It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Prove Roma Couple Are Mystery Girl's Parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Test Prove Roma Couple Are Mystery Girl's Parents

DNA tests have confirmed that a Bulgarian Roma couple are the parents of a mysterious girl in Greece known as Maria, authorities said Friday. Genetic profiles of Sasha Ruseva and her husband, Atanas, matched that of the girl, said Svetlozar Lazarov, an Interior Ministry official. Ruseva has said she gave birth to a baby girl four years ago in Greece while working as an olive picker, and gave the child away because she was too poor to care for her. Maria has been placed in temporary care since last week after authorities raided a Roma settlement in central Greece and later discovered that girl was not the child of a Greek Roma couple she was living with. The couple has been arrested, and who have been charged for allegedly abducting Maria and document fraud.

I guess the biological mother, wont get her back. If she wants her, that is.

"Now that they're in prison there's not much they can do," their lawyer, Costas Katsavos, said. "But provided what we said is borne out, that it was not an abduction, then logically they will be released from prison and they will be able to enter a proper (adoption) process ... They truly and ardently want her back."

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thankfully, it wasn't child trafficking. As far as we know. And the girl is safe. I'm sure she will be looked after and whoever, the couple that had her or anyone else who wants her, will have to go through the proper procedures to care and love for her.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Alright Europe...

How f-ing prejudice can you get against the Roma.

Taking their children because no way they can have blond genetics.... And they must all be child kidnapping monsters...

America had a similar problem with blaming crimes that never happened or did but automatic blame would fall on black males, equally despicable .
edit on 25-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

Well it seems as though the Greek couple who has been looking after her, want her back.

They didn't adopt her properly, and I think they should be given that option.

My opinion of course after only reading this article and another when this first happened.

-nat

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I agree, They should and if I read correctly, they will be able to get her back. Of course, they have to go through the proper adoption methods of procedure.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What happened to the report of numerous birth certificates they found with them, a bunch in a years time?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by benrl

What happened to the report of numerous birth certificates they found with them, a bunch in a years time?

You might find that in any migrant workers home, anyone with questionable citizenship might attempt some fraud.

Doesn't mean they are kidnapping children and selling them into slavery, as most of the stories and responses where quick to try and claim.

in portland there is a large Roma population, my neighbours are Roma. You know what I see in them? Hard working immigrants in line with Americas history of hard working immigrants coming to make a life for themselves.

They have 7 kids, all blond haired blued eyed, and heres the thing everyone of them kids is out hustling and working. From the littlest to the oldest Ive never seen such work ethic, their Father owns a construction business.

I see a work ethic in them thats woefully lacking in our domestic youth culture, Ive had long talks with the father, couldn't be a nicer man, he cares about his children as much as anyone else.

I wont deny there is a shisty hustler aspect to his personality, but I feel that comes from having to fight his whole life to get his share of the american dream.

Most of all they are just humans trying to survive hard times, just like the rest of us.
edit on 25-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

According the news here, they interviewed neighbours of this roma couple and they told mother of this child Ruseva had told them that she sold her to middleman and got 250 Euros and the middleman accordinly got 1000 euros from selling her to this couple where she was found from.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Their still investigating. But it seems, a lot of people are declaring birth, in multiple countries to get more benefits.

The Associated Press reports. Allegations of fraud by families declaring birth in multiple regions to collect more benefits have been revived in the wake of the media frenzy surrounding the mystery blonde girl, named Maria. Police say that the Roma couple accused of kidnapping Maria were receiving $3,420 a month in benefits from different cities, even though 10 of the 14 children they had registered were nowhere to be found. Read more: world.time.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I wouldn't doubt it. It's a sad state of affairs, When children are juggled around. I'm still surfin through articles to find updates.

Thanks for the info.

top topics

join