It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the whole atomic structure of our Universe based on these 3 numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just found a nice and interesting article on 3 numbers that is a repeating algorithm.

And although it is from a person who many of you will think what a load of crap, its still a damn good find.

And i do not see anything wrong with this mathematical sequence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years physicists have pondered why 137 keeps showing up at the atomic level of our universe.

For instance there are 137 electron wave lengths in ALL atomic orbits.

It's a number that literally links all atoms to a universal law.

Heres an example....

The new number sequence is aptly named 'The 137 Sequence'. It proves 137 is a repeating number in a very simple doubling law.

Can it be PROOF that the whole atomic structure of our Universe is based on this simple new numbering sequence?

The 137 Sequence states, "Starting with the number one you double and then add one."

This generates 1, 3, 7, 15, 31, 63, 127, 255,511 ...

As you can see this simple doubling law generates 1 3 7 the infamous number that fascinates many of the top physicists in the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theres alot of information on this,but i wont post it all here only provide just a little more......

-------------------------------------------------
The famous Fibonacci Sequence is known to hold numbers that appear in nature in many visible design traits of thinks like trees and sunflowers.

137 was only recently discovered by man in the past 50 or so years. It was HIDDEN to the world for thousands of years since you need to understand atoms on a very small scale to see how it appears over and over.

Well now we have a simple new number sequence, the 137 Sequence that explains how 137 is hidden as a repeating algorithm in this simple doubling law.
------------------------------------------------------------------

This is really interesting and although im not mathematician the 137 seems to hold up no matter what numbers i have tried.

Any number crunching heads like to explain what the hell does all this mean and is it credible?

Base 9 number reduction

[edit on 15-11-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
While the number 137 does appear in the fine structure constant, I'm not convinced that this means that the 1,3,7 sequence is anything special. The 1,3,7 sequence seems to me to be a number 'trick' just like the original Fibonacci sequence, although this sequence is found in nature . While it may yet still be proven that 137 is the magic number or sequence, I'm not convinced yet, especially when the page links to of all things the Bible code. If the site hadn't mentioned this, the 137 idea would have more credibilty.
The number reduction to single digit numbers also seems like a bit of a numerical game, reminiscent of such games as:

Think of a number...............................................
Add ten...............................................................
Double the result................................................
Subtract six.........................................................
Divide by two......................................................
Take away the number you first thought of........

The answer is always seven.

Also if all this number reduction stuff is relevant, try the sequence of Double it & add two. You'll end up with the following sequence:

1,4,10,22,46,94,190. This sequence breaks down to 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4 using the number reduction to a single digit rule. there are many more besides this.

Interesting post Mark.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The 2x +1 progression is more interesting in a Octal (Base 8) number system.

A Base 8 number system counts up to 7 instead of 9 before carrying the 1.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27, etc...

To the left of the = is the 2x+1 progression; to the right are the interger reductons (added in a base 8 system 1 + 7 = 10; 1 + 0 = 1)

0 = 0
1 = 1
3 = 3
7 = 7
17 = 1
37 = 3
77 = 7
177 =1
377 = 3
777 = 7

Isn't that more interesting than Base-10??

Edit:
2x +2 is interesting in Octal too:

0 = 0
2 = 2
6 = 6
16 = 7
36 = 2
76 = 6
176 = 7
376 = 2
776 = 6
1776 = 7