It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little boy hugs Pope Francis and refuses to leave his side on stage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am not religious in the slightest but I was raised catholic so I do tend to stay abreast of the catholic current affairs, anyhoo I came across this video of a young boy who apparently climbed up on the Vatican stage beside Pope Francis on Saturday and refused to leave, at one point hugging the Pope and even sitting on his seat for a little while.

Second video-

Funny and cute yeah, but there is something odd about this and I can not put my finger on it, maybe the boys mannerisms just? can see better in the second video, maybe the kid has learning disabilities or something, or is it just me that finds this slightly weird?

edit on 30-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Just a young boy and a Catholic Church leader?
What could possibly go wrong there?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

As cute as the kid is (!!!),totally a publicity stunt. Remember that woman who tried to jump the last pope? Got withing 5 feet but was tackled by like 6 dudes. Yeah it's a kid this time, but if they didn't want him there, he wouldn't have made it on stage. Just our 2p.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He handled the child quite well, in my opinion. Particularly given the circumstances and the fact he was expected to keep his game face on despite the, uh, fanfare.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The kid's obviously disabled. Not a big deal.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Some of the child's mannerisms, such as the head turning behavior would indicate some level of autism.

I'm not saying the child IS austistic, just that such would not lie outside probability, and some indicators would seem to point in that direction.

I found the child's behavior a little disturbing.
He doesn't seem to exhibit any range of emotion, seems to exhibit high unpredictability, and appears almost predatory. I half expected him to pull out a syringe and dose the Pope with cyanide or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hm. Isnt this entrapment? .......
just saying given the news lately ....... would prolly want to keep the little ones away from clergy types........... Just sayin

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Some kids like Santa Claus too.. don´t see anything weird in this one. We need to remember kids in that age are not "ready products" they have lot to learn in life and are impulsive.

Couldn´t help thinking this kid is after Pope´s position.. the future Pope

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Did you notice in the second video around the 58 second mark, his behavior was kinda strange, like he didn't want the other priest touching the Pope.

Yeah the little guy may have some behavioural issues.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kismetpair927

It could well be for publicity, the kid could have been talked up about the pope beforehand and encouraged to go on stage, so not ruling that out either. Ya never know with those guys.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

And somehow the kid knew he was supposed to kiss the cross.
BTW your avatar is hypnotic

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I highly doubt it was a publicity stunt. The new pope isn't anything like the last one, and I doubt very much he would go for that.

I watched the videos, nothing about it seems unusual or hard to believe. Stuff like this happens, the kid just ran up to the pope and wanted to stay by him, and everyone thought it was cute. That's about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Excellent point. Maybe he'd seen it done before. He didn't do it immediately, more like it was an impulse. Mimicking something he'd observed repeatedly. That's what autistic kids do, they follow patterns. They often get upset at spontaneity, particularly when it's not a worthwhile surprise.

Also, the avatar - it's Alice from Twilight. Given my attraction to Ashley Greene, trust me to know her face, regardless of how it's been modified.

edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The pope's a reptillian eating children!!!

I didn't watch the video's but from what i have seen and learned in this lifetime is that religion is a façade from all the real evil going on behind it. Even priests have stated " evil has intruded the vatican ".

Nothing to see here folks please keep walking just demon worshipping child offering priests....
edit on 30-10-2013 by Annunak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

kismetpair927

As cute as the kid is (!!!),totally a publicity stunt. Remember that woman who tried to jump the last pope? Got withing 5 feet but was tackled by like 6 dudes. Yeah it's a kid this time, but if they didn't want him there, he wouldn't have made it on stage. Just our 2p.

This^^

It was a publicity stint. The little kid reminds me of a "court jester" the way they panned to the crowd and they were all laughing and delighted. Total manipulation. IMHO, of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
all i can agree with is,,Matthew 18:6
"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

"which believe in me",,when do the innocent stop believing,,in Love.?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Restricted
The kid's obviously disabled. Not a big deal.

They prefer the disabled ones. They don't struggle.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
religions a con. probably staged event

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
And somehow the kid knew he was supposed to kiss the cross.

Basic teaching for a conservative Catholic family ... teach the child to kiss Jesus on the cross.
And considering the child was there to see the pope, I'd say he's probably Catholic.

It seems possible the child is 'special needs'.
It was handled just fine. I highly doubt it was a 'set up' of some kind
It's just one of those things that can happen .... IMHO

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have to say that I believe the child is Autistic most certainly! However I do not believe this was "staged" and here's why; I am a certified ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapist who has worked with many Autistic children. In my field it is the goal to teach these children basic life skills such as toilet training, communicating needs (food, drink, play time, affection, etc.) and appropriate public behavior as opposed to inappropriate public behavior. We use cues from the individual child in order to identify the behaviors to reward or not reward/ignore. If this would have been staged, his "handlers" would have been nearby in order to prompt him... they were not and if you notice, when he was picked up by, what I would presume, was his father/family member, he fought the attempt to be removed. He was on the verge of a meltdown because someone was trying to prevent him from something he wanted to do. If he had been "trained" to walk on stage and do those things, he would perceive the removal as a relief and willingly went with the man who picked him up.

Now about his mannerisms toward the pope, I believe that the boy felt a connection to him and in turn was being protective of him. Autistic children are far more in-tune than society thinks they are. To me, this boy's actions towards the pope make me feel more comfortable with the pope than I would be under normal circumstances. In some circles it is believed that people with Autism can see auras or intentions to put it another way. There is still very much left to learn about Autism, but what we do know and in those circles believe, is that Autism is a form of human evolution that went slightly awry. We try to "train" them from as young an age as possible to conform to our ideals of how they should act, when in reality we should be "trained" by them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join