It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iain Duncan Smith abolishes the right to appeal ATOS assesments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A £ says Duncan-Smith does not go down in history as the compassionate and righteous saviour of the great unwashed that he clearly believes himself to be.

And his mate Chris Grayling works tirelessly to limit/remove the right of appeal, all the better to ensure the IDS/Freud reforms go unchallenged.

All the while, they can carry on with their sneering at food banks and those forced to use them. Only last week, the Trussell Trust reported there are people who return food items to the banks and report this is because they cannot afford the cost of cooking them! They can continue to pretend they care about anything other than their own vengeful and greedy agenda.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You know, just for balance, it's worth pointing out that ESA and the Work Capability Assessments are not a brain child of the Tories or IDS, but were rather brought in by Labour in 2007 and it was Labour who awarded the original contract for WCA's to ATOS.

Also, as of next year, ATOS will not have a monopoly on WCA's and the contracts will be open to competition from other providers.

So, carry on badmouthing IDS or the Tories..

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

stumason

So, carry on badmouthing IDS or the Tories..

Ok, Here we go....

IDS is a Murderer by proxy and considering you "STU" are obviously a Tory at heart...you are guilty by association, but then again "you are all right Jack" typical Tory.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't blame Ian Duncan - Smith or any of the tories. They are what they are! Corrupt, liars... greedy turncoats, everything we teach our kids not to be. Their moral compass just does not exist!!!

I DO blame the people of this country. The lazy idiots who can't be bothered to vote or learn anything about the world around them and what makes things tick! The voters who think because they are doing ok then they can vote tory or haver a company car makes them better than everyone else.

I liked to believe when Labour got in before that working class snobbery was wearing thin. Sadly no, but they are all paying for it now. Labour was far from perfect and old Gordon had a rough time of it because of his morose attitude, but hell, nothing is as bad as this. Food banks? FFS!!!! in modern day Britain!!!

Just a quick thought on immigration... wonder who the new immigrants will be voting for? The ones who have decided they like jolly old Britain and wish to stay? They must think it has potential for them and their families to have a better life. Can't see anything wrong with that. We did in the 60's and 70's! All buggered off to Canada and Australia.
When you have experienced poverty to this level would you vote tory in your host country?

HX

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bitter? of course I`m bitter. Not just about the Torys, but at every party. Which are all the same in my mind. Posh Labour are just as bad as the money grabbing Torys. Lets not even go there when the lying Libs are mentioned.
Why am I bitter? Because I had a horrible childhood mainly due to my dad, who was injured during ww2 and he used to drink like a loony to try and cope with it all. which caused all kinds of problems for me and my family. His rewards for fighting the evil nazis, was a home fit for hero`s. With our own water gas and electric companies. Plus benefits for when he could not go to work due to sickness. These benefits were won with the blood and lives of our parents/grandparents. So any tosser in government that want`s to take these benefits away, are saying that my dads 9 years of war were for nothing. Well they can spin on my middle finger as far as I am concerned. Thatcher? The witch? yes she was a witch alright. Sold off the family silver at a time when we had just discovered oil. So she had no excuses for a shortage of money. What did she leave for the country? Nothing she left nothing, but a an evil stench. No doubt that stench rubbed off her great friend jimmy savile, who she spent 10 xmas`s with. Wonder what she and the child rapist mentor of big ears talked about. It sure was nothing good for us the people.
The homes fit for hero`s? She started selling them off and at the same time stopped any from being newly built.
Millions from the sale of the family silver and then the oil revenue. But the lions who were led by donkeys didnt get any of it. Same as today, the poorest in our soceity are having to pay for the screw ups. That were caused by the banksters and the lying two faced slobs in government.
The sooner we have a revolution and kick all these scum out of office the better.
edit on 22-10-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not to worry we shall, Labour had more votes than the conservatives but cleggy hated and feared brown, now I hated brown and blair as with growing despair I was met with a party of hypocrites but as god is my whitness I would most certainly preferre that bunch of lying corrupt hypocrite's to the lying corrupt hypocrite's we have in power (poor hypractese how we abuse his name).

Oop's did I make some speeleeen misteekys ageen deed I, god I hate such pedantic dribble as taking someone down for there gramma, plagerised or not it was relevant and correct to include it if inconvenient for your argument,. I'd bet most with that attitude have never used mobile text shorthand.

It is not how you spell or your grammatical sequencing but the content and communication that are important and while A chemical engineer needs the correct spelling for two similarly named but completely different compound's for the required chemisty to take place when he select's them from the store's when following formulae it is really not that important in day to day life or even politics for that matter, the world is full of well paid morons who can spell and know how to say "Ya" (which is the Hebrew for god or German for yes but not anything in English) while flashing there blackberry (or whatever it is nowadays) but have no real intelligence beyond how to configure there hair style for the day and that is what irks the working class the most, daddy was not rich so we did not go to Eton and get told we were going to lead the country or be leaders when we grew up and were groomed into that position, but then though disadvantaged financially and educationally most working class (and you can substitute middle lower middle class for this) are actually more intelligent (We had to learn the things that really mattered in day to day life not the fantasy barby and ken world of some disconnected Tory ponce), though they do not have the Tie or the contact's and as for officers in the Army, Air Force and Senior Service, I only have real respect for the NCO's as they had to earn there place and it was not bought for them at sandhurst ok (look at the fall of singapoor, a half decent field commander would have held out or evacuated but as it was they had a general whom was only that because of his family connections and Tie).

God some people.

edit on 22-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Ok, Here we go....

IDS is a Murderer by proxy and considering you "STU" are obviously a Tory at heart...you are guilty by association, but then again "you are all right Jack" typical Tory.

No he isn't, talk about being a drama queen. And it is telling that you have nothing to come back with other than attacks against my person this time. Is that all you can do? Personal attacks?

And describing me as an "I'm all right Jack" is way off the mark. People who need help should get it, but at the same time, people who can help themselves should. This particular thread is about the disabled and many of them are capable of doing some work. After all, aren't we told not to treat them differently from the rest of us?

LABTECH767
Not to worry we shall, Labour had more votes than the conservatives but cleggy hated and feared brown,

Did they really? I think you might want to check your facts there and stop living in some fantasy land. in the 2010 election, the Tories got 10,703,654 votes, Labour got 8,606,517 - that's a difference of nearly 2 million votes.

LABTECH767
Oop's did I make some speeleeen misteekys ageen deed I, god I hate such pedantic dribble as taking someone down for there gramma, plagerised or not it was relevant and correct to include it if inconvenient for your argument,. I'd bet most with that attitude have never used mobile text shorthand.

Actually, plagiarising work is against the site T&C's and trying to pass it off as your own just smacks of dishonesty. And no, I don't use mobile text shorthand, it is a lazy way of writing, barely makes any sense and is just as easy to write in normal English.

LABTECH767
It is not how you spell or your grammatical sequencing but the content and communication that are important and while A chemical engineer needs the correct spelling for two similarly named but completely different compound's for the required chemisty to take place when he select's them from the store's when following formulae it is really not that important in day to day life or even politics for that matter,

Actually, when trying to form a cogent argument and to get your point across, correct grammar, spelling and punctuation is important, otherwise it just detracts from the content of what you're trying to say. For example, reading your post makes me think it is being written by an 8 year old, whether it is or isn't is neither here nor there, but it makes it appear that way.

LABTECH767
the world is full of well paid morons who can spell and know how to say "Ya" (which is the Hebrew for god or German for yes but not anything in English)

Actually, German for yes is Ja, no Ya and Hebrew for God is Jahweh. You really are grasping today, aren't you?

The rest of your post is just ranting dribble that doesn't actually have any bearing in truth or sanity. Case in point, you don't buy commissions any more (they haven't since the early 1800's!) and to get into Sandhurst requires academic achievement.

As for Singapore, the Imperial forces were cut off, out of food and ammunition and had, despite taking enormous casualties against a better equipped Japanese force, held out for several days. It was only when they had exhausted their ammunition did they surrender. Pray tell, exactly how would you have fought on?

In short, you talk a lot, but once you cut through the crap spelling and constant waffling, you realise it's all nonsensical bollocks.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Fact's, Son I lived through it so check your fact's and remember, he whom writes the history, this is one of the most corrupt country's in the world that is tearing wealth from it's own poorest people to give to foreign corporations and hedge fund's.
There was anger at the fix and more than one person cried it is a rigged outcome but being english we suppressed it though in any other country they would have seen mass rally's, riot's and demonstration's so get your fact's right and stop the anti social attitude you so proudly boast, labour has not existed since this corruption and new labour led by Tony blair (his father was a lifelong Tory party member and he was a junior tory party member before moving to labour to exploit the opportunity the private money then coming into labour had made after margaret thatcher (his idol) had broke the unions - check it out and forget the spin and so he like you along with all new labour and militant's (whom were only ever in it for there own end's - very tory like eh) was a hater of real labour) was really a tory party in sheeps clothing.

Sorry if you can not live with that but it is a simple fact and despite your attempt dimantle it I am afraid you are very wrong.

Let's take a look at this country shall we, The freedom of information act was a legal requirement of being a member of the european community and the politicians became so concerned after a number of police services, public authority and there own accountant's reminded them of the fact Journalists could also use it that for a whole two and a half years before it became law they disposed of as many document's as they could shredding and burning them in breech of the spirit of the law that had been agreed, that is the police and local authority's and then politician's also brought in the DATA PROTECTION ACT (I am a licenced data protection operative so I do know what I am on about OK), this allowed them to hide a number of personal details' (all well and good except they were more concerned with there own corruption being exposed than anything else and edward snowdon show's how much they really value the privacy of there citizens as the US and BRITISH intelligence share almost all information (If not all)), this allowed them to draw a screen accross there own expenses and business interests often hidden as family assets or put into there spouses name.

This destruction of public records held by the police and local authority's also enabled them to cover up illegal seizure of private asset's and property, framed innocent's people whom languished in jail and internal corruption.

Do you know why we british never protest, because we have been BROKEN BUT NOT ALL OF US.

The lines are drawn in the sand and it is only a matter or mobilisation for we whom want justice and our own country from these traitor's.

As for the most common argument most people cry like the public of rome whom the senator's threw coins and bread to for there vote's, Maragaret thatcher allowed me to buy my house - this is totaly wrong as she merely reduced the waiting time and the replacement for the free services they once provided and payed for from rent fund's was council tax, My local authority WEST LANC's uses public fund's to give some members of it's top staff almost every weekend a break at a 5 star spa in london were they go every friday and return every sunday night to be ready for the monday fresh and relaxed to rip off yet more council tax payers, they are not alone as you being a self confessed member or the club could if you did not have vested interests relay as well, this is a fact as a member or my family whom still work's for the council was once a personaly secretary and told me all about it but I will say no more as she would suffer.

edit on 26-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

LABTECH767
Fact's, Son I lived through it so check your fact's and remember, he whom writes the history, this is one of the most corrupt country's in the world that is tearing wealth from it's own poorest people to give to foreign corporations and hedge fund's

Do you have the facts that show the UK is one of the most corrupt countries etc... The evidence takes a contrary view. I thought that the welfare state funnelled tax payers money to the poorest, but if you have evidence of a "wealth" from the poorest people (etc), then please, show. Be concise though.

LABTECH767
... The freedom of information act was a legal requirement of being a member of the european community and the politicians became so concerned after a number of police services, public authority and there own accountant's reminded them of the fact Journalists could also use it that for a whom 2 and a half years before it became law they disposed of as many document's as they could, that is the police and local authority's and the politician's also brought in the DATA PROTECTION ACT (I am a licences data protection operative so I do know what I am on about OK), ...

Not wishing to pick your post to pieces, because I respect you right to write, but FOI came after the Data Protection Act. FOI was 2000 and the DPA was 1998, I believe. Therefore, contrary to what you have stated, the DPA was NOT a reaction to the FOI! In fact, both are completely different and tackle different things entirely. The DPA is concerned with personal data and there are retention schedules to prevent your data being retained beyond use. FOI is concerned with public information. It's easy to get them muddled.

There are exclusions from both FOI and DPA, as would be expected. I am sure there are data abuses, but that's life and organisations and people have been prosecuted for such.

LABTECH767
Do you know why we british never protest, because we have been BROKEN.

You may have been broken, but I have not. Nor has anyone I know.

Now, let's get back to topic shall we? Ah, yes, some people hate and want to kill Duncan-Smith for trying to reduce the welfare bill by working out if one in ten of the working population are truly too ill to work.

Regards

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Some thing's are so obviouse they just hit you in the face and I do not want to kill anyone but lain duncan smith is a hypocrite and the method of assessment is degrading and inhuman, as for the other the other matters here is a little information on the freedom of information directive (now a directive is an act passed in the european parliament that all members have to apply in there local legislature (national law's) so as you can see from this little article the directive predates the data protection act and the government was well aware of it's requirement before patching the hole it left in there own privacy.
eur-lex.europa.eu...:31995L0046:en:HTML
As for the destruction of documents this was well publicised in the media before january the 28th 2005 when the freedom of information act became law.
So please pick away, I am correct on this issue and would back down if I was merely voicing an opinion, We do not and now never will have a proportional representation system in Britain so if you live in certain constituancy's such as Kent or greater london your vote is in essence of higher value to a person living in Merseyside or Tyneside, the politicians in many cases have passed there shares to there spouses or relatives and while in power seek to further there own vested interests, a corrupt politician is only not wanted when there actions are detrimental to the people.
No one want's scroungers but we need a safety net for our population, especially at time of financial difficulty and the wealthy whom have made or inherited there wealth from being sourced in the british economy most certainly should have to pay there Tax (which the Torys think they should not) but this is a matter or opinion, as far as welfare a work based point's scheme should be in place (by time worked and backed up by a living wage not a minimum wage below that). We should give incentives to foreign investors and Tax break's to new company's and large employers as well as new business but personal wealth should be taxed, the fat cat culture need's to be stopped DEAD and the index link between wages and cost of living restored by law as it was before Mr's T abolished it (this is why the benefits which were worth less than a third the wage at the start of her first term eventually overtook in many cased the wages payed, while the real income of the company's went up as normal the managers and directors pay accelerated ahead of the workers meaning less than 5 percent saw any benefit and the other 95 actually got poorer).
Further we need to restore our production industry and for that we also need workers, so child benefit should not be capped until 5 children have been born, I lived in a house with 7 sisters and brothers, we survived on £10 pound a week our mother recieved - she is disabled but worked all her life and never recieved disabillity benefit so I am sickened when I see someone putting it on for benefit's which is epidemic but not as epidemic as Lain Duncan SCHMIDT claim's.
I work as do my brothers and sisters and we pay our tax so we want if we need it WHAT WE HAVE PAID FOR and that is not to look after a bunch of foreigners or pay fat cat politicians to steal from us what hope we had for this country and our childrens future.

Am I bitter, no I am very Bitter indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join