It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I encrypt files on a harddrive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
How do I encrypt files on a harddrive? and also how do I password protect and or encrypt a mini USB drive?

Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Best option: TrueCrypt just google for a tutorial

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Use Truecrypt.

its mentioned in the link posted above, but its better than a mere alternative, imo. Hidden mountable encrypted bugger off dont even try, encryption.

mind you, lose you passphrase and kiss your data goodbye.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Truecrypt is very convenient.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Depends on what level you want to encrypt too...

there are a few option, if you just want to encrypt specific data you can get a usb device with Enncrytpion ... you want hardware necryption not software based encryption of one of these devices and certain devices claim to be a higher level of hardware encrytion than they are (256 is industry standard for the NHS\private health comapnies etc in the UK)

if you pm me i can give you a list of decent devices for this.

if its a larger scale operation (than one mahcine) there are prodcuts that can be purchased to do it, such as SEE (Symantec Endpoint Encryption) it also is compliant with the level of encrpytion needed in the medical records enviroment. there are other which will allow remote wiping of your device amongst other things depends on the level\amount of money you would like to achieve.

if you were looking at your personal device againt there are products avilable which will allow you to remote wipe your device and lock out and wipe if the passwords are wrong (again PM me if you would like to know more)

for certain files (even a large amount) i would suggest the external device option as it can then be put in a safe for added security i have both a32 gig and 500 gig device for this as i need it for work....

new topics

top topics

join