It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hey, I'm gonna be honest...I didn't understand any of that. In fact, it feels distinctly like one of those moments where all the extra words are just there to hide the raging BS I'm supposed to buy.

With that said, let's be clear here: I'm not in the market for poop. So don't try selling me any.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
akushla99
vethumanbeing

akushla99
"What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your religion is false?"...better the devil you think you know, than the new one you'd have to dream up to replace it...Å99

vethumanbeing
I missed this original question 653 pages ago post by 3 minutes late, and how did you climb into my head to do this?

akushla99
You knoe that I manipulate time, VHB...other thing is, these damned flip-top heads...yours just happened to be hinged back...

That rascal Hannible left my brain exposed (I am brewed for a crisp full taste, my pull tab device out of order apparently). I had the feeling you can manipulate time; one recognises this ability in another.

akushla99
You know...if you're fearful...you might as well have something to be fearful of...take your pick, make one up...and while you're at it, construct an MGM, charlton heston blockbuster with a proper beginning, bacchanalian middle, and planet crashing ending...Sometimes I confuse films with reality...Å99

I thought that senario was done already "Planet of the Apes" a newer version (the accidental breakdown of a spaceship based civilization over South Africa) "District 9". What is to fear when irreverance is your middle name? What makes you think film is not an overlay reality, just as valid and quite incidious in its sneaky undermining of cultures, or could also be the in your face reality, you are paying to watch yourselves "ACT OUT" being humans. My MGM would re-release 'The Wizard of OZ' backwards, slow motion the hidden messages in some of the scenes (the hanging man in the orchard of rude apple trees).
I would have a disclaimer before the title, "warning what you are watching is Real why? because its a thoughtbomb that becomes (if enough of you witness it) will shape societial fabric. Did Paramount make 'Avatar', should have jumped on that screenplay.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
akushla99
vethumanbeing

akushla99
"What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your religion is false?"...better the devil you think you know, than the new one you'd have to dream up to replace it...Å99

vethumanbeing
I missed this original question 653 pages ago post by 3 minutes late, and how did you climb into my head to do this?

akushla99
You knoe that I manipulate time, VHB...other thing is, these damned flip-top heads...yours just happened to be hinged back...

That rascal Hannible left my brain exposed (I am brewed for a crisp full taste, my pull tab device out of order apparently). I had the feeling you can manipulate time; one recognises this ability in another.

akushla99
You know...if you're fearful...you might as well have something to be fearful of...take your pick, make one up...and while you're at it, construct an MGM, charlton heston blockbuster with a proper beginning, bacchanalian middle, and planet crashing ending...Sometimes I confuse films with reality...Å99

I thought that senario was done already "Planet of the Apes" a newer version (the accidental breakdown of a spaceship based civilization over South Africa) "District 9". What is to fear when irreverance is your middle name? What makes you think film is not an overlay reality, just as valid and quite incidious in its sneaky undermining of cultures, or could also be the in your face reality, you are paying to watch yourselves "ACT OUT" being humans. My MGM would re-release 'The Wizard of OZ' backwards, slow motion the hidden messages in some of the scenes (the hanging man in the orchard of rude apple trees).
I would have a disclaimer before the title, "warning what you are watching is Real why? because its a thoughtbomb that becomes (if enough of you witness it) will shape societial fabric. Did Paramount make 'Avatar', should have jumped on that screenplay.

VHB...why don't they look for the love-molecule, instead of breeding the hate/fear one in test-tube labs...it confounds me too...i understand why it happens, but, human has the ability to blind itself so thoroughly...to where, right before thier eyes, magic trix mesmerise them...its not like we are robotic r2 d2's...laziness, masochistic tendencies?...that fear (or physiological blindness brought on by fear) would seem an obvious mechanism to thwart, especially when it came to holding our own grounds with confidence...that would be admirable...as we are admiring of those that declench from fear-induced proprietary belief bubbles to include all as experience-mode teachers and students...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Are you and VHB not really one and the same person..?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Hey, I'm gonna be honest...I didn't understand any of that.

Yeah right. I don't believe you, and all the hand-waving in the world won't convince me that you didn't and don't understand it and comprehend it, perfectly including the humor of true understanding that I'm also trying to impart.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by akushla99

Aren't we all?...individual units can fight amongst themselves, or with themselves to generate whatever fear they want that legitimises anything, even the non-existent...I knoe, you knoe this...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeah right. I don't believe you, and all the hand-waving in the world won't convince me that you didn't and don't understand it and comprehend it, perfectly including the humor of true understanding that I'm also trying to impart.

*shrugs* Then don't believe me. Watch me care. You could always simplify your drawn out explanation so I have less threads to separate and follow, but you don't have to. It's not like my happiness depends on it.
edit on 24-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
akushla99
vethumanbeing

akushla99

vethumanbeing

akushla99
VHB...why don't they look for the love-molecule, instead of breeding the hate/fear one in test-tube labs...it confounds me too...i understand why it happens, but, human has the ability to blind itself so thoroughly...to where, right before thier eyes, magic trix mesmerise them...its not like we are robotic r2 d2's...laziness, masochistic tendencies?

The Love molecule doesnt resonate (THEY CANT CONSUME/EAT IT) they are feeders of the lower vibrational thoughtforms, the higher forms are out of bounds/off limits to a digestive system that is based in dining upon FEAR, INTIMIDATION, STRIFE, MISERY vibration; essencially a human emotion based system (we have the glands to produce the emotives, they dont) and love frequency would burn them alive. The overlords "SITE OWNER/MANAGER MODS" do their best to dumb down the human and intensify its downtrodden existence, mock storm surges, chaos flurishing in the land of milk and honey. We are outsmarting them but its a slow hidden process of the generational uploading of DNA codes (LEARNED by the Parent and passed to its prodgeny). This is something that cannot be thwarted (natural processes at work at/in its finest hour).

akushla99
that fear (or physiological blindness brought on by fear) would seem an obvious mechanism to thwart, especially when it came to holding our own grounds with confidence...that would be admirable...as we are admiring of those that declench from fear-induced proprietary belief bubbles to include all as experience-mode teachers and students...Å99

Fear is a very effective way to control, internal fears (self doubt) Pride works very well here in context as it is a blinding factor. Fear destroys every aspect of human self reliance, confidence. Most major religions have the messy countainance of a 'beware factor', their hands are bloody as they are the teachers of proprietary belief models of IMPERFECTION (and they know it). This is all 'a control the human' based system and its been going on for 400,000 years; its failing in its antiquated dark ages approach and guess who knows what they are up to (the ultimate gain/game chessboard machination dynamic they will lose).
edit on 24-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
akushla99
NewAgeMan
reply to post by akushla99 suspect multiple personality disorder

NAM

akushla99
Aren't we all?...individual units can fight amongst themselves, or with themselves to generate whatever fear they want that legitimises anything, even the non-existent...I knoe, you knoe this...Å99

I can assure you NAM; A99 and I are NOT the same person, just parts of another greater Whole; but thanks for your attentiveness (asking). Do you need some help with tempering (feed it a brownie is all) AfterInfinity? (I love you AI).

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

Do you need some help with tempering (feed it a brownie is all) AfterInfinity? (I love you AI).

Yes please.

I've offered up just about everything I can think of, pure gold, unearthed treasure, precious pearls (in formation) and a giant, multifaceted diamond and a wellspring of new life and new possibility resident in the very heart of the universe (one song) and he called it all nothing but dog poo, so maybe at this point a little brown-ie may be appropriate..

Thanks in advance. (this should be interesting..)

Best Regards,

NAM aka Bob

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

vethumanbeing

Do you need some help with tempering (feed it a brownie is all) AfterInfinity? (I love you AI).

Yes please. I've offered up just about everything I can think of, pure gold, unearthed treasure, precious pearls (in formation) and a giant, multifaceted diamond and a wellspring of new life and new possibility resident in the very heart of the universe (one song) and he called it all nothing but dog poo, so maybe at this point a little brown-ie may be appropriate..
Thanks in advance. (this should be interesting..)
Best Regards, NAM aka Bob

Pardon my observations, you both are embroiled in a question of not 'religion' but character, and thats why the assassination factor peeks through. Both of you are of the highly intel. and are strong personalities, I learn from you both, as in enlightening and characteristically well worth reading of. For whatever reason, you have struck the perfect chord of disharmony; as in you are trying to sway another to your individual truths (NOT POSSIBLE OR FAIR in the attempt). The reasonable thing to do is agree on your passion for the stance taken and respect the other (all bickering set aside). There is a common tenent, (what is it) as I said before your individual passions for diametrically opposite war strategies. Shake hands and call it a draw. No one wins philosophical debates, they are intended ON PURPOSE designed to be never ending; to keep you from seeing truths hiding in right in front of the next ridges treeline. NAM you are so gentle hearted and well meaning its humbling, as duplititous twins you and AI make for a perfect cauldren of nail biting suspence--the narrowing paring down of ideas. It almost never happens here in this forum and its a good thing cudos to both of you and your patience with each other.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

And I thought you were going to dish him out a small brownie of some kind, but the effort at being an intermediary in our "dispute" is touching and cute.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of the most high."

Cheers,

NAM

edit on 24-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

and cute.

"Cute"????

That sounds a tad condescending, NAM aka Bob. Just sayin'. We need more peacemakers. Intermediarys, mediators, whatever you want to call them. It isn't "cute" - it's imperative for the survival of our specie.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

If I were so easily swayed, I would already be rolling over and letting him scratch my belly. As it so happens, I was born with legs of my own to stand on.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes please.

I've offered up just about everything I can think of, pure gold, unearthed treasure, precious pearls (in formation) and a giant, multifaceted diamond and a wellspring of new life and new possibility resident in the very heart of the universe (one song) and he called it all nothing but dog poo, so maybe at this point a little brown-ie may be appropriate..

I am not so narrow and shallow as to be seduced by visions of grandeur and sparkles. For myself, the greatest treasures are found in dark, deep, dangerous places, where your inner voice is your best friend and worst enemy.

You know, the sort of places where you have to face yourself - all of yourself - in order to make headway. That's where the best treasures may be found. All the gold in the world is worthless if you don't know who you are.

That's not to say I don't appreciate your perspective. But I am not an easy customer, especially when it comes to matters of the mind and soul.
edit on 25-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

If God is the ASSHOLE that your religion promotes, and does "send people to burn in Hell for eternity", then I want
nothing to do with him anyway, and I
won't follow his stupid rules. Because
they are asinine, juvenile, and morally
CORRUPT. HUMANITY in general knows how we are supposed to behave. All that
matters is compassion. God IS "Love." God IS manifest in the LOVE that we
see around us, that we experience
when we become parents, when we
'feel' for others. The horrors of those
who do not love, but who intend to
harm, are an aspect of God that will DIE AWAY. Those who practice those
horrific behaviors will reincarnate,
again and again, until they figure it
out. CORRECTION, not PUNISHMENT.

Now the op starts applying on you..
I do not agree that God in Islam is the way you assume.
The rest is just your christian background and present beliefs talking.
Hell is a consequence and not just a punishment. Its also a threat aiming to make people good. Just because you don't think its a good idea, doesnt make it true. Lots of people don't do crimes just for the fear of going to prison.
Any system including religion should be effective in its aims and can use multiple ways to achieve it, to be affective on people of different levels of understanding.

Your mistake is you criticize the one way it doesn't appeal to you and conclude that if a religion has hell, its not true.

On topic, i have thought about the op questions long before you posted them and i periodically think about it.
However i would like to bring up AI's reply on my hypothetical question about christianity being true( @AI, i hope you read this)
he said that even if its true he would continue the way he is.
Thats called stubborness and rebellion.
So say that God wants to forgive a rebellious soul, will the soul want it? Because for that he/she has to admit the superiority of God.
So the question is should God forgive and go against the person's free will?
If God says He would forgive all eitherway then whats the use of being good and being believers? So its an injustice against those who believe. If an unbeliever thinks that he/she would make their will the superior most in this world and later God is loving and forgiving so He would forgive then he/she is a hypocrite and trying to fool God. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!
So all the ways are closed unless free will is forcibly over ridden which exactly is the thing that an unbeliever is resisting.

So yes if there is a God and He sent a scripture then it has to be taken with responsibility. Once this is established as the Truth. Denying it means willing choosing Hell.

This is exactly what the op is asking.
I am open to admit and accept whatever the truth maybe because in Islam acting contrary to it means Hell and it makes sense.
edit on 25-10-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

So yes if there is a God and He sent a scripture then it has to be taken with responsibility. Once this is established as the Truth. Denying it means willing choosing Hell.

And if I choose Hell, doesn't that mean I win? I think it does. Because that demonstrates once and for all that no matter how powerful God is, unless he invalidates my individuality by removing my free will from the equation, he cannot own me. It proves that he is NOT all-powerful unless he sheds the illusion of benevolence. So he has two choices:

1. Lose.

2. Reveal himself for what he truly is.

Talk about a rock and a hard place. I want to make it clear here that I am not interested in winning the game or anything like that. I am interested in teaching your god a virtue he clearly lacks. I am interested in proving to him that in many ways, he is just as flawed as we are. Perhaps that's why he is so hard and cold toward us. Perhaps we remind him incessantly of how much he hates his own imperfections. So maybe, just maybe, I can show him that it's okay to be imperfect. That our shortcomings are part of what makes us beautiful.

Now that's a death worth having.
edit on 25-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And if I choose Hell, doesn't that mean
I win? I think it does. Because that
demonstrates once and for all that no
matter how powerful God is, unless he
invalidates my individuality by
removing my free will from the equation, he cannot own me.

Oh He owns you all, each atom you are made of and your soul. The biggest sign of His benevolence is that He not fighting you back as you wish but just waiting patiently.
And you don't make God feel helpless or beaten because you are again assuming wrongly that God wants all to get saved from hell( Loving God christian idea) God is fine with saving the ones who want to.

You assume the parameters of a challenge, then also assume what constitutes a win or a loss and then declare that you WON.
I find that just amusing.
The whole idea that God can be beaten by a mere mortal is odd and that cannot be God, its more the gods in greek/hindu mythology etc who end up beaten by a man's/woman's smartness etc etc.
The basic thing is that you don't set the parameters for anything. God has done that already and informed us. You have the mere choice of accepting them or not and God is fine with it. And this is the thing you cannot accept that anyone tells you how to do things. I wonder if you act the same with say a doctor or other experts, because if you think the All Mighty Expert is not good enough to obey, how would mere mortals command obedience/acceptance to their advice!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

you are again assuming wrongly that God wants all to get saved from hell( Loving God christian idea) God is fine with saving the ones who want to.

WOW!! Did you get a promotion overnight to "official God-messenger"? They should make you a PROPHET! (hehe first I typed PROFIT....shoulda left it in there). How DARE you assume such a position!! It just goes to show that you are COMPLETELY in denial and REFUSE to consider ANY other religious thoughts or theories, or to even consider they are ALL wrong.

You are perhaps one of the most presumptuous of ALL the regulars here, thinking you know the mind of God. SHAME on you!!

He's YOUR imaginary tyrant. Keep him to yourself, please. He's a very depressing, unkind, and compassionless bloke, and judging by his followers, not much of a go-to guy. UNDOUBTEDLY and certainly an indifferent "boss."

Appalling.

edit on 10/25/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If God says He would forgive all eitherway then whats the use of being good and being believers? So its an injustice against those who believe.

Dude. You have some SERIOUS resentment and revenge issues to work through.

The above quote shows that you are more concerned with "others getting theirs" than with loving your fellow man.

"What's the use of being good?" REALLY?

Because it's the RIGHT THING TO DO by your fellow man. Period. No "God", no "punishment" or "threats" required. That's where you get hung up. It would PISS YOU OFF if people were all forgiven....

WHICH MEANS - you don't have a forgiving or understanding bone in your body. You WANT people to go to Hell!!!! Just to make YOU feel better!

Vile.
In fact, I can scarcely think of an appropriately negative term for that mentality. VILE.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join