It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius: "I'm Not Signing Up" for Obamacare and Pelosi: Obamacare's Going to "Be Beautiful"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Double take from two likely suspects !!

HHS Secretary Sebelius say "No" I already got insurance.

Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi say "It will be Beautiful"

Well I'm shell shocked by the obvious hypocrisy !!

At least Sebelius could have made the token sacrifice don't you think ?

Videos Included !!

In an interview with CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta Tuesday night, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said she won't be enrolling in the problem-plagued health insurance system that she was charged to implement.

"I have created an account on the site. I have not tried signing up, because I have insurance," she told Gupta.

Sebelius

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) said Wednesday that Obamacare is "going to be a beautiful thing" that allows people to have "freedom."

While admitting that the Obamacare website is having problems that are “beyond glitches," she insisted that “somebody should fix it.”

“The situation right now is unacceptable," said Pelosi. "It’s unfortunate.

Pelosi

edit on Oct-24-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Talking to walls is not representation.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If it is so great, why aren't they the first to sign up??

Be leaders, set the example!!

"Lead by example" the saying goes...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I agree with you 100% on you comment's. It's like we're forced to be governed by kindergarten students. This whole administration, is a joke. And we, have Rand Paul trying to get things changed, to hold congress and the likes, to the same standards as Americans. Although, the same people have to vote on it. So, highly unlikely to pass.

Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can't remember the article I read yesterday but someone important went to have a meeting with Obama about this debacle and they only got President Valerie Jarrett.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

If it is so great, why aren't they the first to sign up??

Be leaders, set the example!!....

You have to be kidding. The last budget bill before shutdown gave the Democrats everything they wanted except for two things.

.....Senate Democrats have made it perfectly clear that they’d rather shut down the federal government than accept even the most reasonable changes to ObamaCare,” Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell countered.

The latest House bill, which the chamber backed on a 228-201 vote, would have delayed the law's individual mandate while prohibiting lawmakers, their staff and top administration officials from getting government subsidies for their health care....
link

Obama is only interested in obamacare for the peons.

...During his interview with Sebelius, Stewart repeatedly sought an answer from the secretary on why big businesses got a delay in their Obamacare mandate to provide affordable health insurance to their employees, while individuals did not get a delay in their Obamacare mandate making them purchase health care or face a penalty.

In a rare monologue at the end of the show, Stewart said he remained confused and that he suspected that the secretary may have been lying to him.

“I still don’t understand why individuals have to sign up and businesses don’t, because if the businesses — if she’s saying, ‘well, they get a delay because that doesn’t matter anyway because they already give health care,’ then you think to yourself, ‘f..ck it, then why do they have to sign up at all,’” he said. “And then I think to myself, ‘well, maybe she’s just lying to me.’”
link

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

"I have created an account on the site. I have not tried signing up, because I have insurance," she told Gupta.

Not to be a stick in the mud or anything, but I believe that the bolded part is a very good reason for not signing up on the exchanges. If she already has health insurance and is able to keep it, why should she be forced to drop it and go through the exchanges? That is a double standard against the American people. Americans who aren't being dropped from their insurance are allowed to keep their existing insurance and aren't being forced to go on the exchanges. Now I understand that many Americans are losing their insurance, but that is an issue with the insurance companies not Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sebelius already has health insurance, why would she go to the exchanges? The exchanges are meant mostly for people who do not get insurance through their employer, small businesses, and self employed people.

No one should be surprised that no federal employee is going to sign up for the exchange, besides Congress and their staff who are forced to now get insurance through the exchanges. This would be like accusing federal employees of not collecting unemployment because they are already employed, and then acting like they aren't doing it because the unemployment system is flawed.

You are probably the 3rd person on this site I have heard try to make a big deal out of Sebelius, who is already 100% compliant with the ACA, is not signing up for insurance through the exchanges.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Lol everyone that is already receiving insurance through their employers is not required to sign up for Obamacare.

If you are not currently insured then you need to enroll in Obamacare.
edit on 10/24/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Sebelius already has health insurance, why would she go to the exchanges? The exchanges are meant mostly for people who do not get insurance through their employer, small businesses, and self employed people.

No one should be surprised that no federal employee is going to sign up for the exchange, besides Congress and their staff who are forced to now get insurance through the exchanges. This would be like accusing federal employees of not collecting unemployment because they are already employed, and then acting like they aren't doing it because the unemployment system is flawed.

You are probably the 3rd person on this site I have heard try to make a big deal out of Sebelius, who is already 100% compliant with the ACA, is not signing up for insurance through the exchanges.

You know as well as anybody that it's all about *Perception*.

The politicians need to show some leadership skills, not arrogance.

The average person doesn't know much about the details of the PPACA.

People do what they *Think* they're supposed to do, and the politicians are supposed to be the 'role models'.

With high leaders doing nothing but double talk, how are people supposed to understand ?

Does "psy-ops" ring a bell with you ?

top topics

join