It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Had a Son He’d Look Like….Philip Chism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
After seeing this picture this story really caught my attention for a couple of reasons. Check this out:

For those who haven’t heard about this, this kid Philip Chism is charged with murdering a teacher at school this week.

A law-enforcement source said authorities believe Chism attacked Ritzer with a box cutter. The source said the boy was seen on school security video pushing a large recycling bin, which authorities believe he used to take her body outside.

Chism was charged with Ritzer’s murder after investigators interviewed him and reviewed surveillance video from the school.

Police found Ritzer’s body near the school, where they went to look for her after family reported her missing at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday. Cops found blood in a second-floor bathroom inside the school.
Read more here

First of all, this kid REALLY DOES look like he could be Obama’s son….much more so than Trayvon Martin. Second, absent is the condemnation from the White House about this slaying. Where is our Commander and Chief to speak out against this racially charged murder at a public school? Does this victim or muder weapon not fit the right profile to further this administration's agenda? This tragic incident is a great example of school violence much like the incident at Sandy Hook that led this administration to call for gun control. Rather than a gun, this kid instead used a box cutter (where have we heard that before?). I want to know why this administration hasn’t moved to outlaw box cutters yet. After Sept 11, 2001 and 3,000+ deaths directly related to box cutter violence, we now have another chilling case of box cutter violence resulting in death. Couldn’t this terrible act have been avoided had Obama just outlawed box cutters?

On a serious note….what the hell is going on in our society today? Where did we as a society FAIL at parenting? Why are there so many kids killing at school these days? What a society of cowards we’re becoming. This isn’t about GUNS or BOX CUTTERS….it’s about the decay of society and the decline of our values as a people. Shame on us for not doing more, and shame on us for letting our government use tragedies to further control us (though not in this case…why is that?)

edit on 24-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don't pay attention to cases anymore until a verdict is reached.

In other news, JP Morgan is currently in discussion with feds over the Madoff scheme.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

seabag
On a serious note….what the hell is going on in our society today? Where did we as a society FAIL at parenting? Why are there so many kids killing at school these days? What a society of cowards we’re becoming. This isn’t about GUNS or BOX CUTTERS….it’s about the decay of society and the decline of our values as a people. Shame on us for not doing more, and shame on us for letting our government use tragedies to further control us (though not in this case…why is that?)

I think a lot of the problem with kids these days is many parents and school officials want these kids to all feel like winners even tho they didn't earn it. People need to teach there kids that losing is not always bad and it teaches us to pick ourselves up and try harder.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hadn't looked at it that way, but now that you mention it...

She does look a little like his mom.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

That’s definitely a part of it.

Many are also turning over responsibility for their children to the public school system. Many kids aren’t raised by two productive, responsible parents and instead are thrown to the wolves. It’s no wonder many are emotionally and mentally incapable of dealing with life’s many tough situations. We’ve got kids killing themselves and others over bullying…REALLY? I can only imagine the excuse this kid is going to give for killing this poor woman.

We’ve got to stop making and allowing excuses for bad behavior and underperformance. We also need to be parents rather than just temporary babysitters for the state!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

seabag

This isn’t about GUNS or BOX CUTTERS….it’s about the decay of society and the decline of our values as a people.

edit on 24-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Not much to add. You said it all.

You hit the nail on the head. The increase in violence has nothing to do with access to weapons. It has everything to do with the decay of our society.

I see it on a daily basis. Especially being a School Resource Officer at a high school. The way the kids act today has tremondously changed in a negative way.

Twelve years ago when I was in high school (the same school I work at now) if we were pissed at a teacher we talked bad about them behind their back. We didn't murder them. If we were pissed off at another student we fought them one on one and usually became friends after. We didn't bring a gun to school and shoot them.

We used inappropriate language of course, but when a teacher walked by we watched our mouths. Nowadays it is nothing for a teacher to be cursed at or threatened by a student. On a daily basis students walk passed me and talk about doing ectasy, or how their buddy just recently robbed someone. Oh the conversations I hear and I work in a city with a population of 100,000. I couldn't imagine what goes on in the major cities. No, wait, yes I can.....

No respect. No remorse. A very cold generation. I am worried. Especially if or when an economic crisis occurs.
edit on 24-10-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: grammar

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You keep speaking the truth.

One of the reasons I believe we are seeing a decay in our society is kids having kids. Now I know not all young parents are bad. However, I have had student parents getting into fights, stealing, being caught with drugs on a some what regular basis. It's disgusting.

Not only are the student parents bad, but the parents of the high school students (generally in their 30's) are bad too. I have had numerous incidents of these parents driving their high school aged child and their friends to other peoples houses to fight. On a couple occassions knives/box cutters were pulled. All while the adult parents were either watching or participating.

Another problem is the parents with the "my child didn't do that" attitude. I can't tell you how many cases I have worked where obvious evidence of their child committing a crime existed yet they refused to believe it.

For example I worked the recent homecoming dance where some of the brightest students we have (senior class VP) drove to the dance drunk. Caught red handed. Clear signs of intoxication and even a bottle of rum in plain sight on the vehicles back seat. Upon having the parents come pick them up in which they clearly saw the evidence, they refused to believe that their child did anything wrong. The family of the senior class VP even hired a lawyer to try and fight the suspension. Of course they lost. In the hearing I asked the mother in front of her daughter if she could look me in the eye and actually tell me that her daughter wasn't drunk that night. She said "no she wasn't." Unreal! What are these kids being taught?

Just fyi, she wasn't expelled from school. That was not our intent. However, some punishment was necessary especially since her parents weren't dishing it out. I know this not only by the parents lies, but the next week I saw the student at a local concert. Parents of the year!

Sorry for the rant.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I see it on a daily basis. Especially being a School Resource Officer at a high school. The way the kids act today has tremondously changed in a negative way.
Wow! So you have a backstage pass to this horror show. I feel for you. I feel even worse for my children who have to try to thrive in this new environment. Fortunately for them they have 2 good parents to guide them through the jungle.

Twelve years ago when I was in high school (the same school I work at now) if we were pissed at a teacher we talked bad about them behind their back. We didn't murder them. If we were pissed off at another student we fought them one on one and usually became friends after. We didn't bring a gun to school and shoot them.
It seems the value of life isn't what it used to be. Inviting someone "to the tree line" is a lot more dangerous than it once was.

What makes me angriest is the fact that our government does more to KEEP people 'in the system' and promote broken homes than it does to make them productive members of society? They care about taking away our guns at all costs rather than actually solving the real root problem.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We’ve got kids killing themselves and others over bullying…

Never over look the fact that schools are now feeding kids DRUGS! Often over the objections of parents.

Long story short. 33% of white boys are diagnosed with ADHD and the vast majority had been medicated for this condition at some time. Ritalin "induces a psychopathology that seems to mimic schizophrenic psychosis."

The Drugging of Our Children
...As the Washington Times Insight Magazine reports, “the common link in the high school shootings may be psychotropic drugs like Ritalin and Prozac.” For example, in 1998, 14-year-old Kip Kinkle killed his parents and then went on a shooting spree at his Springfield, Oregon, high school, killing two and injuring 22. He was being treated with Ritalin and Prozac. Then there was the15-year-old taking Ritalin who in 1999 wounded six classmates in Heritage High School in Georgia, and the 18-year-old who raped and murdered a 7-year-old girl in 1997, one week after starting to take Dexedrine. One can’t help but ask whether psychotropic drugs are dangerous not just to those taking them, but also, in some cases, to “innocent bystanders.”...

From Doctors and Scientists:

Violence in Schools? It's the Prozac and Ritalin Stupid! . Edited by: William Wong ND, Ph.D

Please read these three pieces on exactly why we are having a level of violence in our schools and colleges that is unprecedented; and guess what? It’s not due to guns, it’s not due to music, it’s not even due to video games - it’s the Prozac and the SSRI family of drugs coupled with the amphetamine Ritalin. Look at the statistics, read the names of which student was taking what drug during their attack of mania and decide to clean these snakes out of our kids lives!

From the great Dr. Larry Wilson:
WHY KIDS KILL? PROZAC AND ALTERNATIVES
by Lawrence Wilson, MD

Causes for childhood depression, anxiety and attention deficit range from nutritional imbalances and chemical exposure to home and school problems. Instead of addressing causes, many doctors and psychologists treat the symptoms with powerful medications. Today, almost nine million children, or almost one out of every five children, take psychoactive drugs for their behavior disorders, many of which are questionable diagnoses....

Ritalin: Brain-Damage Evidence For Amphetamines

Below is a press release from Yale University about a study that found short-term low-dose amphetamine use in primates caused possibly permanent cognitive impairment. Researcher Stacy Castner concluded: "It may be the case that even a brief period of low-dose amphetamine abuse in early adolescence or early adulthood can produce profound cognitive deficits that may persist for a couple of years or more after amphetamine use has ended."

We've already seen that therapeutic doses of Ritlin can induce an information-processing dysfunction in human subjects that is also a classic symptom of schizophrenic psychopathology (www.erols.com...
also see: users.erols.com...).

Attesting to the brain-impairing power of Ritalin, it's also been shown that Ritalin "induces a psychopathology that seems to mimic schizophrenic psychosis more closely than that induced by amphetamines and coc aine" (Journal of Pharmacology and Experiment Therapeutics, 1993 267(1))....

PAPER: ADHD among American Schoolchildren Evidence of Overdiagnosis and Overuse of Medication

...Failure to report more specific findings when they are available can distort patterns in ADHD care. The Jensen et al. (1999) sample involved individuals between 9 and 17 years of age. By excluding a large proportion of children in the age group (i.e., ages 6 to 9) most affected by and/or treated for the disorder (Cohen et al., 1993; Safer & Zito, 1999; Safer et al., 1996; Scahill & Schwab-Stone, 2000), the study may have yielded an artificially low rate of ADHD...

...Findings from this study were consistent between two racially, economically, and socially diverse school districts. In both school districts, the rate of ADHD medication use was highest among white males and lowest among black females; 17% of white males and 3% of black females received ADHD medication in school...

To address the underestimation of ADHD diagnosis and treatment that is inherent in exclusive reliance on school-based records, LeFever and colleagues examined the rate of ADHD diagnosis and treatment among children by means of parental report (LeFever et al., 2002). In the same Virginia region previously studied, parents of children enrolled in three elementary schools that comprise a representative sample of the entire school district's elementary population were asked to complete a school health survey that focused on ADHD and asthma. Parental report of school-based administration of ADHD medication (9%) was consistent with objective assessment of the same (8% to 10%). However, nearly twice as many students had been diagnosed with ADHD compared with the number medicated in school. Among elementary students, 17% of all students and 33% of white boys had been diagnosed with ADHD and the vast majority had been medicated for this condition at some time during the 1997-98 school year. At the time of the survey, which spanned the summer months (when drug therapy is sometimes temporarily discontinued), 12% of all elementary students were medicated for ADHD (LeFever et al., 2002). Ninety percent of all identified cases had been medicated for the disorder at some point and the majority had been treated for over two years. These findings suggest that as of 1998, school-based studies of ADHD prevalence captured approximately half of the cases treated in the community....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It can be horror show at times but I think it is the best job in policing. It is the job that relates most to the community policing methods of past generations. I use my personal beliefs of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to try and educate the students.

There is still a small glimmer of hope though. There are still some students that share the same beliefs of the founding fathers. We talk everyday during lunch at my school. We discuss current events and where we see the country in the future. I mix talks about the Constitution on a regular basis too. It is quite refreshing.

I am afraid the group is very small though. They are also considered the "outcasts" of the school. I am sure that is how it is across the board. They are just high schoolers though. Perhaps I am expecting too much from them.

Don't even get me started about the system not helping others. I see how it fails the people everyday. I better stop now before I go on another rant.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

It can be horror show at times but I think it is the best job in policing. It is the job that relates most to the community policing methods of past generations. I use my personal beliefs of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to try and educate the students.

Good for you, man!

I'm glad you're proactively trying to educate at least some young people. Positive role models are few and far in between these days so its good to hear you're doing that. I'd much rather my kids look up to a guy like you than some wannabe gang banger from the NFL/NBA.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why should Obama address everything deemed racially charged? We are seeing the fruits of millions of hours of exposure to music, movies, videos, games, and anything else that influences people. The majority of it is very corruptive, we as a society, instead of seeing it for what it is, and doing something about it, have chosen to deny its influence. Well, truth is, we ARE directly influenced by what we take in; kids DO go out, and imitate what they see. Violence comes from media, that's where it begins; deny it all you want. People my age (40's)) can remember when kids CREATED THEIR OWN styles, trends, etc. Urban kids created their own music, and other forms of art-dancing, and graffiti- to go along with it. These days, the corporations create terribly degenerative styles-like sagging pants- to go along with their subversion of a once productive, upbeat music/art form. Precious little of what kids do today have not been fed to them in an idea by corporations that know everything about them. The knockout game, for instance, is only possible through social media; without it, the depravity wouldn't catch on nationwide. I hate to say it all is part of a plan, but it most certainly is. I have zero faith that humanity will ever overcome what is being done to us, or avoid the path they are leading us down.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just in case anyone was wondering ... the young thug was found guilty of rape and murder in this case. Total scudger.

Philip Chism Found Guilty Of First-Degree Murder

top topics

join