It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Satellite, Out of Fuel, Will Plunge to Earth Next Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Searched ATS, no hits.

European Satellite, Out of Fuel, Will Plunge to Earth Next Month

A European gravity-mapping satellite has run out of fuel and will likely die a fiery death in Earth's atmosphere about two weeks from now, officials say.

So, take note ATS, in the event we get a rash of UFO sightings at the start of November. Unfortunately, they cannot accurately predict the reentry trajectory, yet.

"While most of the satellite will disintegrate in the atmosphere, some smaller parts are expected to reach Earth’s surface," ESA officials wrote in a mission update today (Oct. 23). "When and where these parts might land cannot yet be predicted, but the affected area will be narrowed down closer to the time of re-entry."

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

woogleuk
reply to post by Krakatoa

Already posted...here:

A danger called Goce

And here...

Doomed 'Ferrari of space' satellite to fall back to Earth -- somewhere ...

Well, I searched using the "wonderful" search engine, and like always it came up with diddly on this topic.

Sorry mods....kill the thread if you wish. < sheesh> < rolls eyes>

edit on 10/27/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sorry dude, I know the search is a pain in the arse.

Try searching for keywords rather than headline, in this case, a search for "GOCE" would have found the above threads.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yea, tried that before for other topics, and it still returns either crap, or hundreds of matches, none of which on the first X pages are even a close match.

My exasperation is not directed at you, please understand that. It is directed at the "new and improved" Samuru search tech that was thrust upon us like the ACA.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Krakatoa
reply to post by woogleuk

Yea, tried that before for other topics, and it still returns either crap, or hundreds of matches, none of which on the first X pages are even a close match.

My exasperation is not directed at you, please understand that. It is directed at the "new and improved" Samuru search tech that was thrust upon us like the ACA.

Here's what I do. Do your search in another tab under Google, only add site:www.abovetopsecret.com as an argument. For example " goce site:www.abovetopsecret.com "

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I put "GOCE" in the new search engine and it found both threads within the first 4 results. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the search engine.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

I put "GOCE" in the new search engine and it found both threads within the first 4 results. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the search engine.

OK, congratulations, you are a genius........ Can a Mod please nuke this thread already? No sense it keeping it open if it's offending so many people that it's a flippin duplicate.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The search engine requires having a keyword(s) that matches. Funny that way, isn't it.
edit on 10/27/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here all the info you need

www.satflare.com...

top topics

join