It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Tales of Haunted Dolls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

OHHHH Robert The Doll!!

I so want to go see him. He is in FL and not that far from me either.

My friend and I years ago sat around and told ghost stories and she is by far terrified of this doll. I would love to get a replica and post it at her house or on her car at some random place. LOL Mean? NAh, it would be hilarious!

For the record. I completely believe Robert the Doll is "haunted."

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you."

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is a cool thread, very creepy. I was surprised that the following haunted dolls weren't in it:

Annibel

Mandy

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There's always my favorite vacation spot--The Island of Dolls in Mexico:

www.isladelasmunecas.com...

I've read a bit about haunted dolls over the years, and I cannot fathom why anyone would bring one into their home. Apparently, some people actually collect them. Whether they are truly haunted or not, the creep factor alone would steer me far clear of bringing a weird old doll into my house. *Shudders*

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wow, that is weird. A haunted Raggedy Ann Doll. I have a very big one but my mom made it so it's safe! Creepy story!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That is also a creepy story. My mom was a doll collector. I have some of her dolls but none scare me. I have a family member who I think is scared of dolls. I dont like clowns!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When my oldest daughter was young, I started buying her porcelain dolls. She had several by the time my second daughter was born. I noticed someone had turned one particular doll facing the wall, but
left the others alone. I asked my kids who was doing this and my youngest said that one doll scared her so she turned it to face the wall . I asked her if she wanted me to take it away, and she said " No, I just don't want to look in her eyes."

Twenty years and several houses later, we have somehow packed away all the dolls but one. She still stands nose to nose with the wall where she will remain.
She's become a tradition of sorts and the fact that she is facing the wall is creepy in itself.

edit on 24-10-2013 by virraszto because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When I was about 5 years old, my grandmother gave me a life-sized doll for my birthday. That thing gave me the creeps! It sat in a rocking chair in my bedroom, and at night, I would swear I could see the chair rocking just a little bit. I used to turn on my side, away from the doll because it scared me to look at her. One night, I was turned towards the wall, and just as I was going to sleep, I felt a little peck on my cheek. I whipped my head around, but could see nothing out of place. The next day I asked my mom if she had come in to kiss me the night before, and she said she didn't.
Probably just an overactive imagination of a 5-year-old, but I demanded that the doll be taken out of my room. It got put in the attic, and I think my mom eventually gave it away. Creepy!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

virraszto
When my oldest daughter was young, I started buying her porcelain dolls. She had several by the time my second daughter was born. I noticed someone had turned one particular doll facing the wall, but
left the others alone. I asked my kids who was doing this and my youngest said that one doll scared her so she turned it to face the wall . I asked her if she wanted me to take it away, and she said " No, I just don't want to look in her eyes."

Twenty years and several houses later, we have somehow packed away all the dolls but one. She still stands nose to nose with the wall where she will remain.
She's become a tradition of sorts and the fact that she is facing the wall is creepy in itself.

edit on 24-10-2013 by virraszto because: spelling error

That is creepy. Does that doll have strange looking eyes or just a weird feeling from them? I'd also face it towards the wall.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

kaylaluv
When I was about 5 years old, my grandmother gave me a life-sized doll for my birthday. That thing gave me the creeps! It sat in a rocking chair in my bedroom, and at night, I would swear I could see the chair rocking just a little bit. I used to turn on my side, away from the doll because it scared me to look at her. One night, I was turned towards the wall, and just as I was going to sleep, I felt a little peck on my cheek. I whipped my head around, but could see nothing out of place. The next day I asked my mom if she had come in to kiss me the night before, and she said she didn't.
Probably just an overactive imagination of a 5-year-old, but I demanded that the doll be taken out of my room. It got put in the attic, and I think my mom eventually gave it away. Creepy!!!

All your stories about dolls are creeping me out. After guests leave I always notice one doll is not on the chair it is always sitting on the floor the next day. Since my mom had made that doll it doesnt scare me. I dont honestly know why it isnt in my room. Maybe becuase I out grew my doll stage. I never collected them like my mom did. I was always surprised to see the price tags. Some were over 600 bucks each. Before I posted this thread I had never heard of haunted dolls. Freaky!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

kaylaluv

All your stories about dolls are creeping me out. After guests leave I always notice one doll is not on the chair it is always sitting on the floor the next day. Since my mom had made that doll it doesnt scare me. I dont honestly know why it isnt in my room. Maybe becuase I out grew my doll stage. I never collected them like my mom did. I was always surprised to see the price tags. Some were over 600 bucks each. Before I posted this thread I had never heard of haunted dolls. Freaky!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Rhoswen
There's always my favorite vacation spot--The Island of Dolls in Mexico:

www.isladelasmunecas.com...

I've read a bit about haunted dolls over the years, and I cannot fathom why anyone would bring one into their home. Apparently, some people actually collect them. Whether they are truly haunted or not, the creep factor alone would steer me far clear of bringing a weird old doll into my house. *Shudders*

I agree that I'd never buy any doll that claimed to be haunted. I wonder if the human hair on them has any effect.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My mother has a collection of dolls and one of them is old - not exactly sure how old but i've always thought it was a bit freaky.

One time, I slept in one of her spare rooms which had her collection on the shelves. I was lying in bed in the morning when I heard a soft thump. I looked around the room to figure out what had made the noise and then found that the doll had fallen off the shelf and landed on the carpet. No other dolls were disturbed and nothing had bumped the shelves or anything.

Bit freaky!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is haunted doll in Hokkaido, Japan. Its kept in Mannenji temple since 1938. The doll is called Okiku-Chan, named after its owner. It was bought by 17-years old Eikichi Suzuki for his little sister, Okiku. She played with that doll every day until she died in cold. The family placed it on altar and prayed every day for Okiku. Sometime later they noticed the doll's hair started to grow. Now its kept in Mannenji temple, and there is ceremony on every year when people trim the doll's hair. This story is really creepy.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have seen "Robert" in several of his "locations" over the years...he is indeed very creepy!

Strage thing is I did NOT know of the "legend" the first time I saw him and told the person I was with that there was "something about that damn doll I don't like" so who knows, maybe he is unique?

I "do believe" based on several experiences first hand during my life.

I also believe some things are best "left" as they are.

I make dolls sometimes, it's a very creative medium and I will honestly say that I never know who or how or what a doll will end up looking like once I begin the process.

I often say it "takes on a life of itself" as I breath into it while it's being constructed!

I do think dolls can hold a spiritual or other connection, I have several I have collected that are very unusual, some Indian tribal ones in particular...

Funny though: I have one that is an "actual" voodoo doll made by a reigning Priestess and it's the one that kids love to toss around and play with when they visit so I think she's perfectly fabulous and fine!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I found this one for sale on ebay. It's definitely creepy.

Image:

i.ebayimg.com...$T2eC16hHJIcFHNm3sIumBS,tVrJ+CQ~~60_12.JPG

The story behind this doll from the seller is painful to read, as it's all in caps.

HAUNTED DOLL FOUND IN AN ANTIQUE SHOP

IN 1999 COLRADO SPRINGS CO, A MOTHER WENT TO AN ANTIQUE SHOP BUYING THIS BEAUTIFUL DOLL FOR HER GRANDDAUGHTER, SHE DID NOT KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND THE DOLL UNTILL STRANGE OCCURANCES TOOK PLACE A YEAR LATER AFTER PURCHASING THE DOLL, THEY NAMED HER KATRINA! THE DAUGHTER CECILIA LOVED THE DOLL SO MUCH SHE NOT ONLY GAVE IT A NAME,BUT TOOK HER EVERYWHERE, CECILIA WAS BEING LAID DOWN TO SLEEP BY HER MOTHER,ONE NIGHT WHEN HER MOTHER CAME TO CHECK ON HER DAUGHTER SHE HEARD CECILIA SCREAMING AND NOTICED THE LIGHT WAS FLICKERING ON AND OFF THE FAMILY THOUGHT THEIR WAS A SHORT SOMEWHERE, SO THE HOUSE WAS CHECKED BY A ELECTRICIAN WHICH FOUND NO SUCH THING. THE NEXT MORNING CECILIA WENT TO SCHOOL AND WHEN SHE OPEND HER BACKPACK THERE WAS( KATRINA) THE DOLL INSIDE, CECILIA SAID; MOMMY I FOUND KATRINA IN MY BACKPACK TODAY! NO ONE KNEW HOW SHE GOT INSIDE. ONE COLD AND SNOWY MORNING THE MOTHER WENT OUT SIDE AND SHE WAS CALLING HER DAUGHTER FOR DINNER, SHE NOTICED FOOT PRINTS IN THE SNOW THEY WERE VERY SMALL AND LOOKED LIKE HUMAN PRINTS!, SHE WALKED A LITTLE FURTHER FINDING THE DOLL IN THE SNOW, AFTER ASKING CECILIA, SHE DENIED PUTTING THE DOLL THERE, ONEDAY THE MOTHER WENT TO THE ANTIQUE SHOP TO FIND OUT WERE THE DOLL ORIGINATED FROM AND IT WAS SAID; THAT A CHILD WHO OWNED IT PASSED A WAY FROM A SICKNESS. THE DOLL IS 10 1NCHES TALL PORCILIN HANDS AND FACE

edit on 25-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
stuffed teddy bear count? first week of april of 2002, my wife and 7 year old daughter were out in florida. i could not get away from work. our son was at my in laws, so i was completely alone. daughter had a 4ft tall snow white teddy bear. can NOT miss it! middle of that week, went to work. came home for lunch. some thing was not right and i could not put my finger on it. place WAS locked. i looked around the living room, and there was the teddy bear. it had been in our daughters room all week. it was even sitting in the same spot i had been in the night before while i was watching movies. i called around. no family or friends had been y. some how that bear came out of our daughter's room and wound up on the couch. i KNOW that it was not there in the morning when i went out to work.

still remains a mystery!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I used to visit Key West every year for a winter get away. I remember seeing Robert but I think it was at a house before being moved to the East Martello Museum. Years later I was shocked to see the doll on a Travel Channel presentation. He definitely creeps me out!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

The SyFy show, Destination Truth, did an episode on Isla de las Munecas. I had never heard of it, and I can now say with certainty it's nowhere I ever intend on visiting.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That is one creepy doll. When I bought this property I am on now the previous owner had put these old dolls in bushes and trees at the side facing down the hill. This was very creepy but may have been to deter foxes....... or something else. Some are still there and they give everyone the creeps including me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join