It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange purchase from DOD after shutdown - $87 Million for Spraying Devices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
After the shutdown I browsed the new awarded contracts by DOD and I came across this purchase. I'm not saying there's absolutely something sinister about it. I wanted to open dialogue on what this could be for? It seems strange to me because the company they hired I did some digging on. I even put a call in. They focus on spraying tanks for "agriculture" which a lot of times = pesticides, chemicals. This DOD contract specifies that it's for the use of our armed forces. It seems $87 million buys you a LOT of spraying tanks. So what could this be for? This could be a piece of the puzzle solidifying that they are spraying our cities from above or there could be an explanation. I can't seem to find one and the company said their contract details are classified. I've also included a screenshot of the companies webpage. Thoughts?

Summary of Purchase in photos below:

Source: DOD Website New Contracts Page

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Interesting find. Sorry I don't have anything to add but S&F for spotting it and posting it here for further investigation, I'm sure lots of info and opinions will flow

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Thank you! I'm really interested in what everyone thinks.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck

There is a actual use for these spray tanks. When the military is in the field, you have to go somewhere.Wwe called them slit trenches and other terms that T&C forbids. We used spray tanks for our field hygiene by spraying disinfectant or pesticides over the trenches.

But there are other uses for then as well. Such as spraying gasoline on piles of corpses.

When you think about it, both do the same thing. Prevent disease. I know, that's a nasty line of thought, but it's true.

But I do have to wonder....millions? Wow! They aren't that expensive.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here you go there products page...

www.sprayingdevices.com...

And here is what those sprayers are for,,,

Spraying Devices Inc. builds quality sprayers and associated spraying equipment that helps to manage and enhance the appearance of golf courses, commercial and residential landscapes, roadsides, agriculture and protect the public's health worldwide. Please review the products offered to find the sprayer that best fits your needs.

edit on 25-10-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hopefully they are finally going to douse the poppy fields in afghanistan as the troop's withdraw but I hope it is not the other option of weaponised aerosol devices to depopulate urban centres wage war against civilians as whomever give's such an order no matter how long or thourough there murder will eventually be cought and shot.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

There you go, obviously for use on the DOD's golf courses.

Or perhaps they are going to use them for spraying corpses when ISON hits?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Hopefully they are finally going to douse the poppy fields in afghanistan as the troop's withdraw but I hope it is not the other option of weaponised aerosol devices to depopulate urban centres wage war against civilians as whomever give's such an order no matter how long or thourough there murder will eventually be cought and shot.

I doubt these sprayers will get out of the US, so unless they are growing poppies on military bases and golf courses you won't see this anywhere near there.

And it won't be used to depopulate anything but weeds.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

IMO, there's no way an agricultural sprayer can be use in an aircraft application. The engineering constraints are wildly different.

As for use in a weapon? I really doubt that. The spraying equipment isn't very strong/rigid. They use a lot of plain PVC for corrosion resistance and ease of clean-up.

Probably for applying Roundup around bases.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Weed control on base, especially a base with aircraft, is vital. If the grass gets too thick, you get lots of bugs. You get lots of bugs, you get lots of birds to eat them.

Birds + aircraft = disaster

The only sure way to control them is control the weeds.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There was a recent thread on military acquisitions that included a very large number of items related to biological and chemical warfare - masks, sensors, suits. etc. Also a good number of items for basic personnel use such as cots, blankets, pillows, MREs.
The OP was familiar having worked in that department and stated that in their opinion these were purchases that would preclude a 3 month deployment.
I think we can cross Syria off the list, Iran on the other hand is being demonized for "having the bomb" within months. (how many times have we heard that before?). Africa and North Korea are both potential hotspots. The conspiracy-minded will probably say it's for use in the CONUS.

I'm going with the last explanation due to the fact that A) we can't afford to start a new war anywhere, let alone finish in Afghanistan and B) recent firings of top brass by the Obama administration are speculated to be in response to fire on Americans. The poor state of our economy, the restlessness domestically and lack of any signs of improvement point towards worsening conditions in the US.

If they were to use these sprayers for defoliation that tells me they're clearing kill zones around installations - something you would only do if you were expecting to be attacked.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Some great replies from everyone in the thread. Appreciate your input on the info.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

LABTECH767

When was the last time they did that again?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

All bases with aircraft are required to havea wildlife control plan. This includes keeping the grass near the runway short through either mowing, which requires every couple weeks, or chemical means.

I believe it was Elmendorf in Alaska that failed to do this around 1995, and killed 24 crew members when their E-3 collided with a flock of geese on takeoff and crashed.

As for the chemical gear, do you know how much was "lost" in Iraq and Afghanistan? Its usually one of the first things a soldier "misplaces".

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Think decontamination of millions of people that will be herded into the camps.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
Here you go there products page...

www.sprayingdevices.com...

And here is what those sprayers are for,,,

Spraying Devices Inc. builds quality sprayers and associated spraying equipment that helps to manage and enhance the appearance of golf courses, commercial and residential landscapes, roadsides, agriculture and protect the public's health worldwide. Please review the products offered to find the sprayer that best fits your needs.

edit on 25-10-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

hahaha.... so now the DOD is in the pest and weed control business eh?

That's too damn funny....

At some DoD installations, pest control services are among the many types of facilities services acquired via contracts. Services such as trash removal and lawn care are routinely accomplished by contract. Pest control is not always one of the most expensive components of installation contracting, but it is usually one of the most environmentally sensitive programs. The GPWS, Enclosure (1)(gpws.exe), is in a standard DoD format that can be tailored to obtain pest control services via any of the following contract vehicles:

ARMED FORCES PEST MANAGEMENT BOARD

TECHNICAL INFORMATION MEMORANDUM NO. 39

GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING
DoD PEST CONTROL CONTRACTS
USING INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

The DOD contracts that stuff out to civilian companies...

edit on 25-10-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Yes they are. At least if they want to keep planes flying and not crashing.

They don't contract it out at every base. At Hickam there were some military and some civilian personnel that kept the grass trimmed.
edit on 10/25/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So... the DOD needs $87 million worth of sprayers to keep the weeds down? I ain't buying what you're selling buddy... good try though.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Wouldn't airbases have this equipment already? Why would there be a need for 80+ million dollars of this equipment all of a sudden?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I have no idea how much equipment is "lost" overseas but I would suspect more than a couple of billion$ annually. Most of it probably sold on the sly. Or filed for requisition to replace something that just doesn't suit.

Kinda irrelevant to this thread though. I doubt they would need $80 million in spraying equipment as replacements for present ops. Thus the implication that something new is on the horizon. But what is the question du jour (and this is a conspiracy site after all so I'll keep on guesstimatingcogitatingtheorizingconspirasizing) .

Besides, it's more fun than finding common sense solutions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join