It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'11/1 All Hell Breaks Loose!' DHS $80M for American Riots as Govt benefits phase-out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes food stamp amounts are 'cut' Nov 1st.

But it's because the stimulus from 2009 is expiring.

And the original ending date has been backed-up twice.

How soon we forget....

The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits is scheduled to end on November 1, 2013, resulting in a benefit cut for every SNAP household. For families of three, the cut will be $29 a month — a total of $319 for November 2013 through September 2014, the remaining months of fiscal year 2014. That’s a serious loss, especially in light of the very low amount of basic SNAP benefits. Without the Recovery Act’s boost, SNAP benefits will average less than $1.40 per person per meal in 2014. (See Table 2 for estimates of the size of the SNAP cut in each state in fiscal year 2014.) Nationally, the total cut is estimated to be $5 billion in fiscal year 2014.

SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013

And it seems the 'ending' date was changed in 2010 by (D)Congress?

In August 2010, Congress passed and the President signed P.L. 111-226, which accelerated the sunset of the ARRA benefit increase to April 2014 and used the estimated savings for state fiscal relief through additional federal funding for school districts to maintain teachers’ jobs and maintaining a higher federal match for Medicaid costs.

Four months later, the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act (P.L. 111-296), which reauthorized Child Nutrition programs, further accelerated the sunset date of ARRA to October 31, 2013, to offset the cost of the legislation. As a result, beginning on November 1, 2013, SNAP benefit levels will be based on the cost of the June 2013 TFP, which is lower than the ARRA levels.

Who gets the blame ??

Democrats had full congressional control in 2009 and 2010.

Has anybody proposed any bills to 'increase' food stamps recently ?

Time to limit some imports and increase some exports.

The country is going bust.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I learned this really neat trick around the expiration of the Bush tax cuts.

Whenever somebody complained of their taxes going up somebody who wanted the taxes to go up would come in and spin it like so: "you're taxes arent going up, they're just returning to pre-Bush levels."

So stop bitching about food stamps being cut. They arent. They're just returning to per-stimulus levels.

Now the less dull of you out there will argue and moan and while I of course may agree with you that any change in anything at anytime is an increase or decrease but don't let sense get in the way of stupid trickery here.

Nobodys taxes went up and there are no cuts. Just returns to per-stimulus levels.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

ell, the republicans are getting the government cuts they wanted, because cutting the debt on the backs of the working poor and middle class, is more important than raisng taxes on the wealthy and corporate...

And that is EXACTLY how they want you to think. See the thing shoved in your face and never bother to look behind the curtain. The whole goal is to destroy the USA or more specifically the US Constitution and US Sovereignty as part of "building a new international order"

The Republican vs Democrat “show” is nothing but a diversion. There really is no difference between them and both are owned by the banking/corporate cartel with the goal of advancing by stages the elites long range plans. Top Senate Democrat: bankers “own” the U.S. Congress Dick Durbin's confession ought to be major news, yet it won't be.

Clinton set up the present economic mess ON PURPOSE with the ratification of WTO, NAFTA, entry of China into the WTO, The “Freedom to Fail” 1996 Farm bill. He even admits it!

Today's global food crisis shows "we all blew it, including me when I was president," UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 23, 2008

President Bill Clinton... publicly apologized last month for forcing Haiti to drop tariffs on imported, subsidized US rice during his time in office. The policy wiped out Haitian rice farming and seriously damaged Haiti’s ability to be self-sufficient. www.democracynow.org...

The policy that destroyed Haiti's rice farmers comes from the WTO and is exactly the same policy that destroyed American jobs. Without tariffs workers compete with workers around the world and Americans will ALWAYS lose but it is a real big win for the international corporations. This is why the Stock Market does not reflect the Depression in the USA.

How China Conquered America gives a point by point time line.

Chasing the Dragon: Clinton's China Policy Documents how Clinton sold out the USA and American workers.

Then there is Clinton's helping the Banksters.
Clinton's signing of laws that repealed the McFadden Act of 1927, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 and the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 lead to the Formation of Mega Banks. He is also responsible for the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 and the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 that was responsible for marginal mortgage loans doomed to fail and the unregulated CDSs used to insure the banks against foreclosure.

The housing market collapse lead to a drastic drop in land prices and no buyers. It is absolutely NO coincidence that the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, (also pushed by the Clintons) guaranteeing the loss of America's independent farmers and Obamacare containing the 1099 change severely hampering small business growth and formation since repealed is aimed at America's independent land owners. The International corporations want a cheap plentiful labor supply and that is what the 'Progressives' and 'Conservatives' are giving them.

Does the MSM have ulterior motives. - -YES!

The Federal Reserve Act was signed into law by a Democrat on 1913. In 1915 the BANSTERS TOOK CONTROL OF THE MEDIA.

U.S. Congressman Oscar Calloway, stated in 1917:
"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interests, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States, and a sufficient number of them, to control generally the policy of the daily press….They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers.
An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper, to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature, considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." sovereignty.net...

Carroll Quigley, an influential former history professor at the Foreign Service Schools of Georgetown University. ...[Bill Clinton's mentor],..

"There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operation of this network because I have studied it for twenty years, and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records.... [I]n general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown...."[5]

"At the end of the war of 1914 [World War 1], it became clear that the organization of this [secret] system had to be greatly extended... the task was entrusted to Lionel Curtis who established, in England and each dominion, a front organization to the existing local Round Table Group. This front organization, called the Royal Institute of International Affairs, had as its nucleus in each area the existing submerged Round Table Group. In New York it was known as the Council on Foreign Relations, and was a front for J. P. Morgan and Company.... In fact, the original plans for the Royal Institute of International Affairs and The Council of Foreign Relations were drawn up at Paris [Peace Conference of 1919..

In other words, this conspiracy was international from the start.

Pascal Lamy, World Trade Organization confirms this:

Pascal Lamy: Whither Globalization?
Where is globalization headed? This is probably the central question of our time....

...The reality is that, so far, we have largely failed to articulate a clear and compelling vision of why a new global order matters — and where the world should be headed. Half a century ago, those who designed the post-war system — the United Nations, the Bretton Woods system, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) — were deeply influenced by the shared lessons of history.

All had lived through the chaos of the 1930s — when turning inwards led to economic depression, nationalism and war. All, including the defeated powers, agreed that the road to peace lay with building a new international order — and an approach to international relations that questioned the Westphalian, sacrosanct principle of sovereignty ...

Bush and Reagan also are part of the present mess. SEE Post at www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-10-2013 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

No one is going to cut benefits come the first.

You are incorrect.

SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013

The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits is scheduled to end on November 1, 2013, resulting in a benefit cut for every SNAP household. For families of three, the cut will be $29 a month — a total of $319 for November 2013 through September 2014, the remaining months of fiscal year 2014.[2] That’s a serious loss, especially in light of the very low amount of basic SNAP benefits. Without the Recovery Act’s boost, SNAP benefits will average less than $1.40 per person per meal in 2014. (See Table 2 for estimates of the size of the SNAP cut in each state in fiscal year 2014.) Nationally, the total cut is estimated to be $5 billion in fiscal year 2014.

It seems unlikely that Congress will enact legislation to remedy this problem, as President Obama and some members of Congress have proposed. Consequently, states need to prepare for the benefit cuts — including determining how they will provide information about the upcoming benefit reduction to participating households and other stakeholders as well as how to manage increased client inquiries when the cut takes effect....

These guys are not MSNBC or FOX News.

From The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is one of the nation’s premier policy organizations working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals.

The Center conducts research and analysis to help shape public debates over proposed budget and tax policies and to help ensure that policymakers consider the needs of low-income families and individuals in these debates. We also develop policy options to alleviate poverty....

More than 6,000 non-profit organizations and government agencies across the country participate in the Center’s EITC outreach campaign, the nation’s largest sustained private sector campaign to promote a public benefit. Participants include governors, mayors, state and local agencies, United Ways, religious organizations, utility companies...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Not saying that I do believe it or not. Basic math says that benefits need to be reduced. There are more mooching off the system than there are producers so the tax base is just not there. I base that off the current system.

So, instead of freaking out...how do we fix it?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I usually get about $150 in FS per month. I talked to Welfare the other day. I will be getting $138 starting in Nov. I wouldn't call that drastic.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Have Americans had it good for too long and this is reality bringing them to face the hard facts of life?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

1. Get the USA out of the United Nations and especially the World Trade Organization and NAFTA.

2. INCREASE tariffs so American made can compete with made in China. It used to be the fed gov't was financed through tariffs not tax on wages.

3. CUT RED TAPE! Regulations strangle small business and small business produce more jobs than large businesses. (Obamacare kills small business hiring)

4. Kill the Federal Reserve and stop printing money. Make EVERYONE abide by contract and other laws.

5. Make drugs legal and Tax the heck out of them. Heck do the same for prostitution and gambling.

6. Get US troops out of foreign lands. It is time to stop being the Banksters cannon fodder.

Unfortunately all those recommendations stomp all over the big guys toes so don't hold your breath.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Have Americans had it good for too long and this is reality bringing them to face the hard facts of life?

No we were betrayed by Congress and the presidents starting in 1913 when they passed the Federal Reserve Act.

Read this A rticle

It really changed my view point.

These are good too:

www.thirdworldtraveler.com... (Carroll Quigley was Bill Clinton's Mentor)

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm not questioning the need to reduce benefit, esp in the food dept as most of these EBT card chargers I see in the supermarket literally have 2 carts to hold everything, and appear blatantly overweight/obese for their heights.

What I'm documenting is statements regarding DHS expenditure and amount of ammo purchased by the feds.

As well, as the reality that the Japanese public would react grossly different than we shall the vexed public assistance Americans- which comprises 1/3 of US population. And I present that not just as speculation, but proven as well as already witnessed for a day, a tiny peak at what riots & violence are to to come, nationwide.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately many of you will lose it and kill each other in droves first.

Police and swat will swoop in days later to finish it off.

I wouldn't be holding a weapon on that day if i was you. Not even your ID.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

The problem I see in society is three-fold:

1. utter and complete lack of discipline and responsibility
2. a complete and ingrained ideology that people are "owed" something from the government
3. a belief that people should give what they earned away to people that have not earned it

....and number 4 - Not enough jobs for the rising population.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I do see your point. BUT!!! You are over looking the fact of how influence plays a part in all of this.

Our media sales concepts by the dozen... the viewer is helpless to some of the underhanded tactics being used. It comes down to will power... which sadly, can't compete with chemical intervention.

Almost all of the processed foods have mood altering compounds in them, some are natural (i.e. chocolate) where as others are synthetic.

look at the modern cigarette smoker. the chemicals in todays cigarettes didn't exist thirty or in some cases TEN years ago. Now couple that with stealth propaganda and an ever increasing stressfull life... it is a perfect blueprint for building addicts.

It is very easy to judge!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Looks like ppl aren't hungry yet, and their EBT cards are still working at least.

But the cuts have indeed started, and more to come however untimely with commercial Christmas season to be ringed in by BLACK FRIDAY just a couple weeks away

www.nytimes.com...

As Cuts to Food Stamps Take Effect, More Trims to Benefits Are Expected

October 31, 2013

Starting Friday, millions of Americans receiving food stamps will be required to get by with less government assistance every month, a move that not only will cost them money they use to feed their families but is expected to slightly dampen economic growth as well.

The so-called food stamp cliff “may be more of a sidewalk curb,” Mr. Feroli wrote in an email. “The bigger cliff, which I’m surprised people aren’t talking about, is emergency unemployment benefits Jan. 1.” That, he estimated, could shave 0.4 percentage point off growth in the first quarter next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join