It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were on The Walking Dead what would you do to survive???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Why? don't they seek refuge in abandon military bases w/ crafts for air & water transport and other things... If 1 was welcome into a camp would stay re-gather help out then carry on to a more secure location.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

spartacus699

MysterX

Well...i wouldn't be doing what the moronic show writers make the characters do, that's for sure.

The safest place?

The ocean...afaik, zombies aren't great at swimming.

A boat, probably a fully stocked would be easily found at any harbour or marina would be the best bet for survival.

Sail or motor to a smallish, remote island.

Scout for zombie locals who may give you trouble and get rid of them, then you're sitting pretty.

Live on the island until either the zombies run out of dinner victims on the mainland and starve, or the infection / virus causing the mutation itself mutates into something like a common cold (or whatever).

Why anyone would feel the need to stay on the mainland surrounded by millions of flesh eating zombies is beyond me.

That's easy to say but when you're surrounded by walkers, in a prison, in the center most land locked state, with no other safe people around that you know of. So you'd just abandon them and start walking toward the coast? That would make you a sell out, and uncle tom, you sold out your people to try and find an island.

edit on 24-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

You do know the program takes place in Georgia and it is not land locked.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
While a prison may be a fine strategic locale to hold up for a while during a zombie apocalypse, the one they are in sucks.
They are holed up in the former north west Georgia boot camp and probation detention center. A minimum security facility. The back gate area they keep driving through was notorious for escapes.
Not an hour north of there is a maximum security facility with much more area, stronger, renforced fencing, gun towers, and dosent have woods growing right up to the guard line.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Probably beg them to write me off the show...cause I'd rather watch it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is what I hope its like.....so I can laugh all day long.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

spartacus699
Like a couple pop cans attached as a trip. so if something hits the fence the pop cans start rattling.

Pop cans!! Great idea, I'd surround myself with pop cans.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would go to an island. Some lakes have nice islands in them. I am already close to the Atlantic Ocean by 100 miles. The Walking Dead show takes place in Atlanta Georgia. There are a few large lakes near that city within 100 miles. I would take the horse, if I were a character, and head South East through the farm lands. Arriving near the Cumberland/ Jekyll Island area. Although, it still gets fairly cold there in Georgia in the winter. Growing plants in Georgia's poor sandy soil would not be too good. South Florida and the US Virgin Islands would be the places to go.

In this Zombie apocalypse story wouldn't the nuclear power plants start having reactor melt downs without humans monitoring the machines and electricity working? In this case, I would head for Mexico or South America right away. By horse.
edit on 31-10-2013 by frugal because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'd let maggie know what time it is, then I'd get to work on the horde of zombies at the gates.

why not stay at the prison and make the best of it?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
First, I wouldn't hole up anywhere. You become a sitting duck for other humans/walkers/disease whatever. I'd stay on the move, constantly.

If you stayed in one spot, eventually you'd ransack all the supplies from all the homes and stores nearby pretty quick. Each supply run would take longer and longer, and you'd be putting yourself in harms way more often.

I'd travel light and fast, never staying in one place long enough to get comfortable. I would also avoid all other humans if at all possible.

In a zombie apocalypse, does anyone else think a Cabella's store would turn into a blood-soaked death match arena?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Considering that there are more zombies than humans around, earth needs to be re-populated with humans, so I`d take a group of say 20 women to a nice private and uninhabited island that contains luxury bungalows and plenty of food and I`d make love to all 20 in order to ensure the survival of humanity.

Just thinking practically.

I wouldn't be 'making love' to them that's for sure.

Shagging them silly would be more like it...mind you, with that much abuse my willy would probably turn zombie and start attacking people on it's own!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Cardio
The Double Tap
Beware of Bathrooms
Wear Seat Belts
No Attachments
Etc.

Here here! I just watched that last night! My favorite scene: "I can't believe I shot Bill Murray!"

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If possible you want to be where there are the least concentrations of humans, which would also mean the least concentrations of Zombies. Anywhere from the North Central US up through Canada would be a very good place. Lots of resources, ie lumber and wildlife, Ton's of lakes to stay out of trouble on. Weather would be harsh but you would have to deal with it and bring as many supplies as you could up with you.

The only way to survive would be to wait out the zombies, eventually they run out of food.

You'd have to go where people wouldn't be in the first place.

Once you got there I would create lots of those spiked barriers, zombies seem pretty dumb. If I had the proper heavy equipment I would dig LOTS of small trenches with spikes on the bottom as well. Lots of concentric circles of both of those would eventually form a pretty solid barrier around your centrally place well defended area, Like a prison or large factory or Military base. Being close to lakes with them as your final escape route would be as good as it gets in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Everybody will try to head to islands, too obvious.

Now a Nuclear powered Carrier , Now you are talking as long as you can figure out water supply.
edit on 31-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I agree about the islands. It would be a "Lord of the Flies" live action movie on some of them. Humans killing other humans for the right to live on the island.

Besides, we now know when you die you turn. Tropical places have all kinds of nasty diseases, catch one and your'll turn.

My vote would be to go North. Zombies can't chase you when they're frozen, and you can always dig a hidey-hole and keep it well insulated and warm. I'd study how the Inuit people's survived in Greenland/Canada. I'm not a big fan of seal or whale meat, but hey it's food.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Desalinate the seawater...water sorted.

The problem with the rows of spikes idea, is that yeah it will stop the zombies but pretty quickly the zombie bodies would pile up and overwhelm the spikes...in the end, the zombies would just use the impaled bodies as a ramp...then, use you as a buffet.

Humanity wouldn't die out, even if we did turn zombie when individuals died. All that would happen, would be at the time of death, natural or otherwise, part of an attending doctors duties would be to immediately sever the head of the dead..no zombie.

If you couldn't get to an island, or a large ship etc. going high would be the next best option.

An eerie type camp, perched high atop a mountain, like a buddhist monastery or similar.

Zombies can't climb mountains any better than they can swim.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yep, go where people won't or even better, where people have never really populated. Siberia and Lots of Canada spring to mind. Harsh conditions but you can survive it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by pavil

I agree about the islands. It would be a "Lord of the Flies" live action movie on some of them. Humans killing other humans for the right to live on the island.

Besides, we now know when you die you turn. Tropical places have all kinds of nasty diseases, catch one and your'll turn.

My vote would be to go North. Zombies can't chase you when they're frozen, and you can always dig a hidey-hole and keep it well insulated and warm. I'd study how the Inuit people's survived in Greenland/Canada. I'm not a big fan of seal or whale meat, but hey it's food.

How you going to catch a whale???

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Find myself an island big enough to live on and farm on. Zombies aint' swimming. The end.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

MysterX

The problem with the rows of spikes idea, is that yeah it will stop the zombies but pretty quickly the zombie bodies would pile up and overwhelm the spikes...in the end, the zombies would just use the impaled bodies as a ramp...then, use you as a buffet.

Yes but you would be doing maintenance on them. In the areas I'm Talking about the normal human population density is very low. Montana's avg population density per Sq Mile is 6.8 people per Sq Mile and that's factoring in the bigger cities there. I'm talking about being WAAAAY off the beaten path. No Zombie Herds where I'd be at.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would introduce a revolutionary new weapon that is silent and keeps the zombies at a distance. I would call it a spear. Here we are on season 4 and no one has made a fricken spear? are you kidding me? A boar spear would be perfect. Then introduce the idea of moving to a nice island. Or maybe I would only bring up the idea to Michonne, cause she would be an awesome zombie survival partner.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If I were stuck in that prison, the first thing I would do is try to get others to help me clear the walkers out, section by section. And dispose of the bodies.

Second, I would reinforce the fence.

Then I would search for an excavator and some diesel. With the excavator I would dig a wide, deep trench outside the prison walls. So the hordes of zombies would have nowhere to go but down rather than into the fence. It would also keep the occasional human from wandering in through a hole in the back of the prison.

Next I would do is construct a drawbridge to facilitate the coming and going of vehicles.

I would live in one of the watch towers instead of living in a cell block. I'd rather be in an elevated position than down on biting level in case somebody turns while I'm sleeping.

Then comes the farming and procreating. Until the Governor comes along and ruins everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join