It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Levitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Sonic Levitation is the apparent moving of objects by using sound. I have read that people claim to be able to move objects by using sound.

www.parascope.com... describes how a single man managed to construct a castle, with reports of him being able to make objects 'float'.

www-personal.umich.edu... shows how sonic levitation is reality.

Has anyone else come across anything like this? I've heard that pictures from inside a pyramid show workers holding a huge tuning fork moving blocks onto one another. How can this be true, and if it is why do we not use it in our modern age?

[edit on 16-11-2004 by phixion]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The parascope site is just somebody talking out of their hat. There's pictures on the Coral Castle site of the builder with his truck and a perfectly ordinary winch and pully arrangements, lifting up a HUGE block of coral by himself.

No "magic levitation" -- nothing but knowledge of how to lift heavy things out of holes based on his experience as an engineer.

Sonic levitation of small, lightweight stuff is possible. However, you use a gazillion watts of energy and for larger things the vibrations could potentially cause problems.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can make things move in my car when I turn my music up
It doesnt take much to move light stuff using sound. The thing you have to rember is you're not actually using sound. You're using air being pressurized by the sound waves.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Actually I have always been intrigued by this particular mystery. The equipment Byrd had in his possession was not capable of moving blocks this size. It takes a very large modern excavator to lug these things around, not to mention a 2-3 man team. Now here was a guy who moved these items around with a simple winch.

Not to mention Byrd himself stated he knew something modern engineering did not.

Usually I take everything I see with a grain of salt but I did 3 years of civil-engineering work while in college and would like to think I know what it would take to move large blocks like Byrd was lugging around. Sorry, a pickup truck and a winch simply won�t do it. Sheer forces alone would snap his little crane like a toothpick. We won�t get into what would happen when momentum starts to torque things.

From the web link:

�In the mid-1970s, for example, a large bulldozer was hired to manipulate a coral block equivalent to the Castle's 30-ton monolith; the bulldozer could not even lift it.�

This is, IMHO, one of the few real mysteries that I have encountered in my lifetime. I wish I had the free time to study this in more depth.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is a classical physics concept. Sound waves that travel not only have displacement anti-nodes and nodes, but because they are longitudinal waves they create pressure differences with their own nodes and anti-nodes and the change in pressure is what is heard in your ears.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
TO all guys out there study the physics of every matter and ask your self isnt this sound, and you will get your answer

Everything vibrates to nobelprize.org, lectures, se the basic science of all matter, and you will understand the only thing that makes vibrations, waves , sound, visual wawes our the dual pole mind that we collapse wave function photons into matter with, in other words air is nothing else than soundwaves as well, this is the law of resoance , the all physical stuff has a unique frequency and attracts to like tuning forks do.

write quantum physics music in google and you may found some simple explanations. All best regards to every one.

If you are facinated about wave function look up Quantum Mechanics geniuses findings, and resonance speak with musician, open the piano and see the strings vibrate. And for fun ask your self is their any evidence against the whole electromagnetic spectrum from sound to microwaves is just as big scale of vibrating waves following the sam scale as the piano do. And you may find you all ready know the anwer but did not see it.

Best regards to your awareness

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just some pointing out:

On liquids such as the sea water in the sea you get waves where floating objects
will move on a verical axis against gravity like in the example below:

Remember that the object is just floating following the surface of the sea.
(In theory.In practice you do not have things working exactly like in the above model-but similarly.)

An object floating within the waves displacement would move in a circular fashion within the medium, like in the example below:

I am putting these concepts in a simplified way here.

Presure waves are another story altogether.

For example sound is a mechanical wave which results from the back and forth vibration of the particles of the medium through which the sound wave is moving. If a sound wave is moving from left to right through air, then particles of air will be displaced both rightward and leftward as the energy of the sound wave passes through it. The motion of the particles are parallel (and anti-parallel) to the direction of the energy transport. This is what characterizes sound waves in air as longitudinal waves.

A vibrating tuning fork is capable of creating such a longitudinal wave. As the tines of the fork vibrate back and forth, they push on neighboring air particles. The forward motion of a tine pushes air molecules horizontally to the right and the backward retraction of the tine creates a low pressure area allowing the air particles to move back to the left.

I hope the above give you a helpful insight to understand that using sound to move objects in the way you suggest is inpractical.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There's some tuning forks. Notice the familiar leedskalnin clover shape on top of the wave guide.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ed Leedskalnin believed that everything was made of small magnets, and that magnetic force itself is also made of trillions of even smaller magnets that are so small they can pass through the cracks of all substances.

Magnetic force can not be "shielded", it passes through all matter. It can only be "guided" into different directions, and Ed believed that is what electricity is, "trillions of magnets running in streams, that you can guide".

It turns out that most but not all of his theory matches with current theory, but many people don't realize it. See here: www.lawofmagnetism.com...

Ed Leedskalnin viewed the world like Neo from the matrix. I can't help but do the same now...

Like this image I made:

Now look at this again:

Sound is just the vibration of matter. Be it air, water, a vibrating cell phone, or your own butt cheeks. It's the movement of all things, including the movement of electrons and protons in all the different elements.

Each type of element in the Periodic Table is "vibrating" (making sound), and has it's own note on a scale of musical notes.

Gold vibrates nicely, do you know the tone of Gold?

Has anyone seen the old Yamaha logo before? 3 Tuning forks...

IT'S ALL MAGNETIC/ELECTRIC (ELECTROMAGNETIC), ALL IS ONE OBJECT

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Beautiful stuff man, great post. The coral castle thing is interesting, but I dont believe for a second this is how the egyptians built the pyramids. If it was then by the sheer number of them they would have built cities and cities of pyramids and other structures.

It could be though that it requires a certain precise piece of engineered device to allow it to work, maybe they only had one or a couple of those. But then the question is where did they get it from?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Ed Leedskalnin was always secretive when he worked. He would never work when someone was watching him. WHY?

ALL pictures of Ed were "allowed" by Ed. All the pictures were taken by Ed himself with a timed camera, and were used in his book, and writings.

Why would he be secretive about working, but then allow a few pictures to be taken and released to public for his book?

He left clues in his images.

There is more to it then your eye can see.

Some people can see it though.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

So what is it that we are missing in his personal pictures that you see, and what is the tone of gold? What are some of the other ideas that must be circling within your head that we must be missing about Edward?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Each type of element in the Periodic Table is "vibrating" (making sound), and has it's own note on a scale of musical notes.

In order to resurrect Osiris for the purpose of having the child Horus, it was necessary for Isis to "learn" magic (which long had been her domain before the cult of Ra arose), and so it was said that Isis tricked Ra (i.e. Amun-Ra/Atum-Ra) into telling her his "secret name," by causing a snake to bite him, for which only Isis had the cure.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No dude, sound isn't capable of levitating object.

It displaces particles impermanently.

They may vibrate nearby particles.

Displacement isn't permanent, it simply represents the transfer of energy. So even if you could isolate the crest and make it a pulse, it wouldn't constitute levitation, as levitation requires a continual force or influence.

If you examine the standing wave patterns created by sound waves on Chladni Plates, it does demostrate sounds ability to directly and indirectly exert influence on object. Mainly when indirectly, is displacement the permanent.

top topics

join