It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How easy or difficult is it to have someone raided by a SWAT team?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have no article to link so posted this in general chit chat although it could probably just as easily belong under posse comitatus.

In today's environment, I would argue that its incredibly easy or at-least much easier than it should be, especially in a "communist" state: NJ, NY, DC, MD, CA etc.

What would it take?

Probably nothing more than an anonymous call to a police department simply stating that:

1). Person at such and such address is a drug dealer.

2). I saw a person at such and such address with multiple guns.

And thats it.

Cops are itching to kick in doors, especially with their new toys.

One might think that cops have better things to do than follow every stupid tip that they receive but the fact is they dont. With crime at record lows, they have become revenue generators, even more so with civil forfeiture laws.

edit on 19-10-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Points 1 and 2 in your op have raised flags, expect them!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
surly though if you think about this makes sense.

Say the police have intelligence you are a drug dealer or other kind of criminal and you also happen to have a small armory of weapons it is only right they use a SWAT Team.

You wouldn't expect them to send in Officer Bob and his partner with their standard issue side arms because if things go bad those two officers, lets face it, will probably end up dead.

So for the safety of the officers a SWAT raid probably makes much more sense.

Do they over use SWAT teams, definitely, but when you have a nation with as many guns then its probably necessary.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nah I don't think so. We don't need swat teams for people who aren't bothering anyone nor harming anyone while enjoying the privacy of their own homes. and usually when it comes to even that the fourth amendment applies.

Now if you run out there in street shooting up the damn city, that's a swat team call and you should expect it because you had it comin.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's not that hard really. People have been doing this sort of thing for quite a while.
Link

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Easier than you may think.

I've been the victim of a swat team showing up at the wrong house, coming home after a long day of work to find my housemates held at automatic gunpoint, terrified and having no idea what was happening. Luckily none of us or our dogs were killed, but it was a real possibility at one point.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, because I just don't know. But it certainly happened to me, and it turned out they just had the wrong house, though until this fact dawned on them, it was a dangerous situation for all of us. It happens.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I heard of an incident in Florida where someone was mad at a neighbor and called the ATF and told them they saw the resident with automatic weapons. Apparently, they got a warrant and came while no one was there. They almost destroyed the house pulling paneling off looking for the automatic weapons (not semi-auto). When the guy got home there was the search warrant pinned He tried to get his to his door and written on it said, "nothing found". I don't think he got any payment to repair the door they busted in either. So, it will probably be a heavily armed ATF Swat Team that shows up these days. This happened almost 15 years ago.

edit on 19/10/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
surly though if you think about this makes sense.

Say the police have intelligence you are a drug dealer or other kind of criminal and you also happen to have a small armory of weapons it is only right they use a SWAT Team.

You wouldn't expect them to send in Officer Bob and his partner with their standard issue side arms because if things go bad those two officers, lets face it, will probably end up dead.

So for the safety of the officers a SWAT raid probably makes much more sense.

Do they over use SWAT teams, definitely, but when you have a nation with as many guns then its probably necessary.

Your responses very often scare me.
As soon as a call from a neighbour warrants an intrusive raid, you should leave the country, because it is on a fast way down.
You can not ever just believe an [anonymous] call as mostly we are talking people trying to 'get one over'. What should happen is this:

1. Go to the address of said caller, get their details, have someone interview them in order to find out if this is a real concern they are having or just revenge BS.
2. If there is any substance to the claim. Go to the accused house, knock and have a chat with this person also. A lot of things can be cleared up with a friendly talk. [If at this point you are worried about the safety of the officer, have two going]
3. If somehow, things seem dubious to an experienced law enforcer and after doing a little more digging, they MAY get a warrant, if no warrant can be issued, leave people the F alone.

You see, this is what should happen in a civilised society. I am very suspicious of you and your 'goody two shoe' opinions, should I call someone on you?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Just call up and tell the police that your neighbor is selling fresh milk and eggs to people.
They will bring everyone except the national guard.

top topics

join