It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the worlds poorest president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

well here is an interesting character if i have ever seen one,the president of Uruguay, he is a man of the common people and what an absolute legend...

he gives 80% of his wage to charity,lives in a small house well away from the presidential palace and avidly speaks out against consumerism and globalism.....

He must be the only man in power that has this view....he actually wants change that benefits the majority instead of the few ....the world as we know it needs more people like him in the spotlight....

he spent years in prison before getting this position..obviuosly giving him plenty of time to think about what itis that is important....how to go from prison to president i am not sure...... but either way at least half of the populace in his country support him.......

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's nice to see this.
Unfortunately, for the rest of the planet, politics is the standard easy street road to wealth and power.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow... EVERY elected representative should read this and take note. The time is coming when this needs to be considered as a constitutional amendment... require them all to live in medium income neighborhoods. Make sure they have to wave to their constituents every day on the way to work. The poorest neighborhoods would be too dangerous from a practical standpoint... but make sure they have to at least drive through them... get them down off of their lofty perches for awhile...

Serious S&F

edit on 31-10-2013 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

yeah quite a fellow ...restores a bit of faith in humanity

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Truly revolutionary

I hope he does still understand that as a head of state he still needs protection.

Especially if he starts getting attention for his "radical" approach to governmental management.

The other "managers" might start thinking he is making them look bad...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

The guy was shot 6 times and did 14 years in a horrible prison. Some people just have balls, my respects to this man.

Ah, if only the people in Mexico would remember the times when those before us has balls to.

I wish for men like this in my country. Men like him and those past like Lázaro Cárdenas.

If anyone is interested take a look at this video, they show why Mexico's oil is of the people. Now, more than ever as they try to privatize it, the people of Mexico need some balls.

It's in English...

The Rat.
edit on 31-10-2013 by TucoTheRat because: VIVA MEXICO!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would say he sounds like the richest president. Rich is humility, and the wisdom to know how distracting weath can be from what a leaders job should be all about - connecting to the people.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

agreed .....most of the people in power these days are so far out of touch it is disgraceful and more to the point they just do not care

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by madmac5150

agreed .....most of the people in power these days are so far out of touch it is disgraceful and more to the point they just do not care

For 1st world, capitalist country leaders, "With great profit, comes great deny-ability"

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

yep...with power comes great responsibility ,so it is a shame that most leaders are irresponsible

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

another legend of his time....he did a lot for mexico....amazing how it bought the people together and unified the country....

new topics

top topics

join