It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'11/1 All Hell Breaks Loose!' DHS $80M for American Riots as Govt benefits phase-out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Fellow Atsers!

For years yall must have been talking about martial law coming. Well, Fox News as well as Navy Vets are now alerting the public that DHS has spent some $80,000,0000 on security forces to protect themselves from mobs of angry Americans.

And this includes an open purchase order by DHS for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition!

On November 1st, the Food Stamp program will be drastically cut, as well as Veteran benefits payments, and likely other benefits, possibly Social Security and other benefits/services across the board. The first wave of government phase-out!

From what I saw on Saturday October 12th when Food Stamps experienced a 'glitch' (yea right), the streets of South Los Angeles/Long Beach were flooded with angry mobs screaming at each other and banging on cars. And that was just for one day. With the EBT cuts now permanently in place, it is reasonable to expect mass riots and chaos throughout the United States. Afterall that's what a broke, bankrupt government is ultimately going to spend 100s of millions or more on: dampening these protests likely through martial law measures!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i have only heard from this site about ebt and possibly other benefits being cut for november.

why isnt it big news if its a known thing? and of course the msm wont talk about it. but i mean with anyone? you would think there would be word on the street by now. i know plenty people with benefits of all types and they dont seem to have heard a thing :
edit on 24-10-2013 by Bisman because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting. I live in Oklahoma and its getting very difficult not only to buy ammo but to find it as well. Cutting food assistance an average of $36 might not seem like much but to some families I'm sure it is. I doubt anarchy will run supreme on the 1st but I will definatly have my eye and ears open.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Stories like this do keep me on my toes. I recently applied for a job with a Texas-based private security company preparing for a contract with DHS and FEMA for work in 3 counties in Colorado. They are only hiring people with prior military and LE experience. They made it clear that you will be armed and have arrest authority. What could possibly be going down in CO that the DHS and FEMA need to hire additional personel? I need a job like all of us, but let me be clear. I am a patriot first. Should be interesting if hired.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Bisman
i have only heard from this site about ebt and possibly other benefits being cut for november.

why isnt it big news if its a known thing? and of course the msm wont talk about it. but i mean with anyone? you would think there would be word on the street by now. i know plenty people with benefits of all types and they dont seem to have heard a thing :
edit on 24-10-2013 by Bisman because: spelling error

My girlfriend runs an in-home daycare. Most of her client receive subsidies from fed, state and county government,to help pay for childcare expenses. We have first-hand knowledge that these subsidies were cut. These parents are now receiving about half of what they were before, meaning the rest of my girlfriend's fees need to come from the parent's pocket. I know this will cause a hardship on most. Others will swing it somehow. I can see some having to leave employment because they can't afford the costs of childcare.

EDIT: Parents that were paying $200 per month out-of-pocket, will now pay about $400. This means less $ for bills, food, fuel expenses. keep in mind, these parents hold fulltime jobs, but do LEGITIMATELY need a helping hand. Should these folks have to leave employment, the reliance on welfare goes up. I think this is what the current administration wants. To show the people that they need government intervention. I call BS!
edit on 10/24/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/24/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

On November 1st, the Food Stamp program will be drastically cut, as well as Veteran benefits payments, and likely other benefits, possibly Social Security and other benefits/services across the board. The first wave of government phase-out!

Why is this any more credible that the countless other fear mongering memes that have been proffered on this site? Deny ignorance. It makes you wonder who is really benefiting from this? The NRA? News Corp, the CIA?

I say that if you are confirmed to be making baseless claims that turn out to be hoaxes you get yourself in ATS jail for 30 days. You can only access the chit chat forum and no posting for that period. You also have to be shamed with the tag of "recovering hoaxer" for an additional 60 days.

If you are right, you get to be a some cool tag like "certified prognosticator".

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well, the republicans are getting the government cuts they wanted, because cutting the debt on the backs of the working poor and middle class, is more important than raisng taxes on the wealthy and corporate...I mean, you can't punish wealthy people by taxing them more, right? ....next up, cuts to social security and medicare!!!...stay tuned!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

In a rare moment, I agree with you. At least on the first half of your statement, I agree entirely. I wish I didn't. I wish I didn't have to. However, cutting benefits while bitching it's gotten so high is coldly ignoring WHY the benefits are as high as they are. Fraud? Yeah.. It's fraud alright. Fraud from Congress in endless variety and dumped on us daily, to lead to 49% on benefits of some form, by today's headline.

Our nation is in the ditch, so to speak, and the cold blooded people in Congress want to shovel dirt over it before it's been declared dead.

I have a better use for shovels and it involves dislodging Republican and Democrat alike.

...the second half? Well.. We can't agree on everything and if you made every rich person a poor one (they're working on it), we'd just have everyone equally broke and miserable with no one left to possibly turn things around. My opinion tho..
edit on 24-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is just a test , to see how people act. That is why they are slowly lowering the amount people get. They know if they do it all at once there would be anarchy. This way they gauge how slowly to ween the people down to almost nothing. Just them trying to contained a chaotic collapse.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm not at all scared of going to 'ATS jail' for quoting Neal Kavuto & Fox News.. If I do, there's something seriously wrong with staff or a staffer's judgment skill.

GNOarmy

Stories like this do keep me on my toes. I recently applied for a job with a Texas-based private security company preparing for a contract with DHS and FEMA for work in 3 counties in Colorado. They are only hiring people with prior military and LE experience. They made it clear that you will be armed and have arrest authority. What could possibly be going down in CO that the DHS and FEMA need to hire additional personel? I need a job like all of us, but let me be clear. I am a patriot first. Should be interesting if hired.

^Good luck! We need more Americans with the ability to still think/reason in bed with the government if that's what it takes to stop the banksters!

---------

One of the excuses besides budget, is that there are too many veterans and too many claims (duh):

And here's the scoop:

www.navytimes.com...

Murray: 5 million vets face no benefits on Nov. 1

About 5 million veterans may not receive benefits “they earned and rely on” on Nov. 1 because of the partial government shutdown, the Senate Budget Committee chairman warned Friday.

As for Social Security, Obama admin has been cutting it anyway since years, months ago regardless of the blame on debt ceiling:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No one is going to cut benefits come the first.

And you know what is sad? That we have gotten so dependent on the state that if benefits did get cut off we wouldn't make due, we'd riot. And that is what is expected of us as a people.

To me that is a sure sign of a pathetically weak society.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Quick question........ Why exactly would they be cutting hand out programs at the same time they are pushing to make citizens out of tens of millions of illegals, of which, a large portion will be expecting hand out programs.

I know it's DC and it never makes much sense but, I don't see EBT benefits being cut anytime soon. Social Security, Veterans benefits, absolutely, things that have been legitimately earned by American citizens are the exact types of things they would cut, hand out programs, not so much.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Maybe not all benefits will be cut, but some factually were as stated in my post above. I don't think that veterans' benefits will be touched, nor SS benefits, but nothing is beyond belief anymore. Still the possibilty for future cuts is there as we see a higher number of people becoming more dependant on the government than ever before, therefore, those that work hard and still need assistance, may see cuts to fund the rediculously large increase in people playing the system. A classic example of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

One of the questions you will be asked is "would you fire on an American Citizen" if you answer "no" you wont get the job. I made a recent thread on something similar called "Obamas New Army".

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Benefits don't come first -
Interest payments to Treasury bond holders (the filthy rich/banks) get paid first.
Then comes the government itself.
Have we become pathetic as a Nation?
In many ways yes, and that is exactly what they have been engineering us towards all along.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

To add to your list there are also too many retired people and not enough people paying in to Social Security.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

wonderworld
reply to post by GNOarmy

One of the questions you will be asked is "would you fire on an American Citizen" if you answer "no" you wont get the job. I made a recent thread on something similar called "Obamas New Army".

Yeah, I read about the litmus test. I think should this really be the case, you know how I would answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

jesus wrabbit, there might be a lot of things we could agree on, life isn't all black and white. we both rail against the loonies from each side of the political spectrum, and tend to think anyone that remotely ties oneself to either, is in total agreement on the rest of their agenda.
edit on 24-10-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I am poor and I've been poor all my life. From the ghetto of Detroit, through my time in the army (struggled with a wife and kid), to my retirement and return to Detroit.

How much do you want the rich to give? When will the poor have to take responsibility for their decisions?

The mega-rich (for lack of a better term) pay more in taxes per month than many of us will even earn in their lifetime.

The poor receive money for housing, food, and necessities, yet still manage to drink, smoke and have the latest fashions.

Take 90% of the income from the rich? Sure, I would agree to that, as soon as the poor start working for their freebies.

++Caveat - there are a great many people on assistance that are unable to work due to disability and/or age. I think as a society we should protect these people and provide for them. We all have the potential to be injured, we all age, and sometimes people are born with disabilities. None of these things reflect decisions on the sufferer (granted some disabilities are a result of poor decisions). What we as a nation cannot do is allow 50%+ of the population not work and make a career out of federal/state assistance. It's simply not viable. It's crude and coarse and way incorrect but "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em" should be taught in schools. There have been more days than I can count that I fed my child and went hungry myself. I prayed for deployments, not because I am a war-monger, but because my pay nearly doubled when I was away.

The problem I see in society is three-fold:

1. utter and complete lack of discipline and responsibility
2. a complete and ingrained ideology that people are "owed" something from the government
3. a belief that people should give what they earned away to people that have not earned it

I would throw the fact that people are animals and from time to time the herd must be culled, but then I would be called a Nazi and that is getting old.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

In all honesty? We probably do agree on a lot more than either of us would first assume. I learned that from Occupy and just how much I had in common with the Left minded folks....when we weren't yelling at each other, and just sitting around camp to kill time and chat. I think that experience was life changing for me, and realizing there is so much common ground? That's what really made it that way. (thumbs up)

* The politicians can all go climb a tree. We, as citizens, need to come together, eh? We can all argue over the little stuff which divides us, if we ever get far enough for that to really matter as a topic, IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join