It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Street Food Made From 'Gutter Oil' : The Most Disgusting Thing You Will See All Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I would have been more disgusted if this wasnt almost similar to what is bought,sold, and eaten here in the U.S.

The difference in those videos is that you can actually SEE what it is, take 2 hours to read the back of your favorite food and I bet this wont be as gross.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Turn those «cameras» to the other type of food industries from East to West – North to South and you’ll see they do the same (if not worst). Difference is those Chinese are in to open.

Are you really concern about what you are eating? Then start growing your own farm and making your own food.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

GreyGoo
Is this what we degenerate into as our resources become more scarce ? disgusting, however I would be willing to bet that at least one person or company of western origin hasn't seen this and thought hmmmm....£££££ ? How would you like your fries sir ?

China is a reflection of Western consumerism. They were willing to sell out their people and take in almost all the chemical intensive trades there are, polluting the hell out of their country and with a super corrupt authority, things like this have been overlooked to the point that cancer and other diseases become common place, finally forcing public opinion on the oppressive rule.

When you consider the state of things, you must always look at the worst places, the weakest link in the chain. Right now, India, China and Africa are just a mirror of what's to come when resources grow scarcer and places to process them run out...
edit on 30-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Very true. Additionally China's Government has always looked at China as a collective as opposed to the welfare of the individual. This will continue until the population decreases to a manageable number. What happens between now and then does not matter to them. Their negative population growth controls are working well and the numbers should start to scream down over the next few decades.

It is not that they can't do something about it, simply, they don't need or want to.

As for India, that will be a festering mess as their population continues to the point of unsustainability. Same for Africa.

P

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I did my apprenticeship back in the 1970s for a company that made check weighing machines,that means they weigh the contents of a packet of what ever and if it's too light (not enough biscuits in it for example) the machine rejects it.We did a load of machines for Birds Eye food up on the north east coast somewhere for their fish finger production line.They machines came back to us after less than a year in use in a state that made me feel ill.They hadn't been cleaned once in that time and were thoroughly smothered in fish meat,breadcrumbs,green furry mould and actually had mushrooms growing on them they were so dirty.I was a BIG fan of fish fingers up to this point,I still haven't eaten them to this day because of this.

Of course it would be stupid of me to assume that any more of the packaged food I eat is any better than this,but what we we don't see can't hurt us right?

So,anyone fancy a plate a of Soylent Green?
edit on 30-10-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That was disgusting, makes you wonder what else, food wise, goes on around the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

corblimeyguvnor
That was disgusting, makes you wonder what else, food wise, goes on around the world.

I know! I've actually seen family members and friends eat corpses, and leave the bones on the plate!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

amraks
Reminds me of futurama the secret ingredient of slurm

Outstanding connection, I tip my hat and lol sir

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Imagine if all the people that went for the Olympics (and the athletes).

One more nation to avoid eating some produces, add industrial meat, milk and butter and eggs, most cereal based produces and most industrial processed food from the US (and avoid Canada just for safety), anything from Japan, all industrial meat produces from central upper-central Europe (anything above France, including England) and any Korean (and Asian) restaurant that serves dogs.

Is this "oil" a Chinese only thing or does this trend exist in other Asian nations ? (I guess its profitable due the large volume of fired food, this is recycling gone very bad) The government should promote a proper recycling structure for oils as to undermine this practice.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

amkia
Turn those «cameras» to the other type of food industries from East to West – North to South and you’ll see they do the same (if not worst). Difference is those Chinese are in to open.

Are you really concern about what you are eating? Then start growing your own farm and making your own food.

Yikes! For a second there I thought you were making a comparison between sucking all kinds of polluted filth out of sewers, grease traps and gutters, performing a dubious back yard partial purification to make something slightly resembling "cooking oil" for human consumption, a practice that is illegal for many very good reasons......and food mass produced under enforceable health regulations in western nations, but that would be ridiculous hey

McDonald's, KFC, and any number of different companies are generating currency out of rubbish food, some restaurants would certainly fail to meet health guidelines too, no sensible person would debate that. But I find your display of indignation to be disingenuous (would you knowingly consume it?) and your comparison utter nonsense.

I don't care where you are from, this is utterly disgusting....

edit on 30 2013 by Artlogic because: Added barf, because, well, you know, the oil....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I have bottles filled with 'Mince Meat Fat' . Anyone want to buy some? It could be used as 'Oil' . Message me, if you want some shipped over!

As for the video in the OP. I won't be eating out if I visit China or if I do, it will be in the Restaurants!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

i keep a large coffee mug on the back of the counter by the stove. We put bacon drippings in it, which we will use occasionally while cooking (mostly during breakfast).

If you have never made refried beans with bacon grease...you ain't lived.

But we do clean it out every time we fill the cup up. It keeps us from having rancid fats (clean about once a week).

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Aleister

corblimeyguvnor

I know! I've actually seen family members and friends eat corpses, and leave the bones on the plate!

Shoulda seen how my mom would rip the ears off of corn. Or would boil a chicken fetus for Easter.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Within a year food cooked in gutter oil will look like paradise to the starving hordes here.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Truth to tell, EVERY industrial food process has its filthy corners...No matter what food you choose, its dubious whether youll get pure and wholesome eating out of it.........
The average household fridge contains some pretty gross items as well......
There is NO"safe food " out there.........is a toss up no matter where you go.....
Just look at all the recalls they have on N American foods.....
and the recalls are just a % of the ones that are never discovered.
The Chinese people do not have the lock on profit oriented
poisonings................

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Aleister

corblimeyguvnor

Shoulda seen how my mom would rip the ears off of corn. Or would boil a chicken fetus for Easter.

Mmmmm.....chicken fetus.

These videos had my stomach churning. Yet another reason to stay away from street food.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is a standard practice at Mcdonalds. (Maybe they have changed since I worked there but it was less than ten years ago) The oil from the fries was changed out and kept seperate, but everything else was fried in the same oil---the chicken products and "apple pies" were all fried in the same oil and the grease from the meat patties was squeegied off into collectors on the side. When the collectors were full they were emptied into these huge buckets TOGETHER with the oil from the nugget/pie fryers and sent off to be recycled and used again---not somewhere else , but by Mcdonalds . How this process works I have no idea, but I have never smelled anything so horrid as what these buckets smelled like when full.

I lasted about a month there. ALSO--- do not eat their "fresh sliced apples". I don't know what chemicals they are using but it is making children sick. Subway and other places have these included as "healthy" options for kid meals. Apples that don't turn brown after slicing should tell you something is up. I have tasted them and it isn't vinegar or lemon juice they are using......my daughter even brought some home from school so they have made their way into school lunches. I have been making her lunches since then.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

I know, right?!?
Where is the Department of Health to insure proper protocol is followed when producing gutter oil??

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

crackerjack
I've been living in China for 7 years and you would be AMAZED at how many cheap, hole in the wall restaurants use this stuff.
One thing you gotta understand about China is that it's PROFIT FIRST, safety last, most people don't care as long as there's a profit in it, they have no morals to whom they might be harming, just think of their own wallet. Also the people who do eat this stuff eat for the sole reason that it's CHEAP.

My family has always ate at home because of the food safety concerns here.

Well this sounds like the USA also, they just don't come out and say it like in China! Better off knowing like you do rather than guessing like we do....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bangoli

This is a standard practice at Mcdonalds. (Maybe they have changed since I worked there but it was less than ten years ago) The oil from the fries was changed out and kept seperate, but everything else was fried in the same oil---the chicken products and "apple pies" were all fried in the same oil and the grease from the meat patties was squeegied off into collectors on the side. When the collectors were full they were emptied into these huge buckets TOGETHER with the oil from the nugget/pie fryers and sent off to be recycled and used again---not somewhere else , but by Mcdonalds .

The difference here is they are getting the grease from the sewers! Anything that flows into the sewers is mixed with the grease. So thats anything that drips off all the cars on the road , anything thats flushed down a toilet , anything washed down a sink! We are not just talking about food oil being reused we are talking about anything oil or chemical that is not water soluble that is floating around in the sewers gets strained and then sold as food oil. Thats just not comparable to McDonald's.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join