It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 19 : the rider on the white horse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And since Jesus was called Faithful and True, then if that's the rider on the white horse, then what did the rider do? He went forth to conquer death. And who conquered death? Jesus.
You are using a circular argument by first assuming that the person being called faithful and true was Jesus, then saying that is an argument that the person being called that is Jesus.

There isn't anything about a rider "conquering death".
edit on 24-10-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
@warminindy.............the verse about Jesus' heavenly name does not establish the identity of the mysterious rider. Reason being the riders description does not resemble Jesus.... But is instead a completely different character. The rider is a described as a hero, warrior and a conquerer.... But is NOT called by other titles reserved exclusively for Jesus in the bible - Messiah, word of God etc, There is NOTHING in that passage that suggests the rider was actually the man who was once persecuted and ''killed''.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Also, Jesus' name is mentioned just a few verses prior to the description of the rider. So why suddenly stop short of mentioning the rider as ''Jesus''? This clearly points to the rider being someone other than Jesus. ''faithful and true'' is most probably the ''rightly guided one''. God knows best.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I actually have a strange take on Revelation here. Since you brought up the question I'll explain it here. What the symbols of Revelation are is references. References to old testament prophesies. And I actually made a number of connections using that theory. So here is the connections on the horsemen.

The white horseman. To start with what I figured out was you need to look for what's missing. And what's missing? The arrows. It's not natural for a bowman to go to war without arrows. It's not natural to even say "bow" by itself. It's bow and arrows. So I thought about it and realized where the arrows were. 2nd Kings 13.

According to the story Elisha fired an arrow and then told Joash the king of Israel at the time to fire arrows out the window. Each arrow being a victory in his future war with Syria. But he only fired 3 arrows.

So then I went looking for a end time prophecy that had a king with a war and he gets only 3 or 4 victories. And found it in Daniel 11. Counting the victories in the prophecy I found the king of the south gets 4 victories here. 3 outright victories and a Pyrrhic victory in repelling the 1st invasion from the north.

It would appear that the 1st horseman is the king of the south of Daniel 11.

Then the 2nd horseman is easy. It's the first king of Daniel 11-3. The king of Greece as Daniel puts it. The predecessor to the end time's Roman empire or kingdom of the north.

The 3rd horseman comes from the book of Zechariah. In Zechariah 6 the story was the 4 spirits of heaven were sent to find 2 persons. The branches of Zechariah. See chapters 3, 4, and 6. And the thing is each branch is to build a Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Also there is information on the branches in the book of Malachi and Revelation 11. They're the witnesses. So what the 3rd horseman is a story. The story of the appearance of the 2nd Branch/messenger/witness and the building of the end time Jewish temple.

The forth horseman is still a bit nebulous yet but based on what I already know about the first 3 I have him pegged as the little horn of Daniel 7. The 3rd ruler of the kingdom of the north in Daniel 11. The Antichrist.

Also as a sidebar. The whore of Babylon. Found her in Zechariah 5. Shinar is Babylon. So who is she? Jews and Israelites. At the time this was written it was only a couple of hundred years since the conquering of Israel and Judah. And most of them being taken away as slaves to Assyria and Babylon. And those nations eventually conquered by the Persians. The whore is people under the reign of the Antichrist.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Death rides a white horse. It means death is a white man. The white horse refers to the physical body as the soul is a rider.

<< 1   >>

join