It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Rush Through Some Immigration Reform And Screw That Up Also

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What do you say folks, should we rush this one through, and before Americans even know what hit them? Just look at what the Obamacare rush job got us. Yeah, "pass it to find out what's in it".

Our country hasn't even had a chance to be thoroughly knocked to its knees yet by Obamacare, so lets throw another whopper at it. You know the ol one two punch? If Obama truly isn't purposely trying to destroy the US, then he is one lucky moron.

President Barack Obama made a plea for Republican cooperation on immigration Thursday, seeking common ground by year's end in the aftermath of the divisive partial government shutdown. Yet prospects for success this year remain a long shot even as a handful of House GOP lawmakers push for more limited measures.

Home> Politics Obama Calls for Immigration Law by End of the Year

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sometimes you have to deal with the world you are in, not the one you would like.

Immigration is one such issue, something needs to be done, deporting the migrant population is frankly not an option.

Ideally the first step is plug the holes before you start working on anything else, but as with anything they try to do it will be a mess.

It will cost us far more than we can afford, and it will be implemented with the grace and decorum of a rhino In a china shop.

What's the answer? I have no clue, I just know no matter what's done they will screw it up royally.

Immigration is like the deficit, everyone talks about it, but no ones doing anything productive about it.
edit on 25-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

By those standards we should stop prosecuting drunk driving, spousal abuse, child abuse as well as any drug-related crimes. After all, it's so commonplace we will never change it. Why bother?

The day we started selectively enforcing the law was the day the law became a tool for some special interest rather than as the foundation for society.

It may seem impractical even impossible to enforce the laws on immigration.
Yet failure to do so will force our country to pay a heavy price, far heavier than at least attempting to remedy the issue.

They don't sneak in to the US because they're hiding college diplomas.
Most don't even have a HS diploma.
This affects their earnings and in turn what is taken from you to pay for social programs and increased use off all government services as well as infrastructure.

I hope you have deep pockets because it will cost tens if not hundreds of billions more each year.

Eta: If the US were running huge surpluses and we weren't all running our households on a shoestring because the government can't stop spending our money for us I would say "fine, welcome to the US! - I hope the American dream will happen for you". The real world is telling us we're broke, this is an economic issue first and until it no longer is cannot become a humanitarian or any other kind of issue.

Usually I'm in agreement with you Benrl, have you seen the real numbers on what this costs the US every year?
Respects,
ATA
edit on 25-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

edit on 25-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There is such a thing as gradual change. You know, maybe lock our borders down, FIRST. Then add on new reform, piece by piece. We do not need a shock to our system that will knock our economy flat on its face. Especially since we are presently dealing with the biggest economy drain (Obamacare) ever realized in our country.

I keep saying this, but the loss of jobs will hit African Americans the hardest.

You are correct in saying that nothing is ever done about it. We are still waiting for our borders to be sealed after how many years of whining? Obama seems to be doing the opposite of what the people of this country wants. He is pretending like the borders don't exist. I really don't think we are going to get a proper reform while Obama is in office.

edit on 25-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

That is exactly what I'm saying start by plugging the holes, not reforming the whole system.

It's like healthcare, start small, not giant government over reach.

They are incapable of that kind of thinking, the two sides seem to be.

Kick them all out (cripples the economy and makes lettuce cost 40 dollar a head)

Or grant them citizenship (which cripples the economy and overwhelms social services )

They only know one way of doing things and it seems to be the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

OMG not again! Really? We are gonna do this retarded crap again? This is not legislation this is what the retard in the white house wants to force upon the American people. There's no legislating going on. Only take it or Ill hold you hostage, wtf? It's like a whole new form of dictatorship.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: tap water

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Pimpintology
reply to post by elouina

OMG not again! Really? We are gonna do this retarded crap again? This is not legislation this is what the retard in the white house wants to force upon the American people. There's no legislating going on. Only take it or Ill hold you hostage, wtf? It's like a whole new form of dictatorship.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: tap water

Speaking of being held hostage... A dem representative wants Obama to halt all deportations as punishment until reform is passed. I am soo sick of this childishness!

top topics

join