It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Barge - SF Bay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone in the Bay area scene this barge? Reportedly docked in the bay the barge is stacked with shipping containers 4 stories high. Google is supposedly behind it but they don't have a permit for it & it's all hush hush?

Is it a Noah's Ark type of thing a Google Ark if you will?

Massive Barge On San Francisco Bay Likely Secret Google Facility

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

It looks like it has a faraday cage built around it. Maybe they thought they could avoid property taxes? Their explanation doesn't make sense. It's a mobile mini-spy center.

edit on 26-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: I

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
dunno.
maybe they want to protect their data... make the nsa pay for it like everyone else they sell it to.

can the nsa serve a warrant on international waters?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Seems to me the last place you could start building a 4 story structure without a building permit would be San Francisco, CA?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There is no way you would be able to build on land without permits and multiple inspections while building anywhere in California but what if your building on the water - different story perhaps. Maybe that's why no permit can be found. The same codes wouldn't apply. A clever way to get around delays. More clutter to the Bay Area. It isn't the same as when I was a kid - don't even enjoy visiting anymore.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow that's odd check out my post from a few weeks ago--Waterfront Project Shrouded in Secrecy. We have one something similar here in Maine. They are very hush, hush about it though. I just thought it would make a great " bug out house"!

Oh ours didn't have any rumors about Google though, There have been none at all. It's almost like after that first story, no one even notices it!?
edit on 10/26/2013 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
thats crazy man there could be guns in there
edit on 10-26-2013 by breadinspector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

A prison ship? The new Alcatraz?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Be inspected or, ship out folks.
But we have no lawmakers with the moxy to press it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ohnoes

all my googles have floated away..

*waves at google*

seriously tho, I see no reason for them to build a water based data centre. They've got everything they need and no fear of thumbing their noses at authority. They are the internet.

Unless they're chasing the pirate bay... oO

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Dianec
There is no way you would be able to build on land without permits and multiple inspections while building anywhere in California but what if your building on the water - different story perhaps. Maybe that's why no permit can be found. The same codes wouldn't apply. A clever way to get around delays. More clutter to the Bay Area. It isn't the same as when I was a kid - don't even enjoy visiting anymore.

Well, if it were FL, the marine permits required would be in force on this. In that situation, it's almost impossible to get around. Those regulations are ironclad. Add to that the US Coastguard regs as well as maritime OSHA and you'd be shutdown before you even launched the barge to build it on. I can't believe they got this far in SF without permits or raising eyebrows. They know and are hiding the info for some reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I can't stop giggling a bit, forgive me. Of course it's not in the city, and you are right that nobody could sneak in a large cardboard box, let alone a building.

There is an awful lot of water all around here, you know. Bit famous for it. That's what that big golden bridge goes over. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be truly snarky. I'm just smiling.

Saw a sting-ad for the alleged news last night -- "who's behind this mystery four-story structure on the island? find out motr at 11!" so I figure it's probably not important after all.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It looks to me like they are building a wifi antenna on the ocean surface with a net for connecting Google Glasses back to the database built on the barges. And using water cooling on the data center from the ocean. The wifi portion is what I am confuse about though. Would it be effective spreading a net with censors over the ocean surface to create a wifi antenna?

I first thought this could be something to do with expanding the internet in Africa. But all the wifi guys involved it must be wifi experiment. Reminds me of the Philadelphia Experiment with radar.

www.google.com...

And also look at the related patents on the page. Also what the investors specialize in.

Seems like it might work as a wifi super antenna.

wvutoday.wvu.edu...
edit on 29-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

But the concealment effort surrounding the barge is in another league. Chain-link fences and security guards encircle a pier and a couple of nearby buildings on the island, which sits between San Francisco and Oakland.

A California state inspector, who said he had business in the hangar-like Building 3 where some of the early construction took place, told Reuters he had to surrender his mobile phone and sign a confidentiality agreement in order to enter.

Bob Jessup, a construction company superintendent who works in a building across the street, said Google spent the past year working on the project. He said they fenced off a wide area and brought in at least 40 welders a day, who worked around the clock and refused to say a word.

"They wouldn't give up any of the information," Jessup said. "It was a phenomenal production. None of them would tell us anything."

He said they worked on the inside and the outside of the shipping containers, outfitting them with electronics - "very hush hush" - and then loaded them onto the barge with a crane. They put sides on the containers, with glass windows in some of them. They had to weld them very precisely so they could stack, Jessup recounted.

They are really going to a lot of trouble to keep it under wraps. I dont think it is a new retail outlet for them like some have suggested in the artcle linked below, I mean who wants to go shopping on a barge?

link

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Modern day pirate radio!
Outside the law, beyond peoples touch..
Instead of pumping out the airwaves, its listening to em!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Look a wearable computer...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am having a lot of trouble trying to find any evidence to support this claim, but I do believe that the Google Barge may in fact be Google's Quantum Computing Center... Perhaps it is where they will keep the worlds first Quantum Servers... I'm looking into this as best I can, but I really don't know where to go with it. I'm hoping that this post will catch the attention of someone here with better researching skills!! But that's my theory right now... I think they are using these barges for some seriously high end research...

On October 11, Google put out this vid...

That would explain the insane amount of secrecy....

Any thoughts??
edit on 30-10-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Great video Polly.

IS there possibly another thread on this google barge dealio? i cant find one...was really hoping for some more info on it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Small proof of concept wave-powered data center, which they patented a few years ago. They have to show that the structure MUST be on water in order to have the permits, and wave-powered pretty much covers that. Way too small to be any kind of real data center, and from what I've seen, the alleged news is really just following some Google PR stream to build up the brand. When they say "What is this big mystery? Find out at 11!" it can't be so important.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's a list of links to CBS San Francisco's Google Barge coverage.

To me, the most interesting one is the the one they had up yesterday on Drudge.

We have found at least three barges, two with container structures on them, all marked with the letters “BAL” followed by four numbers. The two barges located at Treasure Island are identified as BAL0010 and BAL0001. A similar barge in Portland, Maine is identified as BAL0011.

This is from that story.

A document provided to KPIX 5 by the Treasure Island Development Authority confirms a tenant of Hangar 3, which sits directly across from the barges, is called By and Large or BAL. Three other tenants lease space at the hangar.

Now in the link Drudge has today, a source says that the top three decks of this barge structure are going to be outfitted with high end suites for wining and dining Google customers?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join