first two say "All Insurance accepted per state law" so what's up with that?

(In all fairness, I did not read the article- just looked at the list.)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

new_here

Hey thanks! The first two say "All Insurance accepted per state law" so what's up with that?

(In all fairness, I did not read the article- just looked at the list.)

I'm not sure.

But I would say it's because of State laws and regulations.

And I might think a "difference" in cost vs what insurance will pay could end up being the patient's "responsibility" in the end.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've just (today) accepted a position at a medical institution that has a religious theme. I'm not sure how much Obamacare will play into it. All I know is that my family and myself are covered with an excellent policy.

Perhaps I am the exception to what is going on. I dunno.

(personal disclosure)
I have been working hard to obtain a position where I would not have to worry about insurance or retirement issues.

I'd like to think that hard work and sweat equity does have its own rewards.

Screw Obamacare. To hell with government mandates.

I will (and have) work myself into a position where I don't have to suffer under the draconian rule of a government gone mad!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Like I posted in another thread, doctors and hospitals can be choosy about what kind of insurance the take, most private doctors do not take Medicaid patients and certain hospital will only take a certain amount of them either

Now that Medicaid will become the insurance for the poor and needy under Obamacare, they will find out very soon that their choices are going to be very limited, this doesn't means that those with better insurance under Obamacrap can not be take in, if you pay for insurance your insurance will pay for you that is plain and simple, regardless, I think this has to do more with the Medicaid patients.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Again with the Obammycare...

Why is it a surprise that folks who were writing their won paychecks aren't going to like the coverage? The medical industry in America has only been for profit/management and not about cures/care since Nixon. Anyone care to recall how much they LOVED the idea of the HMO with Nixon? Because it was blank check city for both the insurance industry and the medical profession.

If I was living high on the hog, over charging everyone under the Sun (even my dear old Ma because "that is what the market'll sustain) you can be certain I'd look for ways to keep writing those checks for myself. That's human nature. That's what is happening now, why is everyone so myopic? The folks at the top who are running their yaps are just well heeled liars that are having the masses do their dirty work WHILE the masses vote against their own interests.

All that said, why is it that we're all for pouring billions of dollars into lies (the War on Terror) and false promises (F22, F35 etc) w/o a HINT of performance, but putting a few bucks towards their fellow Americans is so terrible? Why? Just the cost overruns in the F22 & F35 projects alone (AKA the lies we were sold) should've been reason enough to STOP the projects until they were able to deliver the products as intended and within budget.

Derek

top topics

join