It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As most of you have probably seen by now, National Geographic is airing a 2 hour movie/docudrama about what would/will happen if the grid went down in the states.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

It feels like crazy timing with all that is going on in the world.. CME's/potential grid problems/shutdown etc.

The tinfoil hat nut in me feels like it is ominous foreshadowing and maybe even a warning to prepare for real right now.

Then again, maybe it is just a ratings grab to go along with the "prepper" programming that has been shoved down our throats as of late.

Either way.. it just feels odd for the timing.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
S&F
Yea, between Nov 1 & Nov 17/18 would especially be unbelievable timing for a natural knockout of the grid!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

chanel 4 [ UK ] did a single episode show with a near identical premise - a 5 day failure of the UK national grid - this was about 2 months ago

this upcoming American version is neither new , original or portentous

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Strange things happen.

Quit a few old TV shows, movies and some documentaries have become real in some sense.

The timing of this new TV documentary is suspect.

Apparently there's some kind of power grid drill set to happen mid November !!!

The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are getting ready for a massive 'Preparedness Drill' that will simulate a power grid attack and shutdown !!!

This will take place November 13 – 14, 2013 (unless Obama has a 'reason' to delay it !) [Ha Ha]

The story warns that in the event of a major power shutdown, you will 'be on your own' and government will be limited on what they can do for you !!

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

Too many *Coincidences* if you ask me

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Interesting, and no I did not know about National Geo show, will try to find it. I think that there is something going on and have been warning my family for a few months on a hunch. The sad thing is that so few of us could possibly be prepared in the middle of winter for the grid going down. It will be tragic for sure. Could you give us some bullet points from the show?

Thanks for the heads up, you always seem to bring us the good stuff.

Edit to say I went to your link in the OP and see it will be aired on Oct. 27th, I will be watching.
edit on 25-10-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

antar

Interesting, and no I did not know about National Geo show, will try to find it. I think that there is something going on and have been warning my family for a few months on a hunch. The sad thing is that so few of us could possibly be prepared in the middle of winter for the grid going down. It will be tragic for sure. Could you give us some bullet points from the show?

Thanks for the heads up, you always seem to bring us the good stuff.

No bullet points from the show yet as it will be airing for the first time this Sunday night. The website I linked has all the info about it though.. and there is quite alot there.

You are quite correct.. power going out for the masses would really hit hard during winter.. I could not imagine that in all honesty.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I remember during the last big power outage from an Ice storm back in 07 I think it was, hearing stories from the community and how people survived, some of the stories would curl your hair. One man I know would stay in a big sleeping bag in his closet from sunset to sun rise and then walk downtown to hang out in stores and cafes or friends. He chose to do that! Other people said that they used candles to stay warm and just bundled up, one couple did this with children... Well, people do not want to go to shelters, this much I discovered even though I encouraged a sister in law to do so back then, she would call me constantly telling me how awful the red cross shelter was from no entertainment to controlling people, the terrible food and lack of any semblance of privacy or independence.

I worry about the elderly, my grandparents were really uncontrollable, they actually chose to stay put in home rather than coming to our home which was warm and safe. They were strong willed and said they would rather die at home and wait for the power to come back on than to leave their home to vandals. They did ok, had a fireplace, and camp gear, but man if they were not an indication of how people die in that situation I cant imagine a better example.

One weird thing I have to say about that 10 day period without power is that the National guard went to my ex in laws at least 2 times maybe 3 to check on them, give them food, water anything they needed, but we never saw them in our neighborhood at all and the clincher is that my in laws lost their power for about 45 minutes whereas we lost ours for 10 freezing days.

There is so much to learn from others and how they did things but it is really shocking to hear the truth from people who were just not prepared and that trusted the power to come back on in a short time frame rather than the 10 to 14 days it was actually off.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh for sure, in this day and age people just expect the power to come back soon.

One day, maybe it wont for awhile.

It goes beyond food and water, think about the people who rely on daily medication and what happens when those prescriptions can't be filled anymore.

We are so dependent on technology and easy accessible supplies.

It is a sobering thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yep. - I first saw the trailer a few weeks ago and thought it was a coincidence; coincided with the National test of the power grid and all. But even still, it does look pretty good, and it's a great idea for a movie.

The previews have been nothing short of compelling to say the least. And plus, it draws attention to a real possible scenario. - That if the entire grid was knocked out for days, weeks, months, on end... what would you do? what would everybody else do? what other kind of crazy s*** would happen? Etc.

Anyway,
thanks for posting, OP.
- S&F.

I was thinking that somebody should create a thread about this, just because it looks cool. I'm going to watch it and hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

PLEASE . . . those with access to high level grid execs . . . query them in wise sentences which would be hard for them to dodge. Multiple sources close to such folks are saying they are SUPER SERIOUS SPOOKED--for real. Yet they refuse to discuss it.

Given ATS's membership--there must be dozens of people with such access and maybe even many such in our membership--who'd be suicidal to say anything directly on ATS. But it may be possible to cleverly ferret out at least some degree of confirmation on the issue--if not some vague timeline. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY and do what you can to find out. I have some queries out but nothing back yet.

I think I posted this on another ATS thread, received by email:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maurice usually sends stuff out by email that he can take months to get on his website:

PRAYER ALERT

PRAYER ALERT! The LORD spoke to me in prayer tonight to alert the intercessors concerning an imminent threat to our electrical systems in America.

THIS IS SERIOUS! Fast and pray to stop this terrible terrorist attack on our power grids! I saw a vision of the East Coast of America completely blacked out, and with no way to restore the power. I am not sure whether it involves an EMP bombing attack or some other means of killing our electrical systems. But to me, it looked like a nuclear device was detonated in the upper atmosphere over the East Coast, in this vision, and just knocked out all the power.

I believe that the LORD showed me this in order to stop it. We have authority, Body of Messiah, to pray in Yeshua's Name and stop this terrible evil! THIS IS FOR REAL AND SERIOUS! Please cry out to the LORD for mercy, as we are vulnerable and a sitting duck unless the angels intervene! God have mercy on us! It was such a scary vision...and a VERY STERN warning from the LORD.

Blessings,

Maurice Sklar

Maurice Sklar Ministries . 12127 Mall Boulevard . A440 . Victorville, CA 92392
[email protected]

www.mauricesklar.com

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The show Revolution is about this exact premise, check it out

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

BO XIAN

PLEASE . . . those with access to high level grid execs . . . query them in wise sentences which would be hard for them to dodge. Multiple sources close to such folks are saying they are SUPER SERIOUS SPOOKED--for real. Yet they refuse to discuss it.

Given ATS's membership--there must be dozens of people with such access and maybe even many such in our membership--who'd be suicidal to say anything directly on ATS. But it may be possible to cleverly ferret out at least some degree of confirmation on the issue--if not some vague timeline. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY and do what you can to find out. I have some queries out but nothing back yet.

I think I posted this on another ATS thread, received by email:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maurice usually sends stuff out by email that he can take months to get on his website:

PRAYER ALERT

PRAYER ALERT! The LORD spoke to me in prayer tonight to alert the intercessors concerning an imminent threat to our electrical systems in America.

THIS IS SERIOUS! Fast and pray to stop this terrible terrorist attack on our power grids! I saw a vision of the East Coast of America completely blacked out, and with no way to restore the power. I am not sure whether it involves an EMP bombing attack or some other means of killing our electrical systems. But to me, it looked like a nuclear device was detonated in the upper atmosphere over the East Coast, in this vision, and just knocked out all the power.

I believe that the LORD showed me this in order to stop it. We have authority, Body of Messiah, to pray in Yeshua's Name and stop this terrible evil! THIS IS FOR REAL AND SERIOUS! Please cry out to the LORD for mercy, as we are vulnerable and a sitting duck unless the angels intervene! God have mercy on us! It was such a scary vision...and a VERY STERN warning from the LORD.

Blessings,

Maurice Sklar

Maurice Sklar Ministries . 12127 Mall Boulevard . A440 . Victorville, CA 92392
[email protected]

www.mauricesklar.com

I mean no offense to you, but your external quote made me laugh. THIS IS FOR REAL AND SERIOUS!

I hope I'm wrong, but for years this keeps coming up. In my opinion yes, humanity is at a rock and a hard place on how to move forward to sustain the species while trying to maintain a comfortable lifestyle as they know it, and not destroy (or be a terminal parasite) to their "mother" planet Earth.

If a false flag were needed to kick the can further and maintain the status quo while the rats bail ship it could be this scenario or who knows what else.

Let's say something were detonated over the East coast like your OP quote says, or something else that otherwise leads to electrical grid brownouts... then what is the long term outcome(s) besides no electricity for the affected areas?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

i saw the show as well. no comspiracy here....old news

here
edit on 26-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
reply to post by ignorant_ape

i saw the show as well. no comspiracy here....old news

here
edit on 26-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

The difference here is we have never aired anything of this nature in this country.

We have had announcements by various officials telling us that our grid infrastructure is ripe for a crisis right now.

The UK show was about a "cyber attack", I do not think this one is, of course it may be touched on as one of the causes in the beginning.

Trust me, I would rather not have anything happen to our power grid.. but this IS a conspiracy site, we are here to question EVERYTHING.
edit on 26-10-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

it was also about a complete breakdown of the grid with ho power or cell phones etc

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

scotsdavy1

it was also about a complete breakdown of the grid with ho power or cell phones etc

Yeah I watched it last night.

Interested to see the parallels between the two.

CX

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As someone has already said, we have had this kind of documentary in the UK a couple of months back.....

Blackout

Not too bad a watch.....

CX.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I've sometimes wondered . . . if God periodically reboots the earth . . . taking the surviving humans back to basic farming levels and hand tools . . . or maybe even more basic . . . hunter gatherers.

It seems to me that EVERYTHING is grist for the mill of learning

RELATIONSHIPS AND FOUNDATIONAL ETERNAL GODLY VALUES.

Everything else is details serving those priorities.

In terms of this era . . . Armageddon will be a muti-millenia fulcrum point. Many things leading up to the literal Armageddon will be new levels of evil and devastation never seen before and not to be seen after ever again.

And after Armageddon . . . it's hard to imagine what a thousand years of perfect peace under THE KING OF KINGS; PRINCE OF PEACE will be like.

I know it won't be boring . . . it will be fun and glorious . . . for those who Love God. Seriously evil doers will be removed from the planet . . . if not all evil doers.

Should be very interesting.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Funny enough i dont think a 1 week or two week black out would do any harm or it could show your locals true colours.

3 years ago were i lived in kent some jerk wads tried to steal the metel out of a substation.... we had a 5 day black out. It was a pain in the bum but we all adapted pretty fast and banded togther.

Though i guess USA will be difftrent as you dont tend to do that banding together and just go strate to the looting and coas!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

crazyewok
Funny enough i dont think a 1 week or two week black out would do any harm or it could show your locals true colours.

3 years ago were i lived in kent some jerk wads tried to steal the metel out of a substation.... we had a 5 day black out. It was a pain in the bum but we all adapted pretty fast and banded togther.

Though i guess USA will be difftrent as you dont tend to do that banding together and just go strate to the looting and coas!

It does not become an issue of "life and death" until the water stops flowing out of your pipes. 3 days of that and you will see humanity decline into states you do not want to imagine.

A 2 week blackout everywhere, not localized, would be anarchy. No matter if you think your community bands together well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join