It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wonder Years - One of the Best TV Shows of All Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hello all. First off, I did a search for Wonder Years threads and came up with nothing. However, I do not trust the ATS search so if there threads already started, apologies.

The last couple of months I have been re-watching The Wonder Years on Netflix. I remember loving the show when it aired in the 90's. Though it took place in the late 60's-early 70's, I was about the same age as Fred Savage (Kevin) on the show and I was going through a lot of the things his character was going through. I could relate.

The Wonder Years

Now that I'm in my thirties with a family of my own (ironically 3 kids, oldest a girl, and two boys), I've gained a whole new appreciation for this show. I truly believe it is some of the best television ever made. Sure, there are some stinkers, but as a whole this series touches so many life experiences that all of us have gone through at one point or another growing up. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the show. Do you love it? Do you hate it? What are some of your favorite episodes/moments in the series? Least favorite?

These are my favorites so far. I've just started the fifth season and will add more to this thread.

The Pilot (1st) - Although there are 6 seasons, the pilot is still up there as my favorite. Everything about it is perfect. The closing scene where Kevin & Winnie kiss is great

My Father's Office (1st) - Great episode where Kevin and Jack have a great talk and Kevin has a new understanding of his father.

Whose Woods Are These? (2nd) - One of the best closing scenes in the series. Really makes me look back at my childhood friends and the great times we had.

Goodbye (3rd) - We've all know teachers like Mr. Collins. Gut wrenching episode.

Daddy's Little Girl (3rd) - Now that I have a daughter, I need Kleenex for this episode.

The Cost Of Living (4th) - Great episode with Kevin and Jack. Love the ending.

Heartbreak (4th) - The scene when Winnie breaks up with Kevin and the Beach Boys "God Only Knows" playing in the background. Perfect.

Denial (4th) - The party scene where Kevin sees Winnie with another guy. Stylistics "You Are Everything" in background. Great scene at the end when Jack hugs a crying Kevin.

The Accident (4th) - Scene at end where Kevin says "I Love You" through the window to Winnie.

So ATS, what say you?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We'll I did always have a crush on Olivia DAbo (and her sister too) and I saw Winnie in Playboy.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Fair enough...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Series finale chokes me up everytime...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I truly believe it is some of the best television ever made.

There was so much explored on this terrific show in regard to growing up with all the variable relationship dynamics quite relate-able to our own lives. I was a youth growing up with this series and it will always hold a special place within reflecting upon the ways it could 'emotionally tug' like few could in my life.

Interestingly I only recently mentioned this series to a very special person in my life who had not heard of it before (she was never much of a TV viewer) and you reminded me that I must show her at least a few episodes in experiencing life through the eyes of Kevin Arnold

The relationship ups and downs, hurting the ones you love most, so true to life.

edit on 23-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Nice vids. I don't know how you could watch a few episodes and not be hooked instantly. I don't think the series gets the credit it should. I've never watched a tv show that has sparked so many childhood memories and emotions. I guess that's why I love it so much.
edit on 23-10-2013 by jtrenthacker because: Words are hard

top topics

join