It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Hey Hey, What's Happenin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hello Everyone, I am a brand new member at ATS.

A little about me. I have had an interest in both the Paranormal and Extra Terrestrials from a young age. My family and I saw a "flying saucer", at a fairly close range, when I was ten and it sparked my interest in things considered "fringe".

I am a born skeptic and aside from that one thing I've seen, don't really believe in too much else. I like the idea of all of these Paranormal things and Conspiracies and Aliens out there...I'm just not convinced and many things I hear and read just seem ridiculous. I don't even know what I saw when I was ten, beyond the fact that it looked like what you think a ufo would look like and did things that ufo's do, but one day I'd like to know what I actually saw.

I've been a forum observer here and some other forums for probably the last ten years, finally decided to join the discussion. Any tips on etiquette that current member could provide would be awesome.

Thx All.

M
edit on 29-10-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

Hi Nowyouseeme, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Failte
Thats Irish for welcome
To your new addiction, coz thats what ATS is.....addictive
You should definitely start a thread about your ufo experience when you have posted 20 times
I look forward to reading about it

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Hey Hey Hey...here's your Welcome Cookies....enjoy....

Des

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hi and welcome. So just to clarify, you and your family saw a UFO, but apart from that one you don't believe in UFO's?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I saw a UFO and it wasn't a light in the sky or something at a distance. Maybe 30 feet away from us and 20 feet off the ground. It was large, probably that typical 30 feet across thing and we even saw windows (or maybe small reflective things across the surface) and we could see it rotating. We all also felt some after effects post-experience. When I hit my 20 post minimum I'll make a thread about everything in detail.

I believe I saw that, but I don't know if it had aliens in it...where it came from...really what it was. I just know what I saw. I'm not willing to make any leap of assumption regarding my experience as I just don't know. One of the main reasons I joined is to really be involved in some conversations and come to some type of conclusion in my mind as to what we saw.

That was my point, I don't think it was grey's or lizard in that thing, I can just say as a skeptical witness that it was a defining experience for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Now the fun begins!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hey, hey, hey! Love to play tackle! (Old cartoon show, lol)

Welcome and hope you have fun

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome and the cookies, it's almost like being back at home with the parents...minus the unrealistic expectations...ha. I'll work on a cool avatar and a mysterious yet cool signature later.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ha! Welcome! It was your thread heading that brought my response! If that is your general attitude (humor can be a good thing)...then this is the place for you.

All you are skeptical of in the paranormal-esoteric and UFO world...can be addressed right here. Just wear your tinfoil hat and bring a change of clothes....in case the TROLLS toss you off the bridge. (Beware the TROLLS...they lurk about...just pay them no mind.)

Hail fellow! Well met. Peace- Mysterioustranger

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Howdy, Nowyouseeme!

Welcome to ATS. If you wanna get the crash course on all things UFO, read this thread. Don't forget to follow the links on stuff you aren't up to speed on. IMO this is cutting edge UFOlogy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to the boards!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Don't forget there's the ATS chat room! To the right of the "logout" heading is a little down arrow, if you click it you'll see the link to the chat.

I've been known to pop in and out to see how everyone's doing.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yeah man, people spend too much of their lives being small and serious and missing out...humor is what it's all about. I will definitely get all up to speed on the UFO'ness here this weekend. Thx for the link.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'll do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Welcome! Come to my paranormal and read all the experiences of members here; maybe we can convince you it's real!
Click on my signature below.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I accept that challenge...off I go

new topics

top topics

join