It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: China Plans to Have Over 100 Eyes in the Sky by 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
China has plans to launch over 100 satellites into space before the year 2020. The purpose of this will be to watch every corner of the country. What has been described as a "large surveying network" would be set up to monitor several things including water reserves, farmland, forests and "various activites of society", a government official reported.

www.chinadaily.com.cn
The launches of new "stars" is only the dramatic climax of the drive to boost China's aerospace industry. A new next-generation satellite, currently under development, is expected to help the country entrench itself firmly within the world's small but technologically demanding space community.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I personally think this is the start of the big brother syndrome, but could also be a step forward in the prevention on crime.

China regularly sends research satellites into orbit and in October last year became the third nation successfully to put a man in space when a single astronaut orbited Earth 14 times.

This shows that they are advancing in the 'space age', and this new technology may be used for several things. The new Chinese platform could be used to develop a large communications system which would deliver much clearer signals to the ground.

Related News Links:
english.people.com.cn
www.chinadaily.com.cn
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 11-16-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Good, more praktice targets for ABL.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This sound to me to not just keep watch over there own reagon, but for global spying also. I just dont see why they would send a hundred up if it was not a global network.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In the latter half of the twentieth century it was the mobility of tactical strikes from water that gave countries dominance and the ablity to defend itself effectively by deploying troops and firepower where ever needed in the World. The aircraft carrier and submarine are the jewels among those ships capable of such deployment.

It is one of the reason why the US is dominant and commands respect in the World threater.........

Now space has become the ocean of the 21st century..............In the past century the US and USSR were the early players gooing head to head on space programs for such purpose....

.......Now China is positioning itself for that frontier.......

You can say all you want about utilizing space for peaceful and social purposes...........but the strategic positioning of space is to powerful and tempting of a vehicle not to be exploited by any country with capablities to do such.

Unfortunately, once governements develop weapons in space to strike on the surface of the Earth...games over for us pawns living out our lives like ant farms from the perceptive of a satellites view...........

Much like nuclear firepower........freedom loving peoples would hope nations with the most benevolant societies are the ones that control such developments.....

Imagine the Nazi's in power today with such options available............

Anyway............I don't feel very comfortable about China and this kind of development..........Seems our corporations are bending over backwards in this country to create a developing nation out of China so that we have a new market to export to.................one little problem.................last I check these folks are still communist and don't mind killing off a few thousand of their citizens anytime they have something to say about the oppressive nature of their governement.........

If I remember my studies correctly about political systems....the goal of communism is a World wide one not a reginal or nation state existance.......

Sorry for ranting but developments like this have more implications that what's just on the surface................

top topics

join