It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many people nationwide face loss of cheap policies under new health care reform rules

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
What this country needed was for the medical profession, insurance companies and drug companies to reign in their prices.

Bravo!
I've been saying this for years.
The medical industry has become a bloated leach on society telling us we need this expensive pill for this, that expensive test for that and your part of the copay will be xxx.
Then you have to take your dog to the vet for the same thing and you find out the 'real' cost of such a proceedure. That is a wake up call.

People seemed to have forgpotten that if you take care of yourself you body will heal itself.
The old wives tales and home remedies work pretty good if you follow them but the AMA coonvinces you that you are practically practicing witchcraft if you use them instead of running to the doctor paying for an office visit and being told that the next appt will be in 3 weeks by then your cold will be gone anyhow.

I

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

AlienScience
I am self employed, have no government contracts, and I purchase my own health insurance.

I know it doesn't fit your stereotype, but there are more like me than you could imagine.

I am self employed and the best insurance I could find still sucks.

Perhaps you could share the plan you have with us? possibly the broker you use. Good plans seem to be few and far between nowadays it seems.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join