It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. Kira (my Cat)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Warning: Be sure your windows are well secured by nets once you bring a kitty home. Don't waste any time. Eventually purchase a cat tree so they can vent their climbing needs. Also consider disturbing young pet with untouchable toys like laser pointer for a hunting game. There will be no solace in calling your family monkeys for opening a window while you were at work...

She was a kitty from the street hiding herself under my mom's car. A guy was trying to get her out of a garage and even whipped her with a rod. She stayed. Another mate knew I was waiting for some special cat so he gave me a call and I was giving her a bath few hours later.
It was love at first sight. In days she was able to bring us joy and happiness after years of frustration. Amazing and happy she was

Now, a month later she lies in a cold grave unable to move and play with her favorite toy left near her mouth. Her beautiful body decays, all things she learned as preparation for some good long life were useless. No more purring and falling asleep in my hair. I failed her trust for sure. If you saw that trust on vid from the day we met you would found it too sad to watch. Needless to say I'm weeping the eyes out of my head. It hit me surprisingly hard this time.

I feel it was not supposed to end like this. My mind is once again disturbed enough to question the meaning of this surreal cosmic game and creation of such beings. I'm feeling like a piece of poo so my mind is playing old clichés on me. I'm suspecting evil forces and feeding a little hope I can meet her in some way reincarnated one day. Whatever. I can see no real difference of human, animal, cat or dog soul, fear or love. Well maybe I like their ways even more than I like most double-wise monkeys. You know...

Have you ever heard of the cat bringing mice onto the grave of her dead human friend for 7 years?
Just in case there's also a piece of ape in me or something else shall make me forget in 7 years I'm making this memory.
Loving memory
edit on 27/10/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My condolences to you, I understand, and remember that you also brought her joy, love and security for her short existence upon this Earth.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

buster2010
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Sorry for your loss.

that was amazing. Author Unknown, whoever you are. Beautiful..

Oh OP... Feeling your pain reminds me of my own. Long passed but as recognisable as any other pain.

To some, they are just animals.. but to others, they are truely a spark in our heart..

You gave her some joy it seems, more than she'd have recieved without you. In that, you should find some comfort..

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I am so sorry!

So long as you remember, she will live with you forever. You were the friend she needed most in the right place at the right time, and that was what really mattered.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My condolences!

May I share with you the "Story of Nelson"?

Nelson and his brother "Twosie" were twin cats, that I refused to seperate ask kittens. Soon after we got the two of them, we discovered they had fleas! They couldn't have been more than 8-12 weeks old. The shelter we adopted them both from said they were found in a cardboard box on the side of the road, brought up here with fleas.

We flea-bombed and flea dipped the cats, and when they were old enough had both the male brothers neutered/declawed.

Nelson was never the same after that. He hid from everyone, no one could even get close enough to see him. His brother "Twosie" took care of him, and would clean him. Even still, Nelson hat huge matts of fur on his back.

Nelson would hide under the stairs in the garage in my home. I would go out each night and feed/change the water. He would "meow" the saddest, most depressing cries. I decided one night to sit down and try and repeat him. We went back and forth for about 5 minutes, and he stirred and came out to me.

Over time, I parroted back his cries and he allowed me to pet/pick him up.

I came home one day, and Nelson's brother Twosie (who was the "normal" tomcat) was breathing heavy and foaming at the mouth. I called, and took him to the Vet. It turned out he was having renal failure. It really wasn't surprising, as both him and Nelson were 15 years old.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do was look into one of my best friend's eyes and tell them it's OK, and that I'll take care of their mentally disturbed cat-brother. I'd like to think he understood.

Nelson ended up living for another FIVE years to almost 21 years old!

Cats can be amazing companions and teach us quite a lot about ourselves. It's never easy when we loose a friend though.

Look at shelter cats, my current kitty is a shelter cat and she's awesome!
edit on 27-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Animals are a big part of what makes life bearable for us humans. I have outlived all the animals that have been a part of my life so far and I have had to bear the pain of loosing them, but I will take that pain over and over again for the joy that has been mine, because it has been a privilege to share that part of my life with them.

I will take the pain of loss in trade for the joy.

Warm regards.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A POEM FOR THE GRIEVING...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die...

-Anonymous

r.i.p. Kira

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

We flea-bombed and flea dipped the cats, and when they were old enough had both the male brothers neutered/declawed.

You declawed a cat? Wtf is wrong with you? Cutting their balls off is bad enough but to remove their claws too? No wonder that cat hated you...
edit on 27-10-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am so sorry you lost your precious kitty. I have lost many beloved pets through the years. It is always sooooooo sad.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Wide-Eyes

You declawed a cat? Wtf is wrong with you? Cutting their balls off is bad enough but to remove their claws too? No wonder that cat hated you...

When a cat is declawed it is their front paws only. The cat can still use back claws to scratch or fight with. Millions of declawed cats go on like nothing has happened and have no issues whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your cat.

After you had her, did you take to the vet at all?

Do you know what the cause of her death was?

Beautiful cat.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Im so sorry for your loss.

My SO left our patio door open and our cat went on an adventure. We were wrecked about it, she took it the hardest though. She cried her eyes out, and I was very upset. I even took the day off to make flyers. Thankfully we found her. Im sorry thats not the case here where your cat is still alive.

Just remember the good time, and remember to breath.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Not always. Our third cat is a declawed Ragdoll named Teddy. We're his third owners. His first owners had him declawed ... one all four feet. I don't understand the practice, either, but it still happens. But I had never heard of anyone having it done on all four feet!

Poor Teddy Bear has been through two homes and he's barely 2. He's such a big sweetheart. The only problem is that because he's declawed, he does what all declawed cats do - he bites. And being a Ragdoll, he's huge and a slow to mature. So, we effectively have an overly rambunctious teenager in this house who's free with his teeth. He's a big sweetie most of the time, but you have to watch him because he doesn't yet know his own strength and can draw blood when he's playing and bites.

Thankfully, he burns a lot of time playing with our two older females cats and they do have claws, so they can easily put him in his place if he gets out of line.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Im so sorry. I take it your cat was an indoor cat? how did it die outside?

My cat is an indoor cat. Ive had her since she was 6 weeks olds and we are coming up on her 3rd birthday this week. Shes brought so much joy to mine and my wifes life. Im sorry for your loss

heres a picture of her.

edit on 28-10-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kindness and empathy.
Vet said she was ok (except fleas and parasites and I took care of them)
She fell down the balcony +-130 ft. I want to believe it was quick. That's why I wrote this warning. Cats have no fear, respect for heights and you have to carry them like children at that age.
Yes she was supposed to be indoor cat, but I was taking her out whenever it was possible - into other houses or just to be with me in a car. I was planning a great future for her. No molestation, neutering, declawing or vaccination. In case of problematic urge I would grant her one birth and then (if herbs couldn't help) I would start to think about neutering.
If those procedures are necessary for them to be pets then maybe they should remain free.
Sharing this was a good idea. I feel better. Just empty. Like a monk once said to horny woman: All heat is gone. I'm like an old tree growing on a cold rock ... in winter.

Now I have no patience with adding music to mp4 vid. Maybe later.
edit on 28/10/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Night Star

Wide-Eyes

When a cat is declawed it is their front paws only. The cat can still use back claws to scratch or fight with. Millions of declawed cats go on like nothing has happened and have no issues whatsoever.

actually declawing is ILLEGAL in Britain and the European Union Countries - France / Germany/ Spain / Italy etc etc etc

Why ?

It is the equivalent of chopping off your fingers - sure you may have your toes, but fingers gone ..

It is cruel cruel cruel - which is why it is a banned practice. apart from in the US [ for some reason]

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OP I am so sorry that your kitty died...
she was beautiful ... when you have a kitty shaped hole in your heart my advice, get another one .. you can help to heal your pain and save a kitty by giving him or her a lovely forever home ?
?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

get an aquarium if your land pets always meet misfortune...do yourself and animals a favor.

I should take this advice to heart myself.

reply to post by camaro68ss

your cat looks like it takes itself all too seriously

edit on 30-10-2013 by reject because: ugh

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Sure. Something is producing milions of these souls out there. However it's not like going to Kmart when you are out of butter. I had a couple of kittens for a trial at home before her but they couldn't care less of me so they went back to be happy with someone else. I advise you this way. If I wanted a piece of furniture I would really buy a leguan or something. Every soul is unique and precious. In human world when you are in love with someone you don't care the rest too. Also no pet will travel 1300 miles to find you just because you feed it:
pets-who-returned-home-remarkable-distances
I'm willing to walk few miles too rather than erase her from my memory and continue consuming life with another toy. This experience goes beyond daily perception. It's metaphysical. I'll try to meditate few weeks or months and keep feeding this specific inner cry. Soon or later the right soul will hear it and come. Wait for an update if you wish

top topics

<<   2 >>

join