It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many feel they fit into ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Has been interesting reading answers! Surprised myself how I reacted to a few.

I suppose I don't really think overly much about fitting in or not, so it's a question I find difficult to answer exactly.

I read more than I post, and don't mostly come to ATS with the intention of meeting persons who 'fit' with me. Mostly I'm here to try to learn to understand other people, particularly people I disagree with. I've had a few sudden leaps in understanding in those areas, and I'm much more awesomely better read because of ATS.

I imagine I come across as a bit of a jerkface at times though ahahaha. I mean when you talk to persons you disagree with a lot it raises the chances of dislike by a billion or so. It's especially frustrating when I want to ask a lot of questions but forums aren't the best medium for that.

I suppose I think I don't post enough to fit or not fit in for most people. Also I think when I do post I can be a little unpredictable. I'm like the Atheist that believes in Jesus. No one wants to fit in with that person.

edit on 25-10-2013 by Pinke because: Last bit

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Nope. Then again, I don't fit in anywhere. I never have and I probably never will. I don't like most people.

I come here for the occasional interesting story, but to be honeet, I find most of the members here to be paranoid and weird.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Hey RAY...whaddya say? (lol)
Very nice to meet you!!

I like to think that I fit in just fine here. This is the only place where I can find people who are interested in discussing the topics that I am interested in. People out there...in the real world....they are too obsessed with their stuff. Here, we care about the world, the universe...and beyond!

There are SO many people here that I just adore...I consider them friends, even though they probably don't know me, lol. I have never believed in 'acting' a certain way to fit in anywhere....I think it's much better to just 'be' yourself.
Nice idea for a thread. S&F for you friend!
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Beast Of Gevaudan
reply to post by RAY1990

Nope. Then again, I don't fit in anywhere. I never have and I probably never will. I don't like most people.

I come here for the occasional interesting story, but to be honeet, I find most of the members here to be paranoid and weird.

Just out of interesthow many of the almost 300,000
members do you know ?

I personally find the huge majority that I have
come across to be intelligent and witty individuals

Cody

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hey Cody,
One person's 'paranoid and weird' is another person's 'intelligent and witty'....lol!
It's all about perspective.

jacygirl

P.S. Nice to see you today, you snail-eating weirdo!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by RAY1990

This is the only place where I can find people who are interested in discussing the topics that I am interested in.

I'm stealing your reply if this question ever comes up again.

kthxbai.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Pinke

jacygirl
reply to post by RAY1990

This is the only place where I can find people who are interested in discussing the topics that I am interested in.

I'm stealing your reply if this question ever comes up again.

kthxbai.

Hey Pinke....Aww geez thank you, much appreciated!
I was expecting the 'grammar nazis' to torch me for using the word 'interested' twice in the same sentence, lol!
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I have no idea if I 'fit in' or not. I figure I'll just keep keyboarding and posting.
If I don't fit in, then one of the mods will ban me or something. So far I'm still here ....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

jacygirl
I was expecting the 'grammar nazis' to torch me

I type english like a handicapped sea otter. Is not so much that they *have* to get through me first to torch you but it's more that they really really really should get through me first or they're lowering their standards.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

FlyersFan

I have no idea if I 'fit in' or not. I figure I'll just keep keyboarding and posting.
If I don't fit in, then one of the mods will ban me or something. So far I'm still here ....

FlyersFan! You absolutely fit in here! You are one of the writers that I ALWAYS read! I am a big fan, lol!

Pinke....'handicapped sea otter'...lmao....just spit coffee all over my keyboard!

jacygirl

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So many thoughtful replies
I'm ashamed to say I don't have time to reply to them all.

I'm gathering many people have issues if you can call it that fitting here at ATS while others have grown past that stage and just go out on a whim with their thoughts and feelings. I certainly have felt that learning curve with my time here on this site.

I can also honestly say I have learned a ton about myself, others and the world around me because of the members here, for that I am thankful.

It's really worth putting the effort in to just say what you feel and get out their so to speak on this site. The amount of times in my early days here where I would literally be debating with myself should I or should I not hit the reply button on my post was kinda atrocious.

Just do it
ATS members 9 times out of 10 are a friendly bunch whether you disagree or agree, thanks for making me so welcome over the past 2 years and filling my days with humour, entertainment, sadness and happiness plus everything in between.

I'll take the time when I have it to reply to everyone in this thread, cheers y'all have made my day. Keep up the good work making people feel welcome and denying the ignorance in this world.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ATS is the premier place for writers/scriptwriters, to find "off the wall" inspiration and ideas for projects that don't fit in mainstream platforms.

The concepts in some threads are so fantastic; that it would be a crime not to use this information in a creative manner. I hope my participation in these types of threads also adds to the mix.

That's the ATS neich I find myself. In the community of the creative.

The political mud pit has became just a fun place to exchange barbs with those of different ideologies.
Remember when it was called the "Mud Pit"? Those were the days....
edit on 25-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I was terrified to post at first. Posting my first thread almost gave me a panic attack because the content is so amazing, so many incredible contributors, I didn't know if I would be able to fit in. Luckily I did!

We all find our niche somewhere here, I have developed incredible friendships, some that I would even call family. I've been ripped to shreds and I've been supported at different times on different topics, but ATS is a community I definitely feel comfortable being a part of and has taken me through some of the worst times in my life from the moment I registered and still to this day.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan

I enjoy and appreciate engaging you in discourse, I hope that never happens.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I dunno I think I have. My star to post counts good. I only have a couple of "enemys" and get on at some level with most on here.

I guess I can be a little hot headed I guess on somethings and play the T&C abit lose at times but I guess if I was a REAL threat I would have been perma banned by now

edit on 25-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why would you care about fitting in with some weirdos on the net?

All I'm asking.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

How welcome has ATS made you feel?

Do you feel like you fit in with the crowd?

Most of all, what is your reasons for the answers to the questions above?

I first didn't, I had ignorance issues that I was dealing with... Broke T&C's like a red headed step child on the back of a milk carton... Was almost banned before I threw myself on the mercy of the ATS courts... I thought a particular mod "hated" me... I couldn't have been more wrong. It was my own doing and I understood, I'm not a rocket scientist but by no means "stupid", I put it all together... I have my proverbial blonde moments....

As far as fitting in the "Crowd" this isn't a clicky website... I felt the need to join because of always questioning what was fed to the masses and always thinking "This just doesn't sound right"... That and I figured if I was ever going to join a forum website, I'd go with the best and brightest of us "Conspiracy Theorists", at least I feel ATS is, it's a diverse group and just because you don't feel like you "fit in" doesn't necessarily mean you "Don't".

I don't think I ever said hello, so, hello!
Nice to meet you, I've been know to be a asshat but a smart asshat at that!

Why did I answer this.... That in itself is a conspiracy... I saw the thread and wanted to say hello, I guess....

With that, farewell and I hope your having a great day~ Seriously

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Pinke
Has been interesting reading answers! Surprised myself how I reacted to a few.

I suppose I don't really think overly much about fitting in or not, so it's a question I find difficult to answer exactly.

I read more than I post, and don't mostly come to ATS with the intention of meeting persons who 'fit' with me. Mostly I'm here to try to learn to understand other people, particularly people I disagree with. I've had a few sudden leaps in understanding in those areas, and I'm much more awesomely better read because of ATS.

I imagine I come across as a bit of a jerkface at times though ahahaha. I mean when you talk to persons you disagree with a lot it raises the chances of dislike by a billion or so. It's especially frustrating when I want to ask a lot of questions but forums aren't the best medium for that.

I suppose I think I don't post enough to fit or not fit in for most people. Also I think when I do post I can be a little unpredictable. I'm like the Atheist that believes in Jesus. No one wants to fit in with that person.

edit on 25-10-2013 by Pinke because: Last bit

What a wonderful post and attitude, and I hope we're all here to learn from each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm so new here, I have no idea if I will ever fit in or not. From my internet forum education I've found one principle to hold true on every one. You have to have a thick skin & not take things personally. Some days I do better remembering that than others. I also think in forums, you'll generally get back what you're willing to put in. Since I've not posted much, I have no expectations here.

I don't consider myself especially knowledgeable on any of the topics you discuss here. However, I am curious about many of them. Typically I do a lot more reading than posting. I've come across some very interesting conversations and there's nothing better to me than an intelligent chat about confusing & mysterious topics.

I originally came here for the non-mainstream subject matter. Thing is, the more I read, the more I'm beginning to think it's only a matter of time until many of these topics will be mainstream.

I do have one silly newbie question if anyone cares to answer. How do you use 'flags'? I still can't quite figure out if they're a good or bad thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Someone notify me when the group hug schedule comes out.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join