It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon to Assist Government with Fixing ACA Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looks like they're at it again, and will be spending... thats not right, WASTING valuable government dollars on a fix for an already busted system!

WASHINGTON — The international telecommunications company Verizon has been tasked with helping the government fix the federal health exchange, USA TODAY has learned.

An informed source in the telecommunications industry said Verizon's Enterprise Solutions division has been asked by the Department of Health and Human Services to improve the performance of the HealthCare.gov site, which is a key component of the Affordable Care Act. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement had not been made official.

News Source

Thoughts, anyone?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just what Verizon needs, more access to consumer data...

ETA: Everytime Ive read a news story the past year, when it deals with US Government, this is what plays in my head.

I think somethins wrong with me...

edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: eta: Some humor to this pathetic situation

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Honestly, it was just a matter of time before more ways were found to throw money at a problem which NEVER should have occurred in the first place!

benrl: Im at work currently and cant view online videos :'( Will check it when I get back to the dorm and inform of hilarity given the situation
edit on 21-10-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Government is good for two things, Spending more than they say, and doing it at a level you would expect for 1/100th of the cost.

seriously, play that Youtube clip anytime you read News about the US government, its the only thing keeping me from weeping at this point...

ETA: on 2nd thought do it with any depressing news, I left it on while reading the thread on suicide epidemic and couldn't help but crack a smile.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by kingofyo1

Government is good for two things, Spending more than they say, and doing it at a level you would expect for 1/100th of the cost.

I WORK for them, I should know first hand, right?

seriously, play that Youtube clip anytime you read News about the US government, its the only thing keeping me from weeping at this point...

This should be a great video
cant wait to view!

ETA: on 2nd thought do it with any depressing news, I left it on while reading the thread on suicide epidemic and couldn't help but crack a smile.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join