It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not sure I want to live forever.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Rather as a perfect human right here on earth, perfect health, perfect emotional and mental health (which means you won't be whining "but I don't want to live forever")

Apparently, being content with absolute termination is a sign of poor mental health.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Rather as a perfect human right here on earth, perfect health, perfect emotional and mental health (which means you won't be whining "but I don't want to live forever")

Apparently, being content with absolute termination is a sign of poor mental health.

Lets test that theory, lets say you are healthy with a family, a wife, kids maybe even grandkids, now you have to pick a date to die and leave it all behind as you blink into non-existence ?

Hmmm can't pick one, ok I will do it for you, March 3, 2033.
Now do you still feel the same way?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Lets test that theory, lets say you are healthy with a family, a wife, kids maybe even grandkids, now you have to pick a date to die and leave it all behind as you blink into non-existence ?

Let's skip straight to your second question:

Yep. Immortality is nothing short of a toilet made of gold. It is made for those who are missing something inside. In my mind, the desire to live forever is indicative of unresolved conflict. It is nothing more or less than a desperate measure reserved for those who are willing to sell everything that makes them human just so they can hide from their demons. Death is the ultimate confrontation, the final showdown between yourself and yourself. When the Grim Reaper finds you, there are no more lies. There is only the complete and utter truth of who you are, where you've been, and what you've done. That's why people are afraid of death. Death represents the finalization of everything you have become, and people are terrified of being forever sculpted in the image of what they are trying to deny about themselves.

I'm not afraid of that, and so I do not fear death.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Let's skip straight to your second question:

Yep. Immortality is nothing short of a toilet made of gold. It is made for those who are missing something inside. In my mind, the desire to live forever is indicative of unresolved conflict. It is nothing more or less than a desperate measure reserved for those who are willing to sell everything that makes them human just so they can hide from their demons. Death is the ultimate confrontation, the final showdown between yourself and yourself. When the Grim Reaper finds you, there are no more lies. There is only the complete and utter truth of who you are, where you've been, and what you've done. That's why people are afraid of death. Death represents the finalization of everything you have become, and people are terrified of being forever sculpted in the image of what they are trying to deny about themselves.

I'm not afraid of that, and so I do not fear death.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)
i would fear death if your infinity is the worst pain ever,forever.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm having a blast. I don't see that ending any time soon. So, you bet, if not forever, at least a long long looooong time. How can you toss all this when you've got so much of it you'll never know if you do? I want to wear it out first.

The universe is like a giant pile of Christmas presents, and I've only unwrapped a few of them. How could you ever get tired of it?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was like that,then i found out what hell was,which was a blessing in disguise.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

But I don't plan to marry Nancy Pelosi, so I'm covered.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

but she plans on marrying you,and what nancy wants she gets

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join