It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindest respects (when Rodinus and Cody met) With pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Apparently Rod's busy

I gonna rush this bit because I want to get to the drunken Saturday night. But it would be remiss of me to miss it out.

We can recap at a later time with Rod.

Rod and his lovely family took us to his hunting lodge, a bit of a naff shed in the middle of nowhere, with the odd chimney or 2 Rod will tell you the exact amount but I seem to remember 228 chimneys

Rod's always been a bit of a show off and likes to call it his "shed"

What can I say ?

There are so many beautiful things about Rod's shed, but three really stick out in my memory.

1: The graffiti, it was stunning, unfortunately we both forgot to take pics of it, like a couple of muppets

So much symbololgy and beautiful script.

2: This double helix staircase, reputedly designed by Leonardo de Vinci, we ran, Well Rod huffed and puffed our way up it, I started one side with Rod and Mrs C. Mrs R and R junior started the other, the most amazing thing is you pass each other every 180 degrees, but only see each other through the windows.
Quite mind blowing.

3: There was obviously a very hard battle fought there, I know Rod's champagne is good not sure I'd kill for it
. It kind of reminded of the bullet holes in the old city of Jerusalem, you could trace the battle by the scars left.

It was my turn to buy lunch. So sparing no expense Mrs C and I ate a couple of these

And showed our gratitude by making sure Rod and co. didn't starve

Cody

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Rodinus

cody599
Sorry I'm late traffic was a nightmare

So Rod if you have time would you like to continue ?

Cody

Not tonight Josephine unfortunately... did you see my post 4 above?

Been up since 5 this morning and absolutely shagged out..........

Kindest respects

Rodinus

No problems mate, I'm up at 5 everyday

We'll call it night for now, I know how important family time is to you.

Hugs and love to you all

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Whoops, sorry folks, but under a lot of work pressure right now.

So, a little history lesson for you all :

There are actually 365 chimneys in that castle which calls for alot of wood chopping!

The royal Château de Chambord at Chambord, Loir-et-Cher, France, is one of the most recognizable châteaux in the world because of its very distinct French Renaissance architecture which blends traditional French medieval forms with classical Renaissance structures. The building, which was never completed, was constructed by King François I.

Chambord is the largest château in the Loire Valley ; it was built to serve as a hunting lodge for François I, who maintained his royal residences at Château de Blois and Château d'Amboise. The original design of the Château de Chambord is attributed, though with several doubts, to Domenico da Cortona. Some authors claim that the French Renaissance architect Philibert Delorme had a considerable role in the château's design and others have suggested that Leonardo da Vinci may have designed it.

Chambord was altered considerably during the twenty-eight years of its construction (1519–1547) during which it was overseen on-site by Pierre Nepveu. With the château nearing completion, François showed off his enormous symbol of wealth and power by hosting his old archnemesis, Emperor Charles V at Chambord.

In 1792, some of the furnishings were sold and timber removed. For a time the building was left abandoned, though in the 19th century some attempts were made at restoration. During the Second World War art works from the collections of the Louvre and Compiègne were moved to Château de Chambord. Now open to the public, in 2007 the château received 700,000 visitors.

Source here en.wikipedia.org...

Cody and i had a great time trying to decipher some of that graffiti on the walls there and we saw some very strange symbols, this wlink will give you an idea of some of the graffiti : www.routard.com...

Another pretty wicked site was the amount of bullet holes on the outside walls... you could actually picture the ferocious battles that must have taken place during WWII!

Over to you mate for the night of the attack of the pink gerbils

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

You can come visit me anytime

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'll start this evening mate when I get home.

You gonna be around ?

And thanks gor the history of the chateau
That was a great day

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
How fun!

Thanks for sharing the bromance with us

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Wow that castle is amazing. I would love to se the inside of that thing!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

zazzafrazz
How fun!

Rod proposed to Cody at that castle.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Glad you're enjoying it zazzafrazz

It starts to get interesting when I get home
tonight. in about 8hours.

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Night Star

zazzafrazz
How fun!

Rod proposed to Cody at that castle.

And what a proposition it was

Rod you weirdo I'm not that sort of boy. But of course you knew the answer
would be yes.

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

*RUNS FAST WHILST CLENCHING BOTTOM CHEEKS*

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I should have locked him up in one of those towers

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When I posted my original "Getting to know you, Getting to know ALL about you" thread about myself, I specifically stated that I was looking to meet like minded folks...

Well, low and behold, someone local popped up, we met for happy hour, and since have gotten our families together more than once and had a wonderful time!

There are good people here. I strongly advocate getting out and making the effort to meet, get to know each other, and form real and lasting friendships!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Way to go SN... i would give you a "thumbs up emoticon" but the ones here are useless!

ATS has a bunch of weird, wonderful, intelligent and whacky people here and some of us all have many interests and things in common....

One of our "cultural" evenings that Cody and I had, also brought up the discussion of why ATS could not organise meetings or "congresses" so to speak not only in the USA, but in other countries continents too...

A wonderful way of us all getting to gether.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

HomerinNC

Be careful what you ask for, lol!!
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

SadistNocturne
When I posted my original "Getting to know you, Getting to know ALL about you" thread about myself, I specifically stated that I was looking to meet like minded folks...

Well, low and behold, someone local popped up, we met for happy hour, and since have gotten our families together more than once and had a wonderful time!

There are good people here. I strongly advocate getting out and making the effort to meet, get to know each other, and form real and lasting friendships!!!

I couldn't agree more whole heartedly

Well said

Cody (Insert thumbs up)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

jacygirl

HomerinNC

Be careful what you ask for, lol!!
jacygirl

I'll take some of that as well
I have the same picture of your avi as my
desktop

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by Night Star

I should have locked him up in one of those towers

Kindest respects

Rodinus

It was bad enough being locked in your dungeon mate.
Some things can't be unseen

Cody

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Aww Cody, hahaha....only if you promise to take me for a ride on your bike!
After me and Homer play 'blonde girl gets abducted by alien'...I might need some fresh air.
(Not saying where I keep YOUR pic, hehe)
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It was bad enough being locked in your dungeon mate.

Cody

Which reminds me Cody, would you happen to have seen a couple of leather floggers and a pair of handcuffs, they seem to have gone astray from my dungeon?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join