It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Mario 3D World is going to be Great!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hey Ats,

Check out this great trailer for "Super Mario 3D World" for Wii U

The game is beautiful!! I admit I was skeptical about this title, but I knew the creators would pull through. And they did just that!
Can't wait for this game to come out!

What do you guys think?
edit on 29-10-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It doesn't get any better than Mario!!! This has my name all over it. These series of games are what has kept me pretty much loyal to nintendo since the beginning. I had no idea this was coming, but now I have to grab my sharpie and calendar to start counting down. THIS is my COD and GTA.

ETA - It looks like they combined elements of Mario Galaxy, the original Mario game and Mario World. It didn't get any better than Galaxy 1 & 2 for me though.

Super excited about this.
edit on 10/29/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The Wii U needs this game. I played through the 3DS one and had a blast.

Hey why no 3DS Friend Code thread here? I'd make one but my posts are too low. Nothing I'd love more than to make some ats friends on that thing

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnychicken

dude what is with your stars and other stuff.... i know that can not be true. No way in hell.
edit on 10/29/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
HA! True?

At a site like this?

Seriously idk, someone out there likes me. Or knows I tell the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

It's a glitch. When the site changed over to the new format some members racked up millions of stars.

It didn't get everybody, but I think they are trying to fix it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Actually it happened well after the site changed, when someone gave me a star and flag (or whatever, i never log in when i come here).

On topic, I'm a little confused about this game. I thought it was just a remake of the game i played, but it looks totally new.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnychicken

its completely new, i honestly can't wait to get a wii u and this game.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Looks good. I don't have a Wii U or a Wii, but it definitely seems Nintendo has maintained the same quality in their games over the course of its existence. That can't be said with some other companies. Out of all the popular Mario titles that have come out since Super Mario 64 which one would you consider to be the most challenging? Would Super Mario 64 hold this title? Super Mario 64 is the only platforming Mario game I've played and boy did I play that one a lot as a kid. It certainly appears the newer titles are giving players more help to finish levels if they're struggling. This definitely wasn't the case with Super Mario 64, but I suppose making games more accessible has become a standard these days. I'm sure the new titles are still pretty challenging, but I would be surprised if they've gotten more difficult given the trend I mentioned.
edit on 29-10-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

They actually have gotten more difficult IMO and this is coming from someone who played the very first Mario game at a skating rink arcade decades ago.

As far as I am concerned Mario Galaxy was by far the hardest game in the series. There are options you can use if the levels are too difficult and you don't have to gather every single star to beat the game but using the help or not collecting all the stars is kind of like cheating to me so I don't do it. There was a level in Galaxy that took me weeks off and on of trying. I have never been so mad at a game in my life.

The 3D game play in that one fascinated me and made me nauseated at times. It blew my mind coming from the days of Pong.

The Mario Bros. Wii U was pretty challenging as well. Again, help is there if you need it. That title was the main reason I purchased the Wii U when I already had a Wii. Of course that is why they release titles like that.

If nothing else they seem to keep upping the ante and that makes it a little less painful to put out money for the product.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

SeriousIndividual
Looks good. I don't have a Wii U or a Wii, but it definitely seems Nintendo has maintained the same quality in their games over the course of its existence. That can't be said with some other companies. Out of all the popular Mario titles that have come out since Super Mario 64 which one would you consider to be the most challenging? Would Super Mario 64 hold this title? Super Mario 64 is the only platforming Mario game I've played and boy did I play that one a lot as a kid. It certainly appears the newer titles are giving players more help to finish levels if they're struggling. This definitely wasn't the case with Super Mario 64, but I suppose making games more accessible has become a standard these days. I'm sure the new titles are still pretty challenging, but I would be surprised if they've gotten more difficult given the trend I mentioned.
edit on 29-10-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I would encourage anyone who does not have a Wii U, to pick up Wii U with the Zelda Wind Waker HD. U get the Deluxe Wii U with a Zelda game for $299. As far as the best Mario Platformer, well I would say The Mario Galaxy series is pretty great, in fact ground breaking. If you pick up a Wii U, it is backwards compatible, so you can play Wii games. There are TONS of great Wii games that you can pick up used for next to nothing, and it also upscales them to 1080p HD.

The Wii U also has TVii, an app that makes TV very cool it can also replace your TV remote and control your entire entertainment center.. You can play almost all Wii U games on the TV or the Gamepad. If someone wants the TV with the tap of a button you can switch the game to gamepad only. here are some cool links that show off some cool features of Wii U.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

But best of all it plays games!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-10-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by kurthall

I would encourage anyone who does not have a Wii U, to pick up Wii U with the Zelda Wind Waker HD. U get the Deluxe Wii U with a Zelda game for $299. As far as the best Mario Platformer, well I would say The Mario Galaxy series is pretty great, in fact ground breaking. If you pick up a Wii U, it is backwards compatible, so you can play Wii games. There are TONS of great Wii games that you can pick up used for next to nothing, and it also upscales them to 1080p HD.

The Wii U also has TVii, an app that makes TV very cool it can also replace your TV remote and control your entire entertainment center.. You can play almost all Wii U games on the TV or the Gamepad. If someone wants the TV with the tap of a button you can switch the game to gamepad only. here are some cool links that show off some cool features of Wii U.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

But best of all it plays games!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

RIght!? Its a Fanastic system. Also it's getting some great games next year like Bayonetta 2 and X

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Looks awesome, but I wish they would bail on wii u and 3ds proprietary games. Not a fan of the U or 3ds, yet they keep releasing games i want to play for them proprietarily.

Its quite frustrating.

Seriously. Wii U sucks.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
Looks awesome, but I wish they would bail on wii u and 3ds proprietary games. Not a fan of the U or 3ds, yet they keep releasing games i want to play for them proprietarily.

Its quite frustrating.

Seriously. Wii U sucks.

What do you expect? Them to release on ps4 or something? Oboviously a mario game will be on a Nintendo system. RIght?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

I expect them to push tech before I support their software. It's like putting an all-star jockey on a freaking donkey. They expect people in this day and age to play 720p/30fps. GTFO Nintendo and their rip off hardware division. Their handheld division seperate, WiiU's utter failure should usher in the age of Nintendo being a software-only dev (like Sega).

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Casualboy100

captaintyinknots

Its quite frustrating.

Seriously. Wii U sucks.

What do you expect? Them to release on ps4 or something? Oboviously a mario game will be on a Nintendo system. RIght?
Im not talking about that. Im talking about platform specific. Only releasing something on the Wii U. Or the 3DS. and not across the entire Nintendo platform.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Really? The Wii U so far has the most 1080p/60fps games than ps4 and xbox one.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well it's a new system,so new games will release on it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why would Nintendo not make these games for the Wii U and 3DS they own the systems and the IPs. Clearly you do not have a Wii U, because it FAR from sucks. It blows my PS3 out of the water, the Internet browser is better than any I have used, Youtube is much better than on my PC or Smart TV. What is there to hate about it. It is backwards compatible with games and Wii Remotes, and if you do not like the gamepad you can use Wii remotes or the Pro-controller. so what is the problem?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join