It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Website Company was Fired by Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Can this get any worse? This is such gross incompetence. Who was the moron that decided on this company? This right here is another prime example as to why the US government should not be involved with healthcare. I am not saying that we shouldn't have inexpensive healthcare available for all Americans, because we should, I am just saying that this is not the way to do it.

Canadian provincial health officials last year fired the parent company of CGI Federal, the prime contractor for the problem-plagued Obamacare health exchange websites, the Washington Examiner has learned.

Because the contract terms stipulated payment only upon delivery of a satisfactory final product, the province has refused to pay CGI.

CGI Federal’s parent company, Montreal-based CGI Group, was officially terminated in September 2012 by an Ontario government health agency after the firm missed three years of deadlines and failed to deliver the province’s flagship online medical registry.

U.S. government's Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services officials refused to say if federal officials knew of its parent company’s IT failure in Canada when awarding the six contracts.

Canadian officials fired IT firm behind troubled Obamacare web

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hope the US cans them too...repeat incompetence & mismanagement should be generously rewarded...with a pink slip...for both the website management company & the idiots that hired them

ETA: Unless of course mass amounts of confusion was what they were going for...guess there's always that possibility
edit on 20-10-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well, I don't have to know who they are to know that someplace along the line they go straight back to Obama in some way through the Good Ol' Boy network.

I'd love to see a list of all the companies that were allowed to place bids for this job.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

In my Obamacare Titanic thread, I reported that this company was chosen to keep its details secret from the republicans. You know this just kills me. The US is a country of Republicans, Democrats and Independants. It belongs to all of us, and this childish and sneaky partisan bull needs to end!

the grand takeaway about the website’s failure is that O and his team made it much worse than it needed to be because they were terrified of transparency. And the reason they were terrified of transparency, both in the case of hiding the cost of the premiums from web users and hiding the site’s architectural problems from contractors who might be hauled before Congress, is because they know they’ve delivered a bad product. Put the premiums on the front page and the public, expecting “affordable care,” would recoil at the truth. Put the contractors at the witness table before Issa’s committee and the public, expecting that the government would “fix” health care, would recoil upon discovering that they can’t even build a website with three years’ lead tim

Former official: Admin refused to bring in outside help for ObamaCare website for fear GOP would subpoena them

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Not only was everything kept secret, this expensive website was only tested for one week! I myself have participated in Beta Tests before. Every time, it has been on a volunteer basis that I have done this, and the tests can last for months.

I'm sure plenty of people would have volunteered as Beta Testers if the opportunity had been around. All a Tester does is navigate around like a normal user, then report in on things that aren't working properly or are just flawed design. Too bad things were kept so secret, Beta Testing can be fun, and it is extremely useful to web designers.

Washington Examiner

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Oh dear God we're screwed.
It's nice to think because so much is wrong with Obamacare and getting through the navigation process so full of bugaboos that it would be shut down due to incompetence.
That's what I think everyone is going to be wrong about. The Feds are nothing if not stubborn and will not have their flagship piece of domination/legislation thrown out for any reasons. Those who can get through to actually become insured might get medical care, those who can't - well, too bad.
A lot of people are going be SOL over the next few years.
It's the perfect way to screw people over, even speed up their deaths if desirable and blame it on computer glitches and bureaucratic incompetence an confusion.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I honestly don't understand why the Government contracts out everything, anyway. Why was an outside company ever even used for this?

Take the NSA for example. Some of the very best and brightest coders and crackers in the world work there. Why not give them a break from violating our rights and privacy for a few weeks to have them bang out the code for a working Obamacare Website? Shouldn't take too long by true professionals who don't care what the clock hours say.

This was just another way to spread money and redistribute wealth ..... to cronies and favorites. It seems to be the same with every government program, going back. Why anyone ever thought the biggest in history for new initiatives and radical change would actually be different for corruption or raging stupidity is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I believe this is more than incompetence. The more I hear about the massive website failures...it's starting to look intentional. People were insinuating that Obamacare wouldn't be pushed through. Well, he showed us, huh? Except no one can use it AND he can blame someone else for that.

There are SO many brilliant IT peopel out there. I just cannot be convinced it was all just a big oops.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkib0421

Intentional? Yes I spoke of this suspicion early on and may have even sparked this conspiracy. An administration can't be be this grossly incompetent or can they?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I honestly don't understand why the Government contracts out everything, anyway. Why was an outside company ever even used for this?

So isn't the Conservative talking point that the private sector can do anything better than the government???

But now you are mad that they had a private company develop the website and not the government?

Sometimes Conservatives are so confusing.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I remember reading a Forbes article stating the same thing. Although there was no solid proof...it's just the way things appear. I will see if I can dig up a link.

Well, there is a fine line between incompetence and just totally, completely stupid. I would say the first applies to this administration...not the latter. There is a reason for everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Sometimes Conservatives are so confusing.

I think the source of the most confusion comes from assuming Conservatives all follow a common playbook or somehow work off talking points. Perhaps Republicans do. I don't know. I never was one beyond voter registration. Conservative is a world view, and that varies to each individual.

Some things I think Government does best and needs to be in charge of for the pure bad which comes from profit being introduced at any level. Fire, Police, Corrections and Infrastructure maintenance are among those areas. They may not always do it best (if fact, may rarely do it well) but private sector would simply make an obscenely profitable mess of roughly equal proportion.

Outside of those core services to maintain safety and order across society at the basic level? (The min. necessary so we can get on with the pursuit of Life, Liberty and the rest of it), it should be private sector in the open market ..with about 10% of the current regulation, so market forces can squash what doesn't work while what does, rises.....

This mess that is the PPACA? Well... It's the worst of both worlds in private and public, IMO. The Website is only the first sign of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The term Solyndra comes to mind.
Remember them?

I don't know if there's a limit to government corruption, but If there is, the US government will find it.

top topics

join