It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice, The Death Penalty, Religion, Economics and Hell - a terrible quandary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by PrimeLight

Good and evil are not nearly so "black and white" as you make them out to be. Compare America to Iraq. There are many things they consider morally imperative that we find abhorrent. And yet, their morals are just as clear and right as ours. They got theirs just the same way you got yours.

It is all a matter of perspective.

You are comparing apples to oranges. What you are talking about is the absolute state religion vs. another religion. I don't think you realize that Iraq is under a dictatorship of absolute state religion. You can attempt to compare that to the United States, but we are not under a state religion, as many of our representatives and congressmen to have different religions and secularist ideas. There are Christian politicians as well as Muslim and Jewish here, as well as atheist and agnostic ones.

What we have here that Iraq does not have, is the honoring (somewhat) of the Constitution. As our Constitution is the prevailing document of law, it is to that all other laws cannot conflict with. As for Iraq, having their own Constitution, but also Sharia law that governs them, then you can't compare the two countries. You have to compare ideology to ideology, that's the most important aspect. Do you feel comfortable with Sharia law just being another ideological perspective? If that's the case, then you would not have any trouble being forced under Sharia to be Muslim. And I don't think you would have any problem paying the jizyah tax as it is simply just a part of their ideological perspective. And you can't complain about it once it happens.

It's so easy to sit and condemn Christianity and bash it, because Christians aren't fighting back with swords. But no one says a thing against Sharia, because they are afraid of offending someone, however, no one is afraid of offending Christianity. So let's take it as ideology vs. ideology and then determine if it is just a matter of perspective.

Under Sharia law, you don't have to become Muslim just yet, if you pay the jizyah tax, but if you don't become Muslim, the jizyah does not guarantee protection. You are a second class citizen under Sharia and have no right under Sharia to say you disagree with their policies, no you can't even go on the internet and complain about it. Do you care then to say it's just a matter of perspective?

Their system of justice is this, if you are a kuffar, then it's ok to cut your head off, cut your arms and legs off and your children can be taken at any time against your wishes, and who knows, maybe the next dictator of Iraq would not mind to kill your family and neighbors with mustard gas, if he has a whim to do so. Is it still a matter of perspective? Ask the Khurds about the perspective in the ideology.

As long as it is simply a matter of perspective, then I don't think you would mind having Sharia law over the United States, because if it is not black and white what evil or good is, then Sharia is simply another set of laws, I think if it's a matter of perspective then that's the natural outcome.

Do they think it's evil to kill? Yes, it's evil to kill another Muslim who follows their sect, but only if they follow it to the letter and don't disagree with the imams, otherwise it's fatwa time against you. And by the way, they are so afraid of each other, they keep close watch on each other just to make sure everyone stays under Sharia. But it's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

So how does one get out from under this? You don't, if you convert to anything else, you are dead. That's plain and simple. Just because there are muslims here telling us not to worry, they just want to be our friends, they aren't telling the whole truth, they are permitted under Sharia to commit taqqiyah. Then they commit taqqiyah by telling you there's no such thing, because they know they can and do and it is permitted.

But what do you think about the perspective of forcing children to marry? Is that just another matter of perspective? If it is, then don't worry about those young girls, they are just part of the system, so they have to learn to deal with it, right? They need to get with the program. Isn't that right? Just a matter of perspective.

As an American citizen, I do not want Sharia law here. I will not bend to accept as being just another matter of perspective, it is a fascist ideology designed to destroy anything that isn't Muslim, and if you can't see that, then why should I respect your right to not express your freedom of speech, press and religious expression? But here is the challenge for you, if it is just another perspective, then why don' you go there and tell them that their perspective is simply that, nothing more than that, and tell them they need to get on with life, because it's just a perspective. I would love to see you go to one of those countries and explain to them their shortcomings and failures because they just don't get it right all the time. That would be so interesting to see that happen.

You do realize, don't you, that you can't even go to Mecca if you are not Muslim. You can anywhere else in the world, except Mecca. And it's just a matter of perspective. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen with an anonymous name and say whatever you want about Christians, but what Christian is running traces for your IP address to come and find you?

Let me tell you about an incident how those people did just that to this person...Coptic Family Slain

Is it still just a matter of perspective when they take it upon themselves to go trace a person who argued with them and then killed the whole family, just because it is a matter of perspective?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

It's so easy to sit and condemn Christianity and bash it, because Christians aren't fighting back with swords. But no one says a thing against Sharia, because they are afraid of offending someone, however, no one is afraid of offending Christianity. So let's take it as ideology vs. ideology and then determine if it is just a matter of perspective.

Erm....

YES, people here say things against Sharia....

and it's irrelevant whether or not anyone is "offended." Likewise, Christian doctrines are addressed here, regardless of who is offended. Maybe spend some time perusing the forum; then stop acting as though "Christians" are 'persecuted.'

ALL OF RELIGION is being 'persecuted' at this point in time on Earth; and rightly so.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Justice, The Death Penalty, Religion, Economics and Hell - a terrible quandary
'a terrible quandary'

reality on Earth these days it is Hell because,

-Reality of Economics

-Reality of Religion

all of them almost like a Death Penalty

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by borntowatch

A tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye will stop crime.
Your hugs and kisses legal system proves that, crime is rampant.

It's not "my" legal system, and it's certainly not "hugs and kisses".

This was a lazy answer to the questions/topic, borntowatch. You got anything else? Something with some indication that you've thought about the conundrum in question?

I'm with CdT -
I don't know how to unravel it. Would I kill to protect my children/loved ones? If I could not run, and was forced to fight, I would do my best to disable them. But my husband, a veteran, has taught me that if one has to fight, they must be determined that either they or the opponent will die, and that they will be the one to survive.

I just don't know. I didn't make this thread to espouse my own "findings" and "conclusions", because I have none, really. As others have said, "I'm conflicted."

No I havnt thought about it, no conclusions and no deep insights.

Just dont confuse Christs teachings on forgiveness with the natural law of justice.

many secularists want some sort of Christian based legal system, it doesnt work in the natural world.

Separate church and state from the legal system.

statistics indicate the death penalty stops crime, even if it doesnt, the death penalty serves out a form of justice.

This is not an answer, I dont have an answer

As for "your" legal system, it was not personnel, it was aimed at western society's in general, sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join