It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perils of Patriarchy for Men as well as Women: Another Mass Shooting, another Reason to Begin Di

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

TheRegal
HAH. I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Tell me how many times you've physically seen a woman hit her husband, and how many times you've physically seen a man hit his wife. The real statistics are hidden by the shame of spousal abuse and the unreported cases. If we saw some real statistics here, I'd bet that women are the more likely to strike first and strike repeatedly.

Well, I've seen far more spousal abuse against men by women than the other way around, and I'm a woman. I've seen more object-violence by men (tendency to punch walls) but more violence-against-person by the women. This has some category exceptions, where my observational stats go the other way. And passive aggressive verbal abuse I've seen more in men than women but that's not physical. In any case I'd agree that this particular stat is up for serious question, though I expect all of them are, for confounding and compound factors, if not other even more serious questions.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join