It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

member johnnychicken and his odd numbers of stars and WATS score

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
People actually watch and pay attention to those things?

I never even looked at my own 'stats' since I only care about the content of the conversations instead of considering this place as a place to compete.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There has to be a reasonable explanation:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

LOL, good one.

I love that part of the movie. Always wondered what it meant, now I know

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I started a thread some time ago that involved ATS crowdfunding a purchase of Detroit:

Let's buy Detroit!

The purchase of property within our new ATS Detroit would be done by "cashing in" Stars and Flags...

MAYBE it is a CONSPIRACY within ATS to become "greedy land owners" by hacking the stats...

Just sayin...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

FlyersFan
I"ve got a bunch of extra stars as well .....
If you want more, I'll share with you ....
Instead of 'share the wealth' .. I'll 'share the stars'

I feel like a star...and a doughnut. Could you give me one of your stars? ( I have doughnuts in the cupboard.)
Ms. Nugget

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

That'd work IF all the bling was worth a plugged nickle.

I've never seen a plugged nickle, though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
The NSA said they'd leave if we didn't give them all the things, I guess that included stars too

Just kidding, but we are aware and it'll be fixed at some point lol

It's already been "fixed" - just like the last election!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't get it.....

ATS doesn't allow members to be discussed yet here we are......(supermoderators and all)???

What's up?

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I'm more than willing to discuss myself until the cows come home on their own.

But, if anyone else wants to discuss me, well... they'd best be T&C compliant about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It's not the poster that's being discussed.
It's the situation with the stars and flags and wats and karma.
So it's okay.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's ironic to me, FF, that my personal stance on bling like this has been consistently negative. The truth is that many members value getting stars, flags and a high karma rating because of it. So, I won't press my personal dislike of it anymore since that opinion is in the minority.

That I seem to have so much suddenly because of a glitch sure put a fool's gold gloss all over my mini-profile. LOL

I'm sure it'll be fixed one day and returned to less than extra-stellar dues.

edit on 29/10/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

FlyersFan

It's not the poster that's being discussed.

I guess the thread title is a little misleading...Wouldn't "What's with some of these odd numbers of stars and WATS scores" been better?

@masqua

I see no reason why we should discuss you. This thread is about dubious amounts of stars and you hardly qualify as a subject for discussion in this thread.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Gee, thanks, mindcrime. Nice to know.

I won't discuss you either.

edit on 29/10/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm surprised people even look at that stuff anymore with this new format. Maybe its cuz I mostly use my phone now, but none of that stuff shows up on the mini-profile anymore, and its even hard to find on a full profile.

Hmm.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I really don't care bout how many stars someone has it was just weird to see thats all. Was my first time seeing so many numbers so I was curious as to why that happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My star count went up to 3 million at one point then down to over one million and now down to where it stands at the moment ( which is still way more than I had ) I never really cared all that much for numbers bar the Karma score, I was quite proud of that for some reason, it was in the 50's I think, so I just hope when they do fix it that they put it back to the way it was, yeah im a karma hog

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow a whole thread all about me!

I like to think the fact that a flying saucer zapped me 7 years ago has something to do with all these points that mysteriously appeared. There was a popular thread back then by a poster named Sleeper titled 'are extraterrestrials real? as real as the nose on your face' (and others). Before it got locked Sleeper made some predictions, one being a big event would take place May 25th 2006 (I had my experience the 27th). He also said the next wave of contact would be extremely personal and unique to the individual. My contact story is extremely personal. And unique, haven't ever heard of anyone else getting zapped by a ufo.(here's my mufon sighting report- www.ufocasebook.com... )

So I LIKE to think my honesty paid off from someone around here, I got all these points long after the site changed over, when someone gave me a star and flag. But it's probably just a bug. I don't care either way, having them i'm sure no one wants to give me more, but whatevs. I'm not a big poster, I just like to lurk.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Points are...

Pointless... Stars only matter if the following applies to you: O-7, O-8, O-9, or O-10...

Flags... Only if Dr. Sheldon Cooper thinks you are "fun" worthy...

As for Karma, Siddhartha doesn't recognize ATS as an arbiter thereof... So that's out too...

I find the scoring system to be more pomp than circumstance, and far from a reflection of what a member is capable of, or what their track record is... I'll judge post by post thank you very much...

My two nanners...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join