It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brief Death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I unfeelingly watched the couple asleep on the sofa. It was very short and they were cuddled together uncomfortably. I slowly rose upwards towards the ceiling but my view of them never changed direction. I believe without thought just instinctually, I then retreated to the hall, still at the rooms height and turned a corner which led to the front door and outside.

I had no care, no worry of what or where I was going, I didn't even think about them, it was just silent video and nothing mattered, no thoughts....of any kind, just saw it happening....

Then I coughed, my eyes opened. Without waking my girlfriend I removed her arm from around my neck and laid awake on the couch with her for the rest of the night.

I am a dreamer, but have never dreamed of anything that I haven't or wasn't capable of doing in real life.

If it has any bearing on the above topic I haven't been a "good" person and have hurt most people who have come in contact with me and many who haven't.

Your thoughts are why I am here, good or bad....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Could have been the beginnings of a near death experience or it could have simply been an out of body experience.

It sounds like maybe it's forced you to confront the inevitable conclusion...that one day you will die.

What's hard to see until you are actually staring it in the face is that when you die, what you've done is done - it's over, permanent

I's hotly debated what exactly that means or if there's consequences waiting on the other side but perhaps you should try using this opportunity to at least take some time to evaluate yourself as a person (it sounds like you may have already started doing a little of that considering the last sentence of your post)

Without knowing you I can't obviously have too much perspective as to who you actually are but if you feel as though you haven't been a "good" person then maybe you should try taking a shot at becoming more of a giver than a taker?

It's not terribly hard to be "good" person and the secret is that it actually can be a much more rewarding life....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That is spooky and right here at Halloween too.

I have had instances where I felt like my body was going "weightless" while I was still asleep... but awake enough to wonder what was going on. It never went further than that though. Not like yours. I am not sure what it means in your case. Maybe it was a wake up call (no pun intended) for you to examine yourself and your course in life.

There are lots of folks here that know much more about it than I do, and I am sure they will be along shortly.

You don't seem that freaked out about it, so maybe that is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This topic wasn't really meant to be about me. Just added profile info to suggest that perhaps a religious person might have different experience or better person than I maybe, lol. A little comforting, lol, that there may be no heaven or hell and our soul or energy moves on, again, in a different way. Sigh for a lifetime of guilt. Have come to the conclusion that we are what we are, so I don't do friends any longer, just work and go home and do my best to not covet thy neighbours s**t!

Back to topic please.....
edit on 31-10-2013 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
you were sleep walking

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No, we were tightly wrapped together and there was no sneaking away from that one, she had 3 kids, was very aware of her surroundings, even when asleep!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Going with the OBE.

top topics

join